Skip Tasteless looking for feedback!

How should Skip Tasteless proceed with 3d / 2d screenshots?

• I like both 3d and 2d

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I only use 3d

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I can't read 3d, I only use 2d.

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mardaed

Star Player
Country Flag
Hey BB Fanatics!

I wanted to get some feedback from all of you. Please check out Challenge #1. Blood Bowl Challenge #001 | Blood Bowl Tactics
What did you think of the Cyanide 3D graphics and the 2D graphics?

Option 1: I love both screenshots and don't mind delaying the release of any new challenges because of the workload needed to create both.

Option 2: Don't work on 2d graphics. I only play Cyanide, I only need to see the 3D graphics, and I want you to pump out as many challenges as possible!

Option 3: I only play FUMBBL and can't stand the Cyanide Blood Bowl game. I will only look at the challenges if you provide 2D graphics!

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
Well, I don't play fumbbl but I prefer the 2D. Maybe I should get my board out and copy the moves from the Cyanide game at home!

mardaed

Star Player
Country Flag
Hey all, thanks for the responses. I'll keep checking in to see what direction we're going to head. What the people want, the people get!

If you haven't seen the other 6 challenges yet, they start getting pretty hairy. I'll post them in the next few days.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I like the view of both, and voted accordingly, though the 2d view helps me work out the problem, the 3d view relates it to the game I would actually play.

Maybe that's telling me I need to change my camera angle in game to play better. :D

All in all, I'm not the best at figuring out these challenges, they really stump me a lot of the time, but it is making me stop and think in a different way, which for someone that's spent so long struggling because I play too fast and too instinctively, can only help me, so I thank you.

mardaed

Star Player
Country Flag
I like the view of both, and voted accordingly, though the 2d view helps me work out the problem, the 3d view relates it to the game I would actually play.

Maybe that's telling me I need to change my camera angle in game to play better. :D

All in all, I'm not the best at figuring out these challenges, they really stump me a lot of the time, but it is making me stop and think in a different way, which for someone that's spent so long struggling because I play too fast and too instinctively, can only help me, so I thank you.

I think you've just got to change how your instincts act... learn to observe visual cues. A good example is when your opponent leaves a player marked on the second column, one space away from the sidelines. This should send sirens blazing in your head that he can be pushed to the sideline, then blitzed out.

I just released challenge #3 - very cool and a fan favorite. The game was a stream from an OFL match... as soon as Chaos finished his turn, my instincts kicked in and I could tell Chaos screwed up! I didn't know the solution just yet, and I won't give away what I saw, but because of the visual cue, you can work your way towards the solution you want. This is especially helpful since you only have 4 min per turn! Good luck with challenge #3, and if you can get it without peeking, you can very much feel proud of yourself. :)

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
I really like there being both. Counting squares can be a bit tricky on the 3d view. Understanding the position of the players I find tricky with the FUMBL interface (i.e. are they on their feet etc).

mardaed

Star Player
Country Flag
I really like there being both. Counting squares can be a bit tricky on the 3d view. Understanding the position of the players I find tricky with the FUMBL interface (i.e. are they on their feet etc).

If they're upside down, they're prone.... thank goodness i haven't seen stuns.. or they haven't been factors. I think for stuns we'll use a white X over player.

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
i prefer the 2d....i checked the "2d only" box because while i can read 3d just fine, i have a much harder time checking up and back at the player list and the screenshot on the 3d.

The challenges are great for me to read and figure out, and i understand that they're taken from actual teams and such, but every now and again i'll look at one that has a stat-increased player that heavily impacts the play, or a particularly vital skill on one player and its hard relating the player stats to the player number to the proper player on the screenshot, especially in the "snapshot" of the game that we see with these challenges (one turn and one goal, as opposed to the whole game). Even so, i love the idea of the challenges, and they're starting to help me improve my game.