1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes old school just means old

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 18Rabbit, Jul 7, 2011.

1. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    Old as in I just got my first pair of reading glasses today. I'm kind of an odd ball, especially since I am both American and an Italian soccer fan. I'm edging up on 45 years old and have been a table top gamer since sometime around 1982 when I first played the original D&D boxed set and a moderately rabid computer gamer since well... since they've had PC's in homes (I had a C64 and then an Amiga 500). So yeah, I'm old and weird.

I remember seeing BB tourneys in Houston growing up but I was both poor and hopelessly in love with MechWarrior at the time and could only afford one addiction. Games Workshop stuff always looked amazingly cool but I could never really afford to invest in it as a student. Now that there's virtual versions (and I'm a grown up), I can get in and enjoy it.

Coach's excellent starting rosters and guides have been amazingly helpful so I decided (after picking up legendary edition on a Steam sale for like $5) to join the forums here. Oh, also the general public tends to annoy me but it seemed like a good bunch of folks here.

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Hi Rabbit,

Thanks for signing up, I think you will find the BB crowd tends to be a bit more mature so you should fit in well!

3. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I’ve just ordered in my walking stick! :p

Welcome on board and good luck for CCV. We also have an open league called Crunch Them All, so be sure to submit a team to that and get some practice in with other bbtactics peeps too.
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/crunch-them-all-open-cyanide-league-t618/

4. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Welcome aboard. Get involved and play some matches, its the only way to get better.

And there was me thinking I was old at 31... BB has been around for so long that there seems to be an hardcore older fan base. You should get to a tournament, there is nothing like it.

5. Cianybeasty

Cianybeasty Member

Country Flag:
    This post makes me feel young and inadequate, i ahven't finsihed my A-Levels yet :/

6. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    No worries. Everyone who allows himself to care about elves and orcs playing twisted football is in fact young in spirit and mind. :D