1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VII

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Gallows Bait, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    By the way, how do I figure out who are TOP dark elves coaches?
    Danton is not playing Dark elves nowadays ... or is he?
    @danton do you have any replays which can be used to demonstrate how dark elves should be played?

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I played a lot with Dark Elves in BB1, but not many games with them in BB2. They are flexible enough that they can be played in different ways all the same.

My advice would be to develop a lot of Blodge-Step players in order to annoy your opponents as much as possible! ;)

3. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    That I already do, but they die ...
    I guess that my problem is not properly protecting my good players.
    For example my MB witch died because I placed her in a bad spot and she was surfed.

4. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, positioning plays a big part. Knowing when to go for full pressure, or when to back off is not an exact science. Sometimes you have to expose your good players, but ideally you do that when the ball is under a lot of pressure.

5. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    How would you people skill a +st Block +ag pestigor?
    Its an 2 season Old occ team for context
    The other pest are claw pomb, claw mighty and wrestle tackle.

i would go sh since its the King of skills, but im thinking it may be a wast but not sure..

Bowser likes this.
  6. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Sure hands seems sensible to me. Makes him an excellent carrier.

BallztotheWalla and Bowser like this.
  7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    SH for the boring sensible ballcarrier.
    2 heads to make the opponent worry about you getting 2D on the ballcarrier every single turn and you deciding not to risk the dive into the cage as you don't want your pixels to die.
    I'd just take SH and then 2h on the wrackle.

BallztotheWalla and Bowser like this.
  8. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    OCC team, wood elves:
    Red Riding Wood Season 25 after MD9.jpg

What do I give to The Wolf?

Similar question was already made for my other woodies team and I chose wrestle: better at making his job and better chance to drop the ball even against sure hands, plus here I have a reliable ball retriever, so it seems same considerations apply.

However I am in search of other angles.
    Fend would protect him.
    Jump Up also makes him better at chasing the ball, plus he has MB so opponent will think twice before marking him when he's down.
    Dauntless? doesn't seem much relevant, prehaps for the frenzy dancer.
    Shadowing? with MA8 Blodge and sidestep he would have a lot of glue.

These seem the only viable options.
    As opposed to my other woodies league I think that in OCC protecting my players is a bit more important so fend is attractive.
    Wrestle conversely is for winning games ... I guess the decision boils down to: what's my focus, protect the team or win the games?
    Jump up seems like a compromise between the two.

I'm all ears.

9. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Is the top of the OCC still full of ST4 ballcarriers? If so then dauntless is preparing for when you get there.

Jump up , wrestle and fend are all viable options. I probably prefer Jump up for the increased mobility but not much between the 3 options.
    Not a fan of shadowing as most of the time anyone stood next to the dancer wants to hit it.

10. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    The question you should ask yourself is how do you deal with a team with at least a ag4 st4 blodge sh ball carrier who claw pomp’s you every turn because that’s the occ from div 2 and up.
    Personally I would just make a nurgle team but if you insist on woodies I’d take dauntless..

11. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Those are good points, but considering the amount of guard on the same teams with the aforementioned ST4 blodge sh ball carrier wouldn't I be rolling 2 red dice anyway, even with dauntless?
    On the frenzy jugg dancer it would help surfs and OOTDs so that's a given if I don't roll myself +ST.
    Anyway I am already in div2, it's been a couple of season already and didn't feel so much the need of Dauntless.
    Will think about it anyway.

About shadowing I've been on the wrong side of it and it can really destroy your plans. Imagine the blodge ST4 AG4 ball carrier dodging away (either because he has no other option or because he didn't notice shadowing): you follow and force roll after roll, and the opponent can only stop moving or risk a turnover multiple times.
    Even dodging 2+ has reasonable chances to fail if you force 3 or 4 rolls.
    Also it means that the blitz WILL go on him, and also that it will require probably more than one player to avoid you just sidestepping still close to the ball carrier.
    That could be a good thing as it doesn't allow the opponent to push your defence.
    IT is also a bad thing because it puts a big target on his back.
    I think it is a very good and undervalued skill, but probably better on other pieces than a wardancer: maybe I could give it to a catcher, but then there's the problem that it's soo easy to get 3 dice on them ...

12. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I prefer diving tackle to shadowing but only if you have a wrodge step lineman.
    Every player with MA 8+ on any team has better skills to take.

13. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    You're probably right, but without high movement shadowing is laughable.

14. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    A slightly different question ... couldn't find an appropriate topic where to post it so since it involves team development I thought better to post it here rather than create a new topic.
    My dark elf team sits on 190k gold with 11 players and I have only one witch at the moment, so buying a second witch would seem the logical move.
    Problem is I have many valuable players to protect, so having another frail player will either leave her exposed or some other valuable player exposed more than not.
    Team is like this:
    Season 30 after MD6.jpg

Should I buy a witch or should I just get a lineman and wait to skill up the guards a bit more before having the second witch?
    Keep in mind that I am tied on points with the leader and second in Reikland, so with a bit of luck I may end up in Altdwarf next season ... (I contemporarily relish and fear the prospect ...)
    Therefore next (and last) game will be decisive and I will be against skaven with 100k less than me so they will have 170k in inducements if I get a lineman or 210k if I get a witch.
    Second witch may be really helpful, but definitely hard to protect ...

15. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd get the witch.
    You must already have a guard player able to be blitzed on turn 1 as can't protect all of them anyway.
    And after turn 1 the guard will be moving to lend assists so not protected either.
    Also you don't have a runner and a blitzer is MA busted so you are down on speed compared to most DE teams even with the witch.
    The only players that want protecting are the 2 good blitzers and the witch and since those blitzers have blodgestep and 1 with DT you are going to be marking with the blitzers anyway on the key turns.

Personally I would get a lineman as well to get up to 13 players.

16. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Hmmmm ... makes sense.
    I already bought the witch, probably I'll buy also the lino.

17. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Active Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    Not Big Crunch but I have a Dorf team and was wondering what to get
    Longbeard got a regular level up, should I go Stand Firm?
    First Runner got snake eyes so no attribute increase but a pick of any of the categories. Dodge?
    Second runner rolled DOUBLE FIVES, surely MV increase is the sure pick?
    Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

18. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I agree with the dodge and +MA.
    The LB wants either SF or MB. I tend to go MB 1st on the 1st few just to increase your removals

19. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Active Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    MB is tempting but isn't SF pretty good to keep the guard piece in place?

20. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Yes it is if the SF guard is in the right place.
    With just the 1 SF a good opponent can make it fairly irrelevant.

IMO 1 Guard MB is better than 1 Guard SF but 6 Guard SF is better than 6 Guard MB