1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stadium upgrade / enhancement advises and clarifications

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Nabolo/Orstang, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Nabolo/Orstang

Nabolo/Orstang Member

Steam Username:
    Ortsang D Blut
    Country Flag:
    Hi mates !

I've been surfiiiiing the wild wild web for about 3O minutes now and can't get any recent/precise answer regarding stadium enhancement.

I assume "upgrade" stands for the size of the stadium and "enhancement" the special stuff you can add in the extra room (my bad if it's the other way around).

So what i understand so far is that :

1- you need to pay to upgrade your stadium from lvl 1 to 2 and it costs 100k

2- it costs 200K from 2 to 3 and 400K from 3 to 4 which is the max lvl

3- for each lvl you can buy an enhancement ??????? So 4 in total

4- their price (enhancement) is 100K and remains the same a each lvl ?????

5- only the first one enhancement will have effect, the others will be pure decoration ??????

6- there is an enhancement that allows you to buy inducement for -50k, but if I buy a Bbabe for 10k, does my opponent receives 10k or 50K for inducement ?

7- I read that there is an enhancement that multiplies your winnings by two (but the description mentions fan factors etc which im not familiar with): is it simply your dice result x2 at the end of the game or is there something in addition ?

Thanks for your help ! Some more specific / tactical question :

Im now playing a dwarf team and I was wondering : is it best to take as first enhancement the extra bribe (that I can benefit from each time I play at home) or the -50k which allows me to buy an extra bribe even when Im playing away ? In perspective of playing a deathroller, you guessed right...

- how is it decided if I play home or away ? 50% dice roll ?

- would it be a valid strategy to start with the enhancement that multiply the winnings by 2 to get some more enhancement and upgrade faster ? In which case I'd end up having 3 enhancement:
    1- winnings x2
    2- bribe
    3- -50 inducement

Thanks for your help ! Hope this thread helps others too !!

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Is this BB2 or TT? If the former you are right about the pricing of enhancements but as far as I know there is no enhancement that doubles your winning and the -50k enhancement only applies to Star players that you induce for either teams and only at home. No enhancements ever apply for away games. If TT I don't know the new rules.

3. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    @TravelScrabble is correct - For the BB2 client, which is what this thread is posted under, the following information is more accurate:

You are right about the pricing. The first Stadium upgrade costs 100k and allows you to add a Stadium Enhancement, which cost an additional 100k to add. However, you can only ever have ONE Enhancement and adding the other two Stadium upgrade levels (costing 200k and then 400k respectively) are just for fluff purposes, and has no real value. These additional levels have absolutely zero game-play effects.

The list of possible enhancements to choose from are as follows:
    • 1 free Wizard for each team.
    • 1 free Bribe for each team.
    • When you fail a GFI, add +1 to your armour roll.
    • When you fail a GFI, add -1 to your armour roll.
    • Fan Factor earned OR lost from the match is doubled. This does not equal double winnings - Only Fan Factor is affected.
    • Cancel out the kick-off events: Get the Ref + Throw a stone.
    • Cancel out the kick-off events: Riot + Pitch Invasion.
    • Cancel out the kick-off events: Changing Weather. Weather always starts at nice.
    • Any player surfed from the pitch and into the crowd adds +1 to Injury rolls.
    • All Star Players hired has a 50k reduced cost. This does not affect the cost of any other inducements than just Star Players.
    These enhancement bonuses are only added to games played in your home arena, and affects BOTH teams. That means your opponent will get the same 'reward' that you do. Furthermore, any Stadium upgrades or adding the enhancement doesn't add to your team's TV. You can change your Enhancement for an additional 100k but this will remove the old one - You can never have more than one at a time. Finally, in case it was not clear, the enhancement which gives both teams a Free Wizard means you cannot induce Wizards on your home games anymore because you can never have two of those.

If your team will be the Home or the Away team is at this current point of time completely randomized. If you are playing in a league, rather than a ladder, you can at least see which coach will be the Home team ahead of time by looking at the league schedule - The name listed first, on the left side, is the Home team.

Finally, your choice of Sponsor is just fluff - It has not impact on the game-play at all, and will only change a couple of visual signs and such around your Stadium in the game client.

Hopefully this answers most of your questions, @Nabolo/Orstang - Good luck with your future matches!

Ilgoth likes this.
  4. Nabolo/Orstang

Nabolo/Orstang Member

Steam Username:
    Ortsang D Blut
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for your answers guys and a big bravo to Sataric: you just write the most complète answer of the web on the subject !!! :)

(I don’t know what TT is ?)

5. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Table top, so the real life version rather than a video game version.

