1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Elf Small bashy league starting roster

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Hopelesst, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Hopelesst

Hopelesst New Member

Country Flag:
    I'm starting up a small league with a few friends, and they are gonna make life hard for my Dark Elves, The Blackroot Blights.

The field consists of: Dwarves, Orcs, more Orcs and my Dark Elves. Undead and Norse teams may soon join.

Starting teams get 1.1 million and 2 normal skills on separate players.

My current roster is
    4x Blitzer
    5x Lineman
    1x Runner w/Dodge
    1x Witch Elf w/Block
    3x Rerolls
    10k banked

I decided to give the two low armor positionals skills that increase their survivability. I feel like I'm bound to see a lot of player turnover in this field, but I can also maximize on Dodge players against a largely inexperienced coaches not taking much tackle.

Am I going the right direction here?

2. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Looks pretty good, there are not a lot of other options assuming you want all 4 blitzers and a witch, which I would. Skill wise without Str access dodge or block are the obvious choices.

Only alternative I could come up with would be dropping a RR to allow another witch instead of the runner. Could take wrestle on her. You don't say whether this is rez format or not, but if not that leaves 30K towards an apo after game 1.

3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Not sure I would take dodge first skill with all those orcs and dwarfs, or that I would bother with the witch and runner, i might just look to maximize AV 8, get 12 players and wrestle to put slow players on the ground. Very different direction than what you were thinking and not as fun, but I do think it would be effective.

Borke likes this.
  4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I wouldn't take dodge on the runner. Assuming you are going to carry the ball with him he is going to get SPP quickly anyway an will take less hits than everyone else.
    I would spend the 10K to upgrade a blitzer to a witch and give one witch block and the other wrestle.
    Alternatively just give a blitzer dodge or kick on a lineelf.

The dwarves and orcs will be taking guard ( or maybe block on a Bob ) so the dwarf blockers are the only players who have a good chance of taking down the witches and you should be able to avoid them.