1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skill allocation advice

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Narly Bird, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, I wouldn't go around taking the chance of me beating Netsmurf into consideration...

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    One of my Crunch Cup blitzers hit level 3 and rolled a second double! He already has Dodge from the first double roll. Normally I prefer it when human blitzers just roll regular skill-ups as it's then easy to build them with Guard, MB, Tackle, Stand Firm, etc!

I was planning on just giving him Guard, as that combines nicely with Blodge and then Stand Firm after that. Currently I only have one blitzer with Guard, as the other one that levelled got Dodge as well. So what would people choose in this case? I think my next opponent will be Gobbos, so don't need the extra Guard in the short-term, although longer term I will need more Guard of course.

Was thinking of giving him either Diving Tackle or Side-Step if I take the double, although probably more in favour of DT, as it's always useful to have some on the team and I can give him Stand Firm next as planned initially. The other option is to give him Tackle. Thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  3. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    I would go with Diving tackle I think, then get stand firm and guard (if he gets that far). Blodge, DT stand firm will be really annoying.

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Personally, I'd go with Jump Up, but of the two skills You mentioned, Diving Tackle seems to be the better one.

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I did consider Jump Up and I'd probably put it ahead of Side-Step actually, seeing as the blitzer can just get Stand Firm on a normal roll instead. Only problem is that he already has Dodge and JU combines best with MB + PO on a player like this, which won't happen for a while!

Given the short format of the tournament I may actually just take Tackle, as I don't have any on the team yet and it will be useful against the Gobbos in the next match.

6. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I like getting tackle on a dodge piece as it more easily lets him get to where he can use it. DT is ok, but not so great until you already have ss or sf (at which time its a thing of beauty).

Due to there not being so many matches left before the season will end, i would therefore skip the double. Although if your going longer term development (ccvi and on) then DT could be a good call.

7. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Yeah got another long term vs short term skillup.

After my match with mico I got (only :() one skillup, which turned into ag on a lineelf. I seem to be good at rolling AG in CCs (got 3 in CCIV, one was on a black orc so got turned down). To be honest I might just skip it and get dodge, but I am open to suggestions.

8. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Well in terms of holding a gobbo in one place DT is more effective than tackle (5+ with a RR is a touch harder than 3+ without one), Of course there is nothing like rolling a :pushback::powdodge: on a key block vs a goblin :(.

9. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    I personnaly don't like +agi on rookie linos. Sure, if you manage to get him to 2nd or 3rd skill, he could be really useful but with no defensive skill, Im not sure you'll be able to exploit his agility much.

Take into account too that you don't have a bench and therefore he may have to be put on LOS "often".

10. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Yeah next game is going to be tough as well.

Will take wrestle or dodge I think depending if the OP orcs beat the imba WD and cronies or not.

11. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    There is another option: woodies win but Smurfette on steroids die after a 16th turn gang fool. :D

12. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Well yeah unless Rusty helps me out, the goals are

1/ Win
    2/ kill the WD
    3/ Cripple the WD (broken collar bone or neck for example)
    4/ give the WD MNG

Got an assassin for the 17% chance to get the annoyance off the field. The 42% chance to knock her down for a followup gang foul is also good.

It is annoying that NS gets most hated player two comps in a row, but that is the way it goes sometimes. At least they are both AV 7.

13. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah but at least superghoul didn't have apothecary support :(

14. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    It is almost unbearble to get the most hated player award in two cups - almost;)

15. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    Incidently, is there life for these teams after Crunch Cup V?

Can they take part in the next Cup? I should probably have asked before since it would have changed at least one of my skill choices!

16. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    CCVI is for experienced teams so yeah you can carry on with them. I would hope we in the future will have another cup like this one with all rookie teams as well, but that is a discussion for CCVII. (some sort of alternation would be good IMHO).

17. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, but without SS or SF it is often easy to just blitz the DT marker and push them away first!

I've decided I'm just going to take Tackle, as I need someone who can reliably blitz Gobbos! Also, if I win the next game I think I face Amazons after that, so Tackle becomes somewhat more of a priority! :)

I think that due to the short nature of the tournament it's more important to prioritize skills that will be used more in the immediate matches. If this was a longer term league, I'd probably go with DT.

As for your +Ag lino, I would take it as long as you have 4 or 5 other linos that can stand on the LOS.

18. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    But alas, the teams can go over to CCVI and the long term league there. Or will you be rolling a new team for the next CC?

19. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    You wouldn't happen to be coaching a certain Amazon team that might not want me to take Tackle in case we play each other in the next round would you...? :p

Too late anyway, because I already took Tackle! ;)

Don't know if I'll be playing in CCVI at the moment to be honest. Even if I do decide to take this team in that tournament, I'd still take Tackle now on this blitzer! :)

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, yes? :p

Side-step would have been a contender, imo, but sacrificing doubles is supposedly possible. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.