1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry Guys hav to forfeit all future matches

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Blacksierra, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Blacksierra

Blacksierra Member

Country Flag:
    hi guys,

sorry my Win PC had to take one for the Team and is no more available, therefor I have to forfeit all future matches!

I know its a little dickish to quit during a tournament - but well after being reliable for several years I play my "Be a Dick" card and quit - really sorry You guys have to suffer under me being an egoist!

Hope everybody has fun ... and sorry once more ...

Yours Blacksierra

2. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    As per PM - many thanks for taking part, I'm sure we all understand life comes before Blood Bowl, and not having a computer is kind of a hard challenge to work around.

All the best for the future.

3. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry to read you have to leave us Blacksierra, I really enjoyed our game.

All the best,

Barristan

4. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Sad to see you go, but it's definitely not a dick move considering your PC/OS is at fault. Have a good one and welcome back later :)

Cheers,
    Barm

5. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    PC gone... not going to buy another one ?! :confused:

6. Blacksierra

Blacksierra Member

Country Flag:
    to be honest I traded my PC to my wife for my Kid so I have leverage when we was discussing getting a WiiU ... which in the end I got - PC still lives just as a Linux PC for the kid on the first floor ... so its a little bit egoistic by me ... and btw I am also allowed to play Video Games upstairs so I clean out the Basement and sell some of my "classic" PC Games like FF8 so if any german viewers care: Final Fantasy VIII (PC) | eBay

so I am out ... thanks and cu !!

7. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Hehe, I won't even start pretending to understand your priorities here, but to each his own.

Have a good one and hope you get much joy out of that WiiU ;)

8. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    Someone bought a WiiU?

That's news to me.

It has got to be the most disappointing new console launch I can ever remember, aside from handhelds.

9. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    It seems big in Germany though, like David Hasselhoff. It's unexplainable but those Germans love it :D

10. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Tell me about it, here in Norway we've been exporting this to them for quite some time. They can keep her. ;)

11. Blacksierra

Blacksierra Member

Country Flag:
    :) well its perfect for me having a kid, enjoying to play HD and the pad is really nice ...
    @Barmutation ... actually You can have her back :)

12. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    Let us know how it goes.

I was an early adopter of the Wii, and was bitterly disappointed at the lack of vision employed over its lifespan.

When they brought out Resident Evil 4 for it, I bought it and it felt so SO SO RIGHT. I already owned a copy, but it was one of the few games where the designers really used the abilities of the Wii to perfection to improve an already almost flawless game.

At that point I was sat there screaming THIS! THIS is what can be done! But then designers decided just to fill the console with shovelware and be done with it.

The only other game I felt really worked very well was SSX blur, where carving with the Nunchuck just again, felt so right.

13. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I dunno, the Wii had plenty of great games if you ask me.

Nothing like on the scale of the Xbox 360 or a PS3, but still more than enough to make the relatively modest investment worthwhile. The problem is that a lot of the system's best titles didn't get much by way of publicity, let alone a marketing budget, and often sank without trace as a result.

Yes, they did so because they were islands in a sea of shovelware, but that doesn't diminish their quality and I think it's a shame that the console is written off in the minds of many as a result of that.

See, off the top of my head there was also Okami, House of the Dead: Overkill and Pikmin. All used the Wii's controls to improve upon perfection. I could easily list another 30 games I've either owned or borrowed which were also great.

I don't need there to be an amazing new game coming out every week. I don't have time to play a game every week (and I certainly don't have the cash!). If the WiiU has a half dozen games every year worth picking up, I'll be interested. Might hang about to see if those games are on the way, mind you..

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  14. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I have the Wii for my sons and they love it - I do think its the only reason to have a Wii - to play with the kids or let them play on their own while I do house stuff:powdodge:

15. Panda with issues

Panda with issues Member

Country Flag:
    Thought pikmin was massively overrated, and a lightgun game was never going to be that exciting. Okami was supposed to be very good though, but passed me by.

16. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Until I see a 'Katamari' game on the Wii I will be sadly disappointed with it.

My daughter loves it however.

17. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    WTF!!!!! Poor Krauts! No one deserves this!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVtm8zD8TBY]Norway 1992 - Wenche Myhre - Du skal få din dag i morgen - YouTube[/ame]

18. Rburton

Rburton Member

Country Flag:
    I disagree.... They deserve every bloody thing they get!!