1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone´s in the kitchen...

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Blasscend, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Jim: And it´s a bunch of halflings accompanied by Treemen! Welcome, welcome, welcome ladies aaaaaaand gentlemen! Today we are looking at a sensation of this upcoming Crunch cup! This team has won the hearts of the fans by only losing 3 times in their warmup games and winning just as many times!

Bob: You sure? It´s halflings. They just can´t have won that often!

Jim: I´m sure! We´ve even got their coach as our guest! Hello...uhm..you call yourself Blassc_end? We´ll go with B if you´re okay with that.

B: Hello.

Jim: So, why do you coach those halflings? You have coached a lot of elven teams in the past, but this must be your all time low.

B: It´s not.

Jim (whispering): Come on, give me something to work with.

B: Nope.

Jim (sighing): Okay. Then, tell me what your plans with the team are.

B: I´ll try to make them win. Duh.

Bob: Hey, do I get to say something too?

Jim: No!

Bob: I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING!*smashing the table*

B: I´ll just leave then. *muttering* Clowns. And those guys look down on halflings.

Team roster: [​IMG]

Plans: Cutting the catch fling and the multiblock tree, I really shouldn´t have picked it. Also getting an apo. Apo´s the priority, not sure if I should do it all at once, though the tree makes sense so the new one can get more spp.

And now, more fluff!

Dear Diary,
    I can´t even begin telling you how much has changed in the last few weeks. It all began 3 weeks ago I think, all I know for sure is that I had some lishus stew that day! This guy, he calls himself Blassc_end, was travelling through the Moot and stumbled upon our village. He told us to gather and we did.
    He said he wanted to prove halflings can play Blood Bowl too! Insane, that´s what he is. But he then promised to give us the finest chefs money can buy and the assistance of Treemen...I just couldn´t refuse. And neither could a lot of us. Whole families have applied! The downside was that we had to take on nicknames. Whatever. Who cares about something like a name?
    I was one of those lucky enough to be in it from the first game. And I remember it.

We lost one of our friends this game. We almost won the game, but those darned rats...their thrower and one of the linerats made a near impossible play in the end to win! Wretched beasts. They won 2-1.

The second game was even worse! We might have won it, but we lost 2 brave companions! At least we took just as many elven lives. 2-1 for us!

The third one..nobody died, but the emberassment of that is enough. It was elves again. They played their finest game while we couldn´t do anything! It was like some deity decided to hold us bacK! 4-0 to them. Damn it.

Number four...oh yes! I´ll keep it short, the opposing coach left early and that added another 2 touchdown to the 1 we made. 3-1 for us!

Game five: At that time, we already had the fans on our side. Especially I did! I´ve become the team´s leader! We lost 3-1 though. Nevermind, doesn´t count, it was rats again.

And the last warm up game, that what coach Blassc called them, was against humans. It sure was a close one, but we managed to win it!

After that game, he told us we were registered for the Crunch Cup. Some fainted, some pissed themselves out of fear, but I was looking forward to it! And I still am.

Dear diary,

WE´RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS!
    Your Cookie Cutter.

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Very nice diarrhea, look forward to seeing how long he last:D

3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Good luck Blassc, if you can maintain that win percentage you will be my hero forever.

4. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    I will try! My goal is getting at least 35-40% win percentage in this CC. Still not easy, but I´ll put my trust in nuffle (and Cookie Cutter) and hope for the best.

5. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Very nice blog, loving the style and the pic on the front.

But

Why an apoth? It's half a chef and who are you going to save? If its a fling, they're cheap...if its a tree, gives you a chance to get three cas and get block :)

Seriously though do you need that extra 50tv...nearly 2 flings

6. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Thanks, I hoped you'd like it :D

I thought the apo thing through for a looooong time. It's true, that adds more tv to the team.

BUT, and that's a big but: If it's a tree, that could very well save a game. I'm not sure if it will work though.

My other idea for that was saving it for the times I actually face claw galore. Would you say that'd be better? Probably could've asked you earlier.

7. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    I'd say that you have to play your teams your way, I noticed with my vamps in the OCC that there are a few of us that play very differently.

I like my flings to be as trim tv wise as possible and essentially choose my inducements based on who I'm playing... The bigger the margin the more options I have... I like to have a large bank as well. For cutting and rebuying.... If I saw I was playing a lot of claw in my next game I'd buy an apoth, maybe even induce a second or even third....but I'd look to cutting it for the next match as well.

