1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slann / Kislev Circus Slann - Hints and Tips Needed!

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Smiler6310, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Smiler6310

Smiler6310 Member

Country Flag:
    Afternoon all,

Awhile back I picked up the brilliant looking Slann team from Gazpez Arts combined with the GW BB Kroxigor. Heavy work and family commitments have meant I havn't given the hobby much time recently. However, now things are starting to calm down again I'm looking for some help.

I've played about 15 games with Slann but as mentioned not for some time. I'm starting a new team the "Slann Diego Chargers". The starting roster looks like this:

1 x Kroxigor
    2 x Blitzers
    2 x Catchers
    6 x Linefrogs
    2 x Rerolls
    20,000 GPS in the bank.

Normally I'd like to start with more rerolls but I've gone adventurous (read stupid!) for this team. Anybody who has any tips or hints for Slann please send them this way!

Cheers in advance
    Chris

2. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
  3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    My advice would be "Look before you Leap"... :eek:

4. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Start 1 Krox, 1 blitzer, 3 catchers, 6 linefrogs, 3 RR.. then buy another RR, then another blitzer.. focus your blitzers on block/guard, your catchers on dodge first ( and blodge the ones you prefer for ball carriers ).. wrestle/strip ball on the first linefrog.. one kick linefrog.. pass block if you are facing alot of elves on a catcher is great.. 5 RR is your ultimate goal, with 3 blitzers, and 3 catchers IMO, though 4 catchers is also good to have

5. Smiler6310

Smiler6310 Member

Country Flag:
    Hey,

Thank you to those who took the time to reply. Played the first game last night against a full strength Khemri team (4 Mummies, 2 BR, 2 TR and 4 Sk). Defended well in the first half and stole the ball to run in a defensive TD.

Second half tried to much too soon and ended up backpedelling, getting more and more desperate but ultimately ended up unable to stop the Khemri running in the tieing score.

Managed to purchase an Apo after the game but had no skillups.

So lessons learnt;

1. 2 RR is more challenging than it needs to be - not completely unplayable but harder than it needs to be (A somewhat obvious lesson learnt! :D).
    2. Blitzers are awesome but I'm not sure I see the need for 4.
    3. Leap once per turn and no more if can be avoided.

In future I will start with the same lineup kindly suggested by hungrygnome.

My plan for future players is as follows;

1 Killer Blitzer - Block, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle
    1 Frenzy Blitzer - Block, Frenzy, Jugganought, Stand Firm
    2 Ball Handler Catchers - Block, Dodge, Sure hands, Side Step (Guard on doubles)
    Linefrogs - A mixture of Wrestle, Strip Ball/Tackle or Wrestle, Tackle/Strip Ball (Guard on doubles)

I'm unsure about the Krox; normally I'd go for Guard, Stand Firm, Break Tackle but I'm considering Piling On as a first skill. The chance to cause casualties and gain a numbers advantage is obvious but I was wondering if I could potentially gain more turnovers as players may dodge away to avoid him and then his Prehensile Tail comes into play.

6. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Guard /SF/BT is a good plan... usually you can rotate your cage, and by having SF. you lead with him as a cage corner at the front, then when you move the cage forward, rotate the back players to the front, using the krox as a pivot point, and now hes the back outside corner ( assuming you have the space) dont be afraid to side switch against slower or lower AGI teams. A quick engage, then run to the opposite side can get you the room needed to get free witout leaping. Diagonal leaps can usually clear you of needing to make a dodge after. Hail mary pass on a linefrog on a double, and pass on double for a catcher are also great options