Skill allocation advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Star Player
Country Flag
Claw or Diving Tackle for sure. Which depends on the rest of your team and what teams you'll be facing for the rest of the season.

Foul Appearance can be a rude surprise on a blocker you put on scrimmage, but is probably better later in a team's development.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
I think I know the answer to this anyway but i'm going to throw it to the room - a rookie TG is the first TG on the team to level and gets 6's. ST or block?

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Right I have always taken block in the past - NEVER again, Strength offers so much more, guard is the only skill they need str gives him more options!

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I also vote for strength. Mainly just because its uber cool to have a S6 guy to accompany your 3 other S5 guys! Block may be more reliable, but S6 is so much cooler. :cool:

The leader Thrall on my OCC Vamp team rolled a double. Do i ignore it and go for wrestle (as was originally the plan) or do i take dodge or thick skull? I don't like Guard as it puts him in tackle zones with no defensive skills and i want to keep him on the pitch so i can use leader.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
For the thrall I'd take Dodge. Gives him some protection and a bit more mobility, which is always useful for thralls, especially a "special" one.

For the TG go with the Strength.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
I also vote for strength. Mainly just because its uber cool to have a S6 guy to accompany your 3 other S5 guys! Block may be more reliable, but S6 is so much cooler. :cool:

The leader Thrall on my OCC Vamp team rolled a double. Do i ignore it and go for wrestle (as was originally the plan) or do i take dodge or thick skull? I don't like Guard as it puts him in tackle zones with no defensive skills and i want to keep him on the pitch so i can use leader.

I've had the exact same decision on a MM side and took dodge. Helps with player protection and with one of thralls biggest weaknesses - manouverability

Jasper

Star Player
Country Flag
+ST on a TG is rude. Makes for much more effective marking, is nasty with Break Tackle, and makes for considerably easier 3d blocks.

The 3d block bit is key I think, as Khemri is all about area control and carefully covering the field with your ST. When you're spread like this committing 2 assists can be prohibitively expensive, but getting an assist off the back of your column is easily manageable.

The threat of Break Tackling straight into a cage or through a seam in a screen can really help you box in opponents too.

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
doesn't a STR 5 BT dodge into a cage on a 3+ already? It's a leap with strength 5 on the blitz. Block would help that much more than making it a 2+ would... especially if you burn a RR on an unlucky 1 and then :bothdown:.

i'm pretty firmly in the block camp myself. but STR 6 IS more fun!

Phunbaba

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Phunbaba
Country Flag
Troll Slayer rolls 12. Go!

I'm leaning towards Dodge because the guys he'll be facing most wont likely have tackle and he has dauntless as pseudo strength.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Troll Slayers don't dodge - they go straight through!! :p

Str 4 all the way! It means being able to blitz Str 3 targets with no assists, which is gold for a Frenzy player, especially when the second frenzy block leads you into potential trouble. Dauntless is still useful against Str 5+ targets! ;)

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
Got nothin' to add to that. STRENGTH 4!!! TAKE IT! ARE YOU CRAZY!!!

I like the strength boost. Nuffle will punish you if you don't take it....

Tyriok

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I agree with the str, definitely worth having, plus dauntless does not work when people block you, str 4 will keep him on his feet more!

Jasper

Star Player
Country Flag
Definitely +ST. Good all around and makes it harder for opponents to blitz you off when you knock someone down, then stand over them prone while aiming them towards the sideline.

Good synergy with Dauntless too, as it makes it more reliable against ST 5 targets -- where you need it most.

Last edited:

Mordachai

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mordachai
Country Flag
You ARE aware of the fact that any dwarf coach that ignores a ST up is immediately entered in all clans Book of Grudges, right?!?

Tyriok

Super Star Player
Country Flag
My Human blitzer just rolled normal for level four, he already has +agi and +ma. I have some ideas on how to develop him but all opinions are welcome.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.