6. Nabolo/Orstang

Nabolo/Orstang Member

Steam Username:
    Ortsang D Blut
    Country Flag:
    Thank you !
    And since we're still going: any advice regarding the stadium enhancement for dwarves ? ^^

7. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    If you run deathroller in your team, free bribe enchancement is solid choice.

8. Nabolo/Orstang

Nabolo/Orstang Member

Steam Username:
    Ortsang D Blut
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Ilgoth !
    Although Im not sure when to use it:
    1- If I kick:
    ...and put the DR in play, most of the time the opposing team will score at the beginning of the half so I use the bribe but the DR just stay for a half in total...

2- If I receive:
    ...and I score in my last turn during first half, I have to use the bribe for the very last turn of the half and then the DR is sent off before second half...

So my question is: when to use the bribe and put the DR in play ?

So far I was considering putting him in play
    when I defend in first half: after the opponent has scored their 1st TD
    when I kick in first half: in second half only (unless I score early or get a TD against)

Is that the right way to do it ? Thx a lot !

9. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    The solution is don't start with a deathroller, and make sure you have a bench when you get one (Eg buying him will take you to atleast 12 players)

That way you can simply not field him when you want to save a bribe.

10. Nabolo/Orstang

Nabolo/Orstang Member

Steam Username:
    Ortsang D Blut
    Country Flag:
  11. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    You can also use him to defend/attack in the first half, use the bribe to keep him in the game after the drive, then bench him for the next kick off if there's not many turns left in the half, and field him at the start of the second.

12. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    If you don't fancy the Deathroller I've seen Dwarf Coaches take Nuffles alter for cheap stars. Which could help when down TV against Clawpomb.

13. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Yeah take Nuffles altar enhancement and (assuming Cyanide have priced the same as Fumble have stars listed at...https://fumbbl.com/help:Full+list) you can get Barik Farblast for 10K, Boomer for another 10K, and Flint Churnblade for £80K. Which is insane.

14. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Well you can only get 2 of them and dwarves generally have a high TV so a lot of the time your opponent will also be saving 100K on star players while you have to spend cash to get the benefit.
    I would take the free bribe and get a deathroller.
    An extra drive with a deathroller is better than having to leave 2 guard linemen on the bench so you can field Barik and Boomer.

15. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Both Boomer and Barik are secret weapons, so I would field them 1 at a time and use them as 10K highly disposable fouling pieces. I take your point about the bribe keeping the roller on the pitch though.

16. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Why would you take an enhancement that gives you disposable 10k fouling pieces (10k which you need to actually have to take advantage of it if you are the higher TV), when you can just take the free bribe that makes each of your players a disposable fouling piece (to an extent), and which, if not used, can allow you to keep your Deathroller around for longer?

I have analyzed Nuffle's Altar from an Underworld point of view extensively, and for that team, I think it's better than the bribe. But the key point in that analysis is that the available star players for Underworld offer unique tactical options that are otherwise not available to them (ST7 ball & chain, ST4 player, MA9+AG4 player), and I expect them to be the TV underdog for most of their career.

17. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Good logic there, equally it should be a no brainer that Nuffles's altar is better than the bribe stadium upgrade for Goblins, why would you give a free bribe to both teams (worth 50k to you and 100k to the other team) when you could get 50k cheaper star players, which in effect gives you that star player and a bribe per star player you could have afforded without Nuffle's Altar.

18. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Yeah fair enough, you have obviously put a lot more thought into it than me, as I will never be playing dwarfs. They do both have other uses than just fouls of course, Boomer has bombardier, and Barik HMP (very situational of course), and 20 TV for 2 players seems pretty good value to me, can also use them as LOS fodder for example against killer claw teams. I would also expect dwarfs to be quite TV efficient with a decent bank balance too.

It was not actually me that suggested the Nuffles Altar btw, I just pointed out how cheap some of the dwarf star players can be.

19. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to be so confrontational towards you :)

I've seen a few stadium enhancement discussions now, on various race sub-forums at the OCC for example. One argument that I find very convincing is: When considering any enhancement, don't ask how much it benefits you, ask how much more it benefits you than your opponent. Of course there are many different races that could be your opponents, so refine the question further: How much more will the stadium enhancement benefit me when compared to how much it benefits the opponents that I actually care about?

For this reason, the free wizard is a very dangerous enhancement for any bash, slow, or hybrid team, because it's giving a potentially game-winning tool to your Elf/Skaven opponents. And I feel that Nuffle's Altar might be on a similar danger level, at least if you are regularly giving away inducements. Some of the star players are pretty powerful.

The bribe, on the other hand, is arguably not as dangerous in the hands of the opponent (due to your AV9 as Dwarfs), as it is in yours. Perhaps there are exceptions, like extremely fouling specialized teams or Goblins, who might benefit more from the bribe than you do. But are those really matchups that you are afraid of, where you particularly need that extra edge?