1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam threads going rampant

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Thain Esh Kelch, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch Member

Country Flag:
    I am not sure if this has been discussed previously, but would it be possible to do something about the spam? Currently it seems several spam threads is opened daily, and in my RSS feed for the forums, about 90% of all entries is just spam at the moment.

It seems to have started a couple of weeks ago.

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Thanks for letting me know it's got worse, didn't hear back from the developer whose spam plugin I previously couldn't get isntalled. I'll try and get a response and see what other options I can sort out.

3. Coach

Country Flag:
    Right, couple of changes made, let's see how that affects things. Let me know if you're still seeing a lot and I'll take further action.

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Coach

5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Has some change been made to the verification thing. I haven't noticed anything but got the following PM via the OCC forum today from Remthar.

Hey TYS, sorry about the slow reply, been having a hell of a time trying to access BBTactics. The Verification thing isn't working well for me, by the time the message show up (in the spam folder)15mins has gone by!

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The verification was briefly turned on, then immediately off again.

If it is still active for him, he should be able to turn it off in his preferences ("Disable" under "Two-Step Verification")

7. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    The only problem with that, is you need to get to log in using the verification to be able to disable it. Which seems to be Remthar's problem, as he can't log in to begin with.

I noticed a few times before I found out how to disable it that the emails for it do come through very slowly.

8. Coach

Country Flag:
    He could have just emailed me and I'll check his account =)

I'll do it now.

EDIT: now disabled, I'll email him to let him know.

9. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, mine showed up the spam folder as well, but then I could use them. So I assumed it did work, but slowly. Anyway, hopefully his problems are fixed now. :)