1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small World

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Werebat, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    This board game is available on iPad and such now, and as usual the computer version plays much more smoothly than the tabletop one (much less setup and breakdown time).

It's fun. Not much more to say for it than that. Every time I get Underworld Goblins or Underworld Ratmen I think of Wyrmwood.

I play pass and play with my kids a lot, and apparently there is a way to play online, but damned if I can figure that out. I just got bifocals, or whatever they're calling them these days.

2. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Ticket to Ride is another good one. I've got both for my android.

I'm guessing you're Iphone/pad version of small world doesn't have a great big honking space in the middle right that says, "Online Arena," like mine does. Maybe because mine is actually listed as Small World 2? Hope you find it eventually.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Both are nice. :)

4. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    Smallworld is very fun, and rather fast, but best of all, the pieces are great for replacing heaps of expensive miniatures when playing tabletop Blood Bowl! They're fantasy themed and cover many of the same races, they can be turned face down to mark prone players, and they come with tons of tokens that you can use for anything else you need to make a note of. Plus they fit perfectly on a square grid battlemat.

If you're like me and the modelling itself isn't a big part of the fun for you, you'll save tons of time and money this way, and as a bonus you'll get another good board game to play with your BB buddies!