1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slann / Kislev Circus Starting Lineup Question

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by hungrygnome, Apr 1, 2013.

1. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    So here is the setup:

Our next league will be starting in about 2 months, and the teams I know of so far are Orc, Skaven, Underworld. There are still 4-6 coaches undecided. The first 5 games we play, no injuries carry over, and win/loss really dont matter, as no league points are tallied for them. Its pretty much a development phase of 5 games for SPP and cash.

Which lineup seems better:

1 Kroxigor
    1 Blitzer
    3 Catcher
    6 Linefrogs

3 rerolls
    ------------------------------

2 Blitzer
    4 Catcher
    5 Linefrogs

3 reroll

Im leaning towards the Krox build, just because 3 catchers is enough to start with for scoring, and feeding them 2 TD in a game isnt hard. It also gives the Krox plenty of time to build casualties for skills. Also of note, my goal is only 3 blitzers, with a 4th coming very late, if at all. With just block, they arent as overpriced as I thought. 7 3 3 8 Block is 90k on most teams. so for a blitzer with one skill (block) its 130k. which is any other blitzer with 2 skills. 20k more for Diving tackle, leap, very long legs, jump up is a bargin if you think about it. They develop quicker, and the mobility provided by jump up and A access makes them worth it for me, along with forcing turnovers with DT.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. sann0638

sann0638 Member

Cyanide Username:
    sann0638
    Country Flag:
    I would start with as many rerolls as you can - it's the only way to reroll leap. No need for blitzers or the krox to start.

3. Tad30s

Tad30s Member

Country Flag:
    Take the Krox, as that's extra games for him to develop. Having a skill on him once the actual league starts overshadows everything you can do with an extra catcher.

4. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    the krox, and the blitzer are because, so far, we have 2 teams that are going to be dodging. one of which is a 3+ dodge with the goblins. So diving tackle, along with prehensile, can force turnovers, which results in better chances for me to gain SPP, either through scoring or easier assists to me bashing. and 5 free games to get block or a skill on the blitz and krox is the best time to do it I think.

The first 5 games, the only effect winning vs losing has is cash and FF. So remember this when making considerations. Yes, the general consensus is screw those blitzers. But when playing a dodgy league, having 3 players with Diving tackle to cover holes, and once the Krox gets Break tackle, I throw a Krox and DT on you, you arent walking away from them... Slann has alot of POTENTIAL, but like chaos, they start SLOW.

And Im not likely to be leaping with linefrogs.. the only leaps regularly going to be made are catchers, and the occasional blitzer to hit a ball carrier.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Note that if you ever want to dodge with a linefrog, you can just as well leap - same target number. (And leaping, like stunty, ignores TZ. And you can get two squares)

So fill in the empty squares and crowdsurf everyone ;)

6. Mr Drake

Mr Drake Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mr. Drake
    Country Flag:
    I thought that Leap was an unmodified AG (meaning AG4 = 3+ Leap), whereas Dodge you got +1 (meaning AG4 = 2+ Dodge)?

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Commonly true, but we are talking about Slann here. All Slann have "Very Long Legs" which gives a +1 to Leap, meaning AG 4 = 2+ Dodge or Leap (and for the Blitzers/Linefrogs, 3+ for either)

8. sann0638

sann0638 Member

Cyanide Username:
    sann0638
    Country Flag:
    If you're modifying your game plan to take goblins into account, you're doing something wrong! Even if you're only leaping with catchers, that's still a lot of 2+ rolls.

9. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    im not modifying my play style because of goblins, its because of the number of dodgy teams i forsee that I want a blitzer. DT from game 1 VS dodgy teams, including stunty dodging, means chance for forced turnovers