1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stoked on return to BB

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CurtisChip, Jun 1, 2018.

1. CurtisChip

CurtisChip New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi People, tabletop coach here. I saw a few games of bloodbowl in the mid nineties, then tried to play a few games a couple of years later but never really picked it up. Then about 6 months ago I got myself the new edition of the board game and have been hooked ever since! Love it!
    I have three teams painted up, Humans, Skaven and Underworld Denizens.

Just played the first game using Underworld last night, they were awesome! Against an Amazon team (TV 1090)
    My troll only did the doofus act once, and left a consistent trail of downed opponents, earning 2SPP. I did struggle in the first half with the goblins, they just didn't seem to do anything. First half was tough, I just couldn't seem to keep hold of the ball, Amazons scored out of nowhere on turn 8... making me think uh oh... I need to get moving now!

Then I realised goblins are all about the dodging, a bit like those pesky Amazons, managed to pull off some seriously impressive plays and scored three times in the second half. I took no casualties, and only took one knockout. While I caused 2 casualties and 4 knockouts. A 3-1 win for the underworld and a thrower ended up with an improvement for which I chose nerves of steel. (Was tempted with a mutation or leader but nerves of steel seemed like a good idea at the time) I think future improvements will be mutations for sure, otherwise whats the point right?

Anyway thanks for reading.

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Welcome to the site ans glad you're having so much fun, especially with underworld. Have fun exploring those mutations - a 2 heads big hand goblins is a terror who can grab the ball from anywhere and a horns 2 heads wrestle goblin (with a double) can attack any cage.

3. CurtisChip

CurtisChip New Member

Country Flag:
    thanks for the tip!
    We had another game yesterday, Underworld vs Orcs. I did not expect the outcome at all....
    The Orcs did a great job of smashing the ball out of my hands every time I had it, but, the goblins came through with their dodgey ways, stealing a 2-0 victory for the Underworld and thanks to the combined efforts of the storm vermin and Jimi "I coulda been'' Hendrix The troll, only 4 Orcs left on the pitch at the end of the game! Now I have 2 goblins with 2 heads, a Stormvermin with Claw, and a nice peppering of SPP across the team. Next game I face the lizardmen, (6 saurus and 5 skinks, never lost a game) yikes.....

4. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Welcome aboard, mate!

Finishing the game with 4 Orcs on the pitch is a really extraordinary achievement. Especially if your team does not have claw all around. Well done, sir!

5. CurtisChip

CurtisChip New Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks!
    To be fair, two of the KO'd Orcs was their own doing, falling and knocking themselves after failing the going for it and tripping up over their armour plates ha! Serves them right... The whole game was epic, amazing plays from both sides every turn, and I particularly enjoyed inducing Krot Shockwhisker, I only used him once, and he brought a goblin back from the dead&injured box on a roll of a 6, and that goblin ended up scoring in that drive! Killer stuff. The Troll only failed really stupid once for the whole game, 2 more SPP and he gets Claw for sure mwahahaha