1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skill allocation advice

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Narly Bird, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    After my admin win for MD5 my Goblin rolled a normal skill. Does anyone not think I should give him Sneaky Git to stamp on a certain Wardancer?

Incidentally I now have six players on 5 SPP! Could really have done with a few more skills before taking on Netsmurf...

2. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Sneaky git to kill the damn WD sounds more than fine but reception or sure-feet to secure a one turner sounds better in the long term though :p

3. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Sneaky git is not really a great skill. It only stops you getting sent off if you fail to break armour. You really should have all possible assists anyway to make sure you break the AV 7. Basically if you et a double 1,2 or 3 on the armour roll with 0-1 assists you will not get sent off. I.e. about 1/12 fouls on a wd.

Dirty player on the other hand is a much better skill :D.

I think it is more useful on unassisted fouls on tougher players. I.e. if there is a mummy or something on the ground and you have no assists, then just having a shot to almost nothing of a foul is worth it with a sneaky git.

Catch or sure feet to help a 1 turner is also good.

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I think you should take Jump up in case I do not kill him first time or second time;)

5. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'd go either with Catch or Side Step. A potential receiving threat is nice, as is marking those annoying ST2 catchers, so they can't easily blitz You away.

6. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Not really skill allocation, but close enough...

I currently have a TV that is 100 lower than Etheric's Dark Elves. While that's very nice for an induced reroll or bribe, I'm wondering whether to buy a Lineman or Goblin (a Lineman would be better, but a Goblin would be funnier) so that I have a 12th player for when my current Goblin inevitably gets Blocked off the pitch in turn 2, plus I'd still get 50k to spend on a Babe. Thoughts?

7. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Should I take Guard or Piling On on my star MB berk John Gossard? Also, sidestep on Attila (blodger runner)?
    what's with the doubles and stat increases, i can't get a single one :mad:

8. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Rusty: I would take the inducement and foul him to death

@Hoverdog: I think I'd take PO on the zerk but I'm not sure... guard sounds better but a zerk doesn't look like a player Id give it to, maybe tackle? For the runner, SS sounds good.

9. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    @Rusty - If you aren't at all a fan of fouling, then go the Lineman. Otherwise i think Bintz is right and you should get the bribe.

@ Hoverdog - Piling on all the way. Norse win by getting the opponent off the pitch and this will do exactly that. It combines really well with jump up too.

10. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I second that - born with jump up, thats like begging for Piling ON:skull:

11. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The Usual Suspects might need skill advice (or I just need to brag, but I think advice would be good too)

Team is
    Block WW
    Rookie WW (after I come up with a name for him)
    Guard Wight
    Wight with double five
    2 Golems, one with double six
    6 Zombies, 3 RR, 2FF yadda yadda.

I'm considering +MV on the Wight (who else would have gotten MB for future as killer) and I suppose Str 5 can be handy on a FG.. but it's annoying that he remains w/o block.. and the wight could get dodge or jump up...

edit: They are CTA now, but might be in the pipes for CC7 (or 6 if they keep this up ;)

12. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    Extra movement is nice, but you'll need Guard more to bully the weaker teams and put up a fight against the bashers. If not Guard then Dodge will improve your mobility, which is more of an issue than pure speed IMO. I'd still take Guard though.

On the Golem, I'd love one of mine to get +1St. Or Dodge. But that is because both already have Block, and one of them Guard. And I'd still consider taking Guard on the other.

I can't stress how much more effective my Necro team is with Guard Wights, Block/Guard Golem, Block Golem and Dodge on one of the Wolves.

Now if only the Ghouls would stop dying....

13. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Long term, +ST on a FG is pure gold, I would take it without hesitation.

As for the Wight, it all depends what You use this guy for. I'd probably rather take Dodge than +MV or +AV, or maybe Jump Up if he is supposed to be a killer (and get Piling On later).

14. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    It might be worth checking with Netsmurf about this because at one stage there was talk of only letting experienced teams from CTA and CC1-5 join CC6 and not future cups, so only the only teams allowed in CC7 would be teams carrying on from CC6 or brand new teams. I don't know if a final decision was made though!

15. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    From my point of view I would prefer to keep experienced teams to just teams that have exclusively played in CTA or CC. If this is the team that has played a grand total of 1 game outside CTA then I think we could stretch the rules and allow it.

Anyway CC format gets talked about closer to the start of the events really. I would prefer we did not become OCC2, but apart from that I have no strong preferences. There was talk of having one tournament for all comers which might be fun, but could be quite imbalanced. Danton's one turner gutter for example, well at least it would make a change from NS having the most hated player :D.

16. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    That would be the Repeat Offenders. (The team you beat twice ;))
    The exclusively CTA team is the Usual Suspects.

But yea, "wild tournament" would be interesting too. Could be a straight Cup, no group play needed (since all teams are already experienced), and could be run in parallell with normal cups (and longer turns - two weeks)

edit: Wrong thread. Which one is the right one? ;)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  17. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I've played in a tournament where any teams were allowed and it was a lot of fun! It could be amusing to try once as a one-off tournament within the context of CC, but the main thing is not to take it too seriously!

Also, one turn scorers are annoying, but don't often win games by themselves! I haven't actually used this skaven team in a long time and although it has a couple of nice players, it's not a great team really, as the storm vermin and rat ogre are not well developed at all.

18. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    @ Nikolai - +S and Dodge all the way. The only ? is the 5/5 on the Wight, but Dodge is great for keeping him up and making him more mobile. If you are thinking very short term then go Guard on him. FG is +S without a moments hesitation though.

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Strength came very quickly. Move did come with more hesitation, but seeing as how the build is sans ghouls and I noticed I GFI with wights 2-3 times per game, I went for it and hoped for the best.

20. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Lol, the famous theory of the full backpack (no matter how big the backpack you will always fill it completely) suggests that you will STILL use GFI with that Wight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.