I started with a 600tv roster and 400 in the bank, I'm currently up to 770 with 650 in the bank...Im very picky over my skill ups, turning down mv on flings and probably str too and will start sacking if a player gets too big for the team, I feel that a 30k fling is a bargain, agility 3 and stunty.... A 50k fling is marginal... I can cope with 1 or 2 but you'll not see me with more than 5 regularly skilled flings....and 3 agility skills gets a fling fired.....same with the trees, by having a bank roll I can fire a tree and buy a new one....nothing really useful (exceptional) after two rerolls and the tree is getting fired...... I'll probably end up with a permanent apoth when I've an exceptional player I want to keep....like a MV 3, break tackle tree that rolls block :)

But, you've got to run your team how you want to.... So far you're looking tight....and you've beat woodies :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    An arborist is generally always useful on a fling team - used on any injury on a tree (especially BH, maybe even KO if it is in the second half). But yea, some run really lean teams.

9. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    I´m really gonna try to keep the tv as low as I can, hence why I´ll "fire" the catch fling. Worst skill pick. Thought it´d work out but nooooooo! Got fluff to explain why he´ll be still there ;) Thought that one through beforehand!

I´m not a fan at all of the completely stripped down rosters-no less than 3 rr for me, and even though I´m willing to sack flings for inducements, though I don´t want to get any lower than 14 players with the stars. 3 flings are easily put out of the game and the replacement bodies are way too important the way I play them for me to leave them out. But I won´t take bloat either. Except Cookie Cutter. He´s been important! Also, he´s the central person. If I REALLY have to, fluff will explain.

10. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    Cookie is an awesome fling....he's a blodger :)

Catch has its place.... He is an ideal TTM candidate because the gets a reroll when receiving the hand off :)

11. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    True, catch was taken because of that. But I really doubt that it´s worth it in the long run. Someone give me a agi 4 fling asap!

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Catch is also useful to help MVP flings to skill up if you for some reason have feel you want to try that. (Kick was too deep for OTT or whatever)

13. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

So this is what the division looks like right now.

MD1 will be against dubbs and his orcs:

[​IMG]

1 tackle, 4 guard, not too bad. TV difference without changes to my roster is 460 atm, so I guess deeproot, chef and babe.

Should I change something or would you agree that it´s best to keep it like that for the moment?

14. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    Deeproot, chef and pick up 2 more flings for a deeper bench :)

15. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Roster is so full that he couldn't even get a second star player after Deeproot. But a cheerleader might be nice to max out on the TV diff.

16. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Well...

It went a bit off my plan. Report´s coming now. Don´t want to leave you waiting ;)
    [​IMG]
    My d6: 0.65
    dubbs: 34.55
    Granted, I rolled almost 9 times as many d6.
    2d6: mine were 1.61, his -0.62. I took more of my players out than he did.
    Block dice: 79% success for me, 44% for him. I made 2 more blocks than he did but that shows quite some luck in my favour. Sadly, not on the d6. Those would´ve mattered the most.

And now for the fluff:

Dear Diary,
    today we played against ugly orcs in our first game in this so called "Crunch Cup". We got enough money to hire Deeproot in this game! Everybody was excited, and for a reason. He did most of the work...
    We recieved first, but we had to get the ball in the Endzone quickly or never. A Tree picked me up and threw me...I closed my eyes. It took me 10 seconds to realise I landed on my feet! I ran the damn thing in as soon as I could. At that point 1 of us was already hurt.
    Then the orcs went to receive...I don´t know how long it took but it was ugly. Coach sent me to the bench because I´m the fan favourite and he didn´t want me to get hurt. The trees tried to hit the ballcarrier by throwing many of us but no one made it and most got hurt. The orcs scored and the second half started with the orcs receiving again. It was a looong loong time but they inevitably scored again. We tried for another touchdown by throwing me but the guy who picked up the ball slipped before handing it over. Fricking idiot. I hate him.

Final score: 2-1. Coach wasn´t angry with ALL of us..just some. He´s a lunatic really. He punched down both treemen and the guy who slipped on turn 16...he´s probably never going to be the same. After coach B was done with him he had a weird limp and he falls unconcious whenever he blinks...

I need to get out of here at some point. And we need to win!
    Your Cookie Cutter.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  17. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    If halflings score, they win.... Therefore, I declare this your first halflings win.

18. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    I lost to halflings at least once, and I would've put up a banner for this too.

motion carried and passed!

19. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    My halflilng logic says: A draw is a win. A 2-1 is almost a draw (this one at least) As a draw is a win this is almost a win therefor being a draw in fling terms. Still, I was pretty sure I'dd get to draw for reals most of the game. It ending in snake eyes which I had a few of this game wasn't satisfying really. A least my setup for defense worked pretty well! At least I'd say so.

All that fling logic aside, this puts the team on 3-0-4 with the cta games. Not hapoy. I'm not satisfied with that. Nuffle is a pimp and I'm his bitch as it seems.

Next game is grimreefers darkies who I have faced before in cta with another fling team. 2 times. He's picked up even more nice skill ups after those 2 so I'll have to be careful. After that..more darkies. HG. Never seen him play darkies. And then there's crimsom on md4, whose Str 6 abomination of a TG has to be killed before I face him. I need my trees to be standing to win after all..

20. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    Knock the str6 TG over them foul until decay kicks in :)