Norse Starting roster for a league of bashy noobs

Hopelesst

Rookie
Country Flag
I've roped a few friends into BB with me, and I'm struggling with the starting lineup for my Norse team, The Nordstorm.

The league has each coach running two teams. Were all new to the game, and this lets us practice with the greatest variety of matchups and play styles.

... but out turns out I'm the least bashy player with Dark Elves and Norse. I'm facing Dwarves/Orcs and Chaos/Undead.

This leaves me stuck on whether to take 4 rerolls or the Yhetee in my starting Norse Roster.

4 Rerolls will help me limit turn overs in a low agility fields, which should increase my chances of scoring. But the Claw and ST 5 of the Yhetee would let me remove Dwarves and Chaos Warriors and Black Orcs from the pitch.

I'm leaning towards the Yhetee. What do you think?

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
In my opinion four rerolls is too many for most teams. With all that block you won't need to use rerolls very often on blocking with Norse, so that leaves them for ball handling. I'm not a Norse expert, so I can't point you to the best starting lineup, but I'd take a long look at the 3 RR lineups suggested on this website.

http://bbtactics.com/tv1000-norse-starting-roster/

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Definitely Yhetee. As a Norse Player you need one reroll for a double skulls per half, and one for a pickup, the rest will just be bloat. (If they wouldn't be bloat, either look into your dice and turn management skills, or get a thrower and give him leader ;))

Plus Yhetee shines the most against AV9 players (meaning almost all orcs as well as what you mentioned). Actual removal will be a bonus, but scaring the opposition into working at taking him down while you gangfoul their other players is always nice..

Hopelesst

Rookie
Country Flag
Good. I feel more confident in my instincts now.
My first purchase, barring injuries, should be adding a Runner for the expanded range they provide. Then I'd alternate Bezerkers and the second runner. I'm a bit wary of getting that much Frenzy on the team before developing the defensive side a bit first.

Hopelesst

Rookie
Country Flag
Or, what if I ran this:
1 Yhetee
2 Ulfwereners
1 Runner
7 Linemen
3 RR
20k saved.

Here I drop the Apothecary for a runner. Dauntless and Block on MA7 should let me capitalize if my opponents pay too much attention to the Yhetee. I'll almost certainly get the Apoth after the first game.

My time with Delves makes me feel like MV 7 is managable w/o the backup of the apoth for that first game, though it does slow the purchase of my other positionals.

Last edited:

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
That does sound nice. Of course if you do it you'll have a yhetee or ulfwerener die in the first match and now you'll be trying to save up to replace them and get an apoth :)

At least that's how things work for me!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Or, what if I ran this:
1 Yhetee
2 Ulfwereners
1 Runner
7 Linemen
3 RR
20k saved.

Here I drop the Apothecary for a runner. Dauntless and Block on MA7 should let me capitalize if my opponents pay too much attention to the Yhetee. I'll almost certainly get the Apoth after the first game.

My time with Delves makes me feel like MV 7 is managable w/o the backup of the apoth for that first game, though it does slow the purchase of my other positionals.

No no no, you want to get MB and PO/Tackle on your Zerkers as soon as possible.

5 Linemen
1 Runner
2 Berserkers
2 Werewolves / Ulfwereners
1 Yehetee
2 Rerolls

I'd possibly change the Runner into a thrower, then drop a reroll and add the apothecary (plan being to get a leader reroll). Runners skill up fast anyway because when you get them they're likely to do most of your scoring, and before you get them you want to add MB on a 'zerk or DP on a couple of linos anyway..

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
You definitely want the Zerkers and Ulfs. Only need 2 rerolls starting with Norse due to nearly all the team having block. I recently started a Norse team in Big Crunch 2, this was my line up;

2 Zerkers
2 Ulfs
2 Runners
5 Linemen
2 Rerolls
Apothecary

Looking at Nikolai's line up above that is probably better, however I did want the apothecary to start in case bad things happened to my expensive positionals. I also like the dauntless/block and Move 7 you get on the runners. I bought the Yhetee after 4 games. Lots of options with Norse and there is no right way, it's all opinion and dice! They are fun to play, just remember that they are very fragile, so you really need to try and minimise the hits you take. I'd certainly take DP on the 1st lineman to level unless they get a double in which case Guard. Sure Hands then Dodge on the runner. Good Luck:).

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I agree with Nik. You want those Zerkers from the start and 2 rerolls is fine as you really only need it for the wolves.