1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Elf skill ups

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Boffa, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    My Dubbl team Darkstars Depraved just got 4 lvl ups..

4 blitzers (2 with normal rolls)
    1 runner dodge
    5 lineman (2 with normal rolls)

3ff 2 rr 1 apo 120k treas

I was thinking 3 dodges and 1 kick lineman.... any other suggestions? Also probably going to buy the 3rd rr and run with a loner lino for a bit longer.

2. Freezing Star

Freezing Star Member

Country Flag:
    Yes to all the skills suggested. I would consider getting your first Witch Elf with the cash though, if you're planning on getting any at all that is. Reason being that you're picking up three re-roll skills and the sooner a WE gets in the team and starts accumulating points the better. All that said, I've only played Dark Elves once and that time I was randomly generating skills to prove a point about how terribad the AI was so my opinion might be utter garbage!

3. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Bit weary of having a with elf with only 2 rerolls. I don't like having 2 rerolls without a witch to worry about..

4. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah I wouldn't recommend getting the Witch unless you have at least 3 re-rolls. She's a turnover machine and very target-able. At the start 2 re-rolls can be very unforgiving and the third re-roll isn't AV7. frenzy doesn't get it into tough positions and it can never die. I personally like 4 before I introduce her because by then the blitzers are developed enough to protect her well.

Your plan is exactly the way I built my Dark Elf team. One thing I might recommend is giving one of those linemen Wrestle first, just to act as a safety and give you better odds of taking down a block player when you absolutely need him to be on the ground. Depends on your prospective opponents but against Dwarfs and Norse the hitting power you get from your blitzers is somewhat negated and the Wrestle guy becomes very valuable indeed. If I was in a massively dodge heavy league I'd be tempted to get Tackle on one blitzer but otherwise there's nothing better than blodge on a normal roll for them.

5. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Would go for 3 dodges and a kick as well. There is a case for tackle on a blitzer if you face amazons or something soon.

Would get the 3rd RR as well, 2 is not enough really.

6. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    yeah i've already played 2 of the dodgy teams so don't really need tackle desperately yet (i think have to dbl check teams..) dodge or wrestle on the non kick lino both are good... did consider it just thought dodge more useful with 4 blockers already.. probably give next one wrestle if not this one.. :)

7. Barninho

Country Flag:
    Like I say, it depends on the next opponent, but a really useful tool against block-heavy teams. I don't feel comfortable without one Wrestle player at least.

8. Anglakhel

Anglakhel Member

Country Flag:
    I tend to wait on the Witches.

3+ RRs first.

I also like to have a Blodge-Side Step Blitzer ready to support each Witch before I add them to the roster.

9. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I got a witch after my second game, an assassin after the third game, and got the third reroll only after my fifth game, and it worked out for me.

Can't guarantee it will always work out so nicely, though.
    (Part of why I made money so fast was that there was also a walkover win there with double winnings as game 2½, so technically I got the assassin after the fourth game and third reroll after the sixth game)
    (Also, due to a MNG, I only had a skill-less witch for two games with two rerolls, after which I had both a skill and a third reroll)

Still, who dares wins, and she does open up really nice options. Depends a bit upon how skilled your opposition is, what TV they have, and if you are loosing players..

edit: And I still have no Blodge-Sidestep blitzers, but have added my second witch now. (First one is a wrackle-Sidestep one now)

10. Anglakhel

Anglakhel Member

Country Flag:
    Some Coaches like the roster with a starting Witch.

It really depends on personal preference and your opponents. A Rookie Witch vs newer teams with little Block and Tackle is a great asset with her Dodge, Jump Up, and Frenzy.

Vs a team with reliable Block and Tackle it's just begging to waste money.

I prefer caution before I start developing my Witches. I'm quite reckless with them once their on the pitch, calling on them to make the big and dangerous plays. So, I try to compensate by being as ready to support them as possible.

11. Barninho

Country Flag:
    It's true the gamble can pay off, but if it doesn't it really hurts. My CC Dark Elves tried out the Witch + 3 Blitzers roster and I got away with it. She had Block + MB by game 2 if I remember right and she's still not dead. The starting Frenzy definitely opens up some nice options, but so does the Runner, and you get an extra positional with that roster. The other side of the coin - there's a team in the current cup who just bought a witch before the third re-roll. The next game they lose that witch and a blitzer.

12. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hmm.. and Ang is also pretty well known for loosing players..

Perhaps it is "if you expect to loose players, get rerolls first, else do whatever you think is funnier" ;)

13. makinde

makinde Member

Country Flag:
    Third reroll. The Witch is by far my favorite player in BB, and gives the team an extra dimension - but the third re-roll will allow you to make those big, game-winning plays that takes Dark Elves from being a solid team to being one of the best.

Dodge on the Blitzers (unless you are facing teams with tackle or need tackle yourself); Wrestle + Kick on the Linemen would be my choice. Dodge is a default choice, but being able to take down opponents with Wrestle is very useful for knocking holes that your Blitzers (and later the Witches) can exploit.

14. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Ok for the rest of the season I play orcs with a few goblins twice, skaven twice and khemri (blodging positionals), goblins and lizards once. So I think I'll take 1 tackle 1 dodge on the blitzers and wrestle and kick on the linos. (Assume there will be a bit o tackle going around for same reason as I took it)

Sound about right?

Also, I'm getting the reroll first. 3 rerolls is my comfort spot.

15. Barninho

Country Flag:
    Sounds good to me. The tackle blitzer should have a field day with those matchups.

16. makinde

makinde Member

Country Flag:
    Would certainly have been my choice as well.

17. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Until you put it like that I hadn't realised just how much Dodge there is in this league!

18. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah lucky I worked it out before I didn't take tackle. Moraiwe has 2 key developed ball carriers that blodge, you got 4 (i think) goblins and i may have the least dodge in the division with the only elves...!!