1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry guys...

Discussion in 'World Cup' started by James Rye, Jul 18, 2018.

1. James Rye

James Rye Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Sorry guys, I lost my first game to Feufollet. Lizards were better than me and honestly when it counted they had the luck to not roll the 1s whereas for me I did so. And so I lost 2-0 no matter how hard I tried. Could have even lost 3-0 but on that one gfi he failed to get into the td zone.

@tys123 Hope you are either better aka less nervous than me in your game or that Nuffle gives you all the luck he didn't bother giving me this match. Good luck, man!

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I am expecting the same to happen to me. My Zons got smashed by Darkies twice in qualifying and I didn't get close to winning so I am expecting similar against High elves. And if I do make it through it looks like darkies next.

3. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Lizards always a tough match up, congrats on qualifying, commiserations on going out.

James Rye likes this.
  4. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    I gonna sacrifice a chicken dinner in prayers for your success, mate!!!

5. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Great result just to qualify @James Rye and nuffle can decide any one off game of BB the format they’ve chosen makes it a bit of a lottery.

Jimmy F said they should just skip the games and roll a D64 :D

Coach Xerwox and James Rye like this.
  6. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Just go straight to penalty kicks. It seems to be the norm for many games in many WCs. ;)

@James Rye don't underestimate your achievement. Getting in that 64 list was not minor feat.

toastguy7 likes this.
  7. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Plus I see you got as far as Ducke! That ain’t bad!

8. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, poor Ducke was really unlucky with his dice when they counted. Learned a lot from rewatching the match, could have done some things differently then I might have won but as they said afterwards you are always smarter than before.^^

Orielensis likes this.
  9. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    And even the mighty @notorious noob felt the wrath of nuffle!

10. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Far from a flawless game but yea could have done with nuffle being a bit more fair.

11. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, if some of my gfis or at least half of my dodges had worked it might had been a different game for me too. But in the end my problem was where I put my guys. At a few key moments if I had gone one or two squares to the right or left, that could have really made the difference.

12. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Well I made it into the next round. The High elves just formed columns and blitzed 1 player each turn on D so I was able to get through them and score in each half.
    Won 2-1.

However the next round is against AndyDavo and his darkies. He is a great coach and I lost to darkies twice in qualifying so I am not hopeful.

James Rye and TravelScrabble like this.
  13. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    If I can win against Andy's Darkies so can you, @tys123 , just make sure you force him to roll a lot of dice when dodging, it helped me a lot. If you let him move freely then he can do whatever he wants.

14. Coach Xerwox

Coach Xerwox Active Member

Country Flag:
    Big Journey to the top, James!

Don't be too bummed out about it, it's a great achievement to get that far and in the end you can't win over bad dice.

15. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    @tys123 Great game, man! I so wished that 5+ throw had succeed in turn 16. Shame about the Heat! Your team came far, you did a great job getting into Top16. Maybe we get another chance in two years with the next WC. Hopefully with some better Tier rules.^^

16. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Yes I was lucky to beat AndyDavo to get in the last 16 and with a bit more luck in this one I could have won.

James Rye and Orielensis like this.
  17. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    In my opinion you had deserved the win because you played better. Just my humble opinion ofc. :p
    But Humies are OP in this WC setting, it was a bad match up and they got a lot of cas and even the luck to not lose a single player due heat despite having to do more rolls than you. :/