1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skill allocation advice

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Narly Bird, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rama Set

    Rama Set Member

    Messages:
    547
    Cyanide Username:
    Rama Set
    Country Flag:
    Dauntless gives you a 50% shot at taking down the BC and 17% chance at a TO, on a 1D. Strip Ball gives a 70% chance of knocking the ball out and a 30% chance of a turnover (on 2D against). I would go strip ball because the skill does not have a chance of failure before you roll the block dice, but that's me. Maybe let the SV die in his own time unless you have a manageable sched and decent bank?
     
  2. tys123

    tys123 Courier Staff

    Messages:
    2,970
    Country Flag:
    Dauntless.

    Keep the Vermin if you want to win the next few matches.
    Sack if you have the cash and are planning long term.
    Note that rats die too often for long term plans to actually work as planned.
     
  3. Rama Set

    Rama Set Member

    Messages:
    547
    Cyanide Username:
    Rama Set
    Country Flag:
    I would hold off on dauntless because you can maybe get horns too. And horns are better than dauntless IMO.
     
  4. Hoverdog

    Hoverdog Active Member

    Messages:
    320
    Country Flag:
    Only when the BC doesn't have Sure Hands, which is, I don't know, 50%?
     
  5. tys123

    tys123 Courier Staff

    Messages:
    2,970
    Country Flag:
    I prefer dauntless to horns.
    Sure it fails 1 in 6 times but can work on ST4 , Doesn't need to blitz and most importantly isn't a double.
    On a double i'd prefer 2 heads or big hand over horns.
     
  6. 20phoenix

    20phoenix Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,222
    Location:
    Cardiff (GMT+1)
    Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Talking to a few others leap has been suggested as well. My plan was for leap as his level 6 skill. Is that also in the mix?
     
  7. Rama Set

    Rama Set Member

    Messages:
    547
    Cyanide Username:
    Rama Set
    Country Flag:
    For sure. Leap lets you get in to position to use the other two skill choices. Seeing as a BC will likely be protected then this is a valuable skill.
     
  8. Boffa

    Boffa Active Member

    Messages:
    1,400
    Location:
    Perth, Australia
    Country Flag:
    I have two twin mighty blow wardancers with a level pending for my woody's in div 4 of CC. Playing against Ogres, humans, goblins, lizardman and 3 elf teams. Tackle on both would be awesome, as all the teams are dodge heavy.. but only humans have sure hands (on a str4 blodge thrower) so should I give one strip ball and the other tackle or double up on the tackle?
     
  9. Mordachai

    Mordachai Active Member

    Messages:
    614
    Location:
    Hässleholm, Sweden
    Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    I am agonizing over wheter I should take DP or SH on my leveling Hobgoblin. Normally I would take DP, since I have none, but I'm up against two Skaven teams and then an Amazon team during the first three weeks of CC - so having someone who might actually be able to pick up the ball seems tempting.

    What do you think, oh wise posters of BBTactics.com?
     
  10. Boffa

    Boffa Active Member

    Messages:
    1,400
    Location:
    Perth, Australia
    Country Flag:
    I'd take sure hands before dp, reroll on pick up is nice.. any strip ball around?
     
  11. Mordachai

    Mordachai Active Member

    Messages:
    614
    Location:
    Hässleholm, Sweden
    Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    That is the thing though, no strip ball in the division so far.
     
  12. Lebe666

    Lebe666 Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    4,198
    Location:
    Brasilia -3 GMT
    Country Flag:
    Against these speed teams you need sure hands... better not risk it. Its not about strip ball at all... but getting the ball moving safer and faster.
     
  13. Mordachai

    Mordachai Active Member

    Messages:
    614
    Location:
    Hässleholm, Sweden
    Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    That was my reasoning, yeah. This had been no problem had not my SH Hobbo /w 13 spp) gone and killed himself in the last CTA game.
     
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  14. danton

    danton Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,569
    Location:
    Buenos Aires (gmt -3)
    Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Take Tackle on both Boffa. You will use it more often than Strip Ball and having two players like that means you can cover the entire pitch and have some redundancy for when one gets taken out.
     
  15. Nikolai II

    Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

    Messages:
    12,230
    Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Boffa - take Strip ball on both. Same reasoning ;)

    Surprising amount of teams having to carry the ball on non-SH players. (Or who might prefer to)
     
  16. Boffa

    Boffa Active Member

    Messages:
    1,400
    Location:
    Perth, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Eh to late I took tackle on both! Now an Ogre pick up will screw me first game but oh well :p
     
  17. dodger

    dodger Member

    Messages:
    341
    Cyanide Username:
    drdodger
    Country Flag:
    +AG Amazon Linewoman

    Hey all, I've got a bit of a conundrum coming up, so I thought I'd get some opinions here in advance for me to mull over before I make any decisions.

    I've got an Amazon linewoman who's first skillup was +AG, and I'm really not sure where to take her next.

    So far, the only other skillups on the teams are two blitzers with Guard. I have a completed match pending that I know a catcher skilled up, but don't think there were any others skilling up yet. 1 Thrower, 2 catchers, 4 rerolls on the team too.

    Assuming no special rolls, she only has General access. Any thoughts on what's next?
     
  18. Boffa

    Boffa Active Member

    Messages:
    1,400
    Location:
    Perth, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Assuming a normal skill then it's wrestle or block first. Wrestle followed by tackle giving your most mobile player a chance to take down blodgers or block then sure hands giving you a mobile ball carrier and 2+ pick ups with reroll. If it's a double then guard, block. :)
     
  19. Nikolai II

    Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

    Messages:
    12,230
    Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Block + Sure Hands makes her your most reliable ballhandler for loose balls and rainy weather, as well as a spare catcher for the desperate passing/handoff plays.

    Block also means she only needs a double down the line to be a very mobile blodged guard.
     
  20. claaaams

    claaaams Member

    Messages:
    93
    Country Flag:
    Also it is terrible luck to ask what skill to give a player before she actually levels up! :) especially is she is av7. But, I would go block for sure. To me having only 1 dedicated sacker on a team that's all mv6 is a bit meh. 3 or 4 line women with wrestle is better, but this one is special and should skill for a more versatile role.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.