1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

solo

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by abert69, Feb 23, 2010.

1. abert69

abert69 New Member

Has anybody come up with a mechanism to play blood bowl as a solo boardgame?This could be useful for practising tactics and techniques before using them against a live opponent,or simply because there is no live opponent available.

2. jamesprobert

jamesprobert Member

The cyanide video game contains an (admittedly appauling) AI that just about lets you play one player.

Otherwise there are a couple of places on the net that use java clients to enable people to play accross the internet (fumbbl.com and stuntyleeg.com), so there's basically always someone looking for a game (atleast, there is on fumbbl, don't know if the playerbase is large enough for that to be true of stuntyleeg).

Fumbbl has the benefit of a larger player base and (AFAICT) a better community, but is LRB4.

Stuntyleeg uses a new LRB5/6 client called botocs, but I can't find any help files to get you started anywhere on the site, whereas Fumbbl has an easy to follow walkthrough to get you started

3. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Well there is nothing stopping you just playing both teams, though as james mentioned there are free ways to play online.

Stuntyleeg is better than fumbbl, the userbase is growning and it uses up to date rules rather than old ones. Fumbbl is larger but the community isn't better from my experience. Using out of date rules is the big issue though.

So check out Da Leeg there are instructions on the forum iirc and if you get stuck someone in the chat room will help you out.

4. jamesprobert

jamesprobert Member

What, forums you can't access without creating a login?
    No thanks, i like to know what I'm signing up for ;)
    (I'll probably make an account there today, but I've been put off by the interface, it feels horribly clunky atm, (almost as bad as cyanide (no only joking, nothing gets near that for a bad user interface):p).

5. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I've been moaning about things like that and how non newbie friendly it is (I also dislike the forum there).

It is pretty easy to use though, blatant info has been held back cause of the cease and desist stuff that was going around. Traffic has been picking up though.

Perhaps someone can host a page with instructions elsewhere we could link too.