1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VII

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Gallows Bait, Jun 12, 2020.

1. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I always love a kicker, but that's my style.

I think you should focus on having 11 players on the pitch all the time. Wrestle will help you with that. Dirty Player may play against you (get sent off, without removing the target).

2. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Rookie Wardancer got a level up, normal skill. Normally, it’s a no brainer for me. First to level up gets Strip Ball, the other gets Tackle. But my other WD got AG5 last game (now with 10 SPPs). Should I take Strip Ball on the one who leveled up?Or reserve that skill for later on the one with AG5, and take Tackle instead? Other ideas?

What’s the best development path for an AG5 Wardancer? He already has Leap and Dodge to compound on this. Sure Hands, Catch and Pass Block are the skills that come to mind that benefit from a high AG. I doubt any of these is the right way to go, but then, Catch and Sure Hands are very tempting for some serious ball handling, even under heavy pressure (then Dodge or Leap away). And Pass Block + Catch on an AG5 player has always been very tempting to me. Of course, if Strip Ball is better on this WD instead of the other one (because he can more easily Leap in and Dodge out), then the path is indeed Strip Ball, then Tackle, and then maybe Sure Hands or Side Step first. All the meme AG skills will have to wait...

3. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    If you weren't saving up for a reroll I would take DP. Khemri can usually get a skelly after every game so can build up a bench quickly.
    But if it going to be another 3 games before you get up to 13 players I would just take wrestle.

danton likes this.
  4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would be leaping in with the AG5 dancer as it is safer so the AG4 gets tackle.

patbou73 likes this.
  5. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    My woodie team got a normal skill on a lino.

As of now I have a strip ball tackle dancer, a frenzy juggs dancer, a wrestle lino and a kicker.
    I lost the thrower last match and the catcher earlier.
    I have 120k so I can get a catcher now (or a thrower or reroll), so in deciding the skill for the lino that should be factored in.

I am leaning on dodge, 'cause even if getting a catcher I have too few in the team and I often must reposition or dodge out as it's a pretty bashy league.

6. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Dodge is always a pretty good first skill on lineelves, it synergises well with Guard if you get a double next level up.

7. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Fully agree. Dodge it is, and a Catcher. It will make up for the reroll you’ve lost on Thrower w/ Leader.

8. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Yeah ... well, that thrower was already -1 MA, so I shouldn't have even used apo on him.
    Destiny reminded me that he had to go.

9. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Orc Blitzer with +MV leveled and rolled 5+5, my head say Dodge, my heart says +MV. Convince me either way please.

PS this is on my OCC team themed around colouring the player name. One of my Blitzers is called Uns and his name is coloured red, really annoyed this isn't him. Apparently Red Uns don't go faster.

10. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    I used a MV7 blitzer as a very successful ball carrier in the Big Crunch, the extra reach got me out of many stick situations. I also stopped using a thrower so no armour 8 on the pitch.

11. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    You know what's better than a mv7 blodge orc?
    A mv8 blodge orc!
    That'll come only 1 in 6 at next level ups though, so if you decide to go for it you'd better think how you'd skill him up with no other doubles and what will be his role.
    I think that mv8 is tremendously helpful even without dodge.
    Guard and/or tackle/diving tackle on a fast piece can be put to use wherever you need to.
    Then there is the issue of refusing nuffle's gifts ... you know it is always punished right?

But if you want boring highest efficiency go for dodge.

12. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think you should take MV. With MV 8, he’ll be everywhere you want him to be. He can even get away with the ball if you manage to steal it on Defense. Also useful to blitz and move elsewhere for an assist, or just as a safety. Dodge is good, obviously. But when do you think will be your next chance at having an Orc Blitzer that is as fast as a Wardancer?

13. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    You can't use a rr to get a reach of 10, while you can use a rr ro reroll a failed dodge. And who know, maybe your opponent will be unable to count to 10... @Regor

Regor likes this.
  14. Ash

Ash New Member

Steam Username:
    Ash
    Country Flag:
    Hi;
    Some advice for the new Snotlings team?
    I am going with them in a stunty League and i got150k to spend on skills (no double on Big guys)
    (Hail Mary on bombermans and a troll with strong arm are my firsts choices ... Block on runnas is probably a Bad Idea ?...)
    Thx

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  15. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Active Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    Hello guys. My dwarf team has leveled up its Dwarf Runner to Lv.3 and got a normal skillup roll. He has AG+ and the other runner has guard. Should I just get block or should I invest in Wrestle or Strip Ball?

16. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Wait for Strip Ball. You want Block or Wrestle first. With AG4, he should be the one picking up the ball, and occasionally dodging away from markers to score a TD at the end of the drive. I doubt Wrestle is what you want on ball carrier, so Block it should be, more so when blitzing with him could help you score (a fair strategy).

17. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    If he's your ball carrier I'd say block.
    Never played dwarves but it seems to me that with AG4 and sure hands he can be the one to retrieve the ball if you manage to spill it.
    I'd use someone else as sacker.

18. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Beat you to it! :p

Great minds think alike... ;)

19. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Assuming only 1 skill per player
    I would go
    Hail Mary * 2 on bombers , Dirty Player on a snot, Juggs on a troll and then either 2 more DP'ers , or normal skills on troll and both wagons.

I would take the 3 dirty players if that is allowed and foul like crazy.

Fouling stunty players with a DP causes an injury on a 8+ and you don't need many players to break armour.

20. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Block or Kick off return.
    KoR gets him into the cage quicker so he doesn't get hit but block is better on defence.