1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Elf Starting roster

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by VoidSeer, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Khail

Khail New Member

Country Flag:
    I'd agree on the Assassin if he didn't take a doubles roll to get multiblock.

I'm leaving Assassins out of my target roster entirely (4 Blitzers, 2 Witches, 2 Runners, 6 Line Elves). Reasons being that they're a slow, light armor piece that is only really good against AV7 teams. They're hard to skill, and it takes doubles to get the skillset you want them to have.

I'm leaning towards reliable consistent play. Assassins don't fit there. They just end up being bloat against AV8-9 teams, and DEs are expensive enough already.

2. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

Yes, I know that they are only effective with any sense of regularity against AV7 or less, but like stockpiling WMD's if you never have them you can never use them.

And even Orcs sometimes field a goblin....

3. MadBanker

MadBanker New Member

One (small) advantage of the assassin is that the opponent will often overestimate his threat and go out of his way to lay the smack on him or to avoid him, and this can be used to get a tactical advantage.

4. sunnyside

sunnyside Member

I don't know that I've seen an assassin in actual play, and I don't really see why you'd use one.

Yes, I'll agree, great against Humans, Gobbos, Halfling, Norse, Amazon and such.

But, seriously now, when was the last time you heard someone going on about how any of those teams were overpowered and ruining the game the way they do about some other teams?

Do Dark Evles quake with fear when Pro Elves take to the field?

In short what I'm saying is that against the teams that can really maul a DE team, stab just seems like a good way to wind up adjacent to an unharmed and now angry player with mighty blow.

I suppose there are wood elves to hunt.

5. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

ok, so the chances aren't as good, but you will be after the ball with your blitzers and witch elves and the assassin is just a side show who can attack with no fear of a turnover.....

6. CoachCarling

CoachCarling New Member

Ok, so i started a new DE team in our tabletop league and went with the 4 Blitzers, 6 Line Elves and 1 runner team that you guys suggested (thanks by the way).

Now, my question is about the development of the team. From the couple of posts here, it seems that nobody is really in favour of the double Dump Off and Nerves of Steel combo. Is this because it has been proven to be unsuccessfull? Apart from the fact that it puts another AV7 player on the pitch, the idea seems fairly sound to me. On the other hand, this team is my first foray into the world of Agility teams...

My first two purchases were an Apo and a second runner. I'm now saving up for a 3rd re-roll and then a Witch. Any further suggestions?

My skill selection so far: Dodge on 1 Blitzer, Leap on Second Blitzer, NOS on Runner and Kick on a line Elf. I'm thinking of Wrestle on second Lineman and then obviously I'm open to suggestions!

7. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    My thoughts are obviously on the main site, though I am yet to do Runners, though I would take Dodge on him next.

8. Khail

Khail New Member

Country Flag:
    I wouldn't say I'm not in favor of it - I just put other things as my priority. I will likely buy my 2nd runner as my very last purchase for the team (aside from replacing casualties). Elves control the ball well enough without NOS/Dump Off, so I concentrate on having a solid presence on the field first.

My purchase schedule was Apoth, Witch, Reroll, Witch. Just got my 2nd Witch after my 8th game, and I'll probably pick up a 2nd Runner next. My first runner went for Leader as his opening skill, though he's just 1 TD away from NOS.

9. VoidSeer

VoidSeer Member

Same advice here. All elven teams are good enough on offense.

I alway pick the early skills to help defense. Depending on what teams you'll play you need tackle or dauntless ASAP on your blitzers. You will face blodge catchers/ball carrier and ST4 or big guys.
    Also, make sure you score with your lineelves. You need a couple of guards on them to help your witch elves.

For purchases, I would not have taken the 2nd runner. I always play with one on the pitch. Get that 3rd reroll, this will help your lineelves development. Then the 2nd witch elf. From that point on, I'd save at least 70k to make sure your able to replace any casualities (I don't play with assassins). Then a 4th reroll.

10. Starks

Starks New Member

Country Flag:
    The funky rooster VS orks

Well i joined a private league where teams will be matched up by the scores they get rather than by TV

It kind of a short term league favoring rooster diversity starting at 1000TV

For this league and because apart from dwarves and orcs teams all teams have a majority of AV8 players and often even for those AV7 players. I chose the following rooster

2 Blitzers
    1 Witch
    1 assassin
    2RR
    Rest is linemen

Of course nuffle favored me with a first game against orks so my beatiful plan is turning to a nightmare

Moreover, orks at low TV is my worst personnal matchup. And not on the defensive side but more on the offensive side as they have the movement to compensate eventual side change moves, the strength to make any penetration on his side very hasardous

How do you proceed to beat that with a TV1000 rooster?