Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Chapter 1: Curses!

After humiliating himself in front of many, Coach Supa was left almost broke and without glory. As his final deed to his former team, Reborn Dead, he finally released them to eternal rest and burned his team's lair (the catacombs) for good. Maybe someone builds a swimming hall down there one day.

After that he traveled to the Kingdom of Kislev, searching his fortune there, as he still aspired for great things in Big Crunch 2. And he had to travel far, as he found an odd tribe in some godforsaken mountains called Rönkkömäki. To many their language seems odd, yet Supa learned to understand them quickly. Or at least he thinks he does. What was important was that they were Blood Bowl maniacs and they actually agreed to play for Supa, in exchange for taking their best boys. Boy, those bunch of losers will be disappointed after they see Supa in action... or will they? Whatever the case, after hiring the players, Supa used the last of his funds to install some assistant coach and youth development at Rönkkömäki, as emergency players would be needed for sure.

The team was called "Rönkkömäen Jalakapalloilijat" by the locals. Supa chuckled and changed it to Sucky Bloat. He heard a villager shout something similiar after falling down on his drunk butt and figured that it's better to leave it as the team name. Certainly a mystery for the big show, he wondered.

Before leaving, Supa read the village elder's note of the players he took with him, as he coached the youngsters, being a like-minded Blood Bowl maniac with Supa.

Sucky Bloat (formerly Rönkkömäen Jalakapalloillijat) player report:

Nalle (the bear): He's tame, so do not expect any temper tantrums from him. In fact he's quite a soft-minded one. Likes to sing folk songs with us... well, basically spends plenty of hours a day doing that. While he's not very agile, he is very strong and he likes to... hug and kiss everyone he meets. And he won't stop, unless ordered otherwise! I understand the game is very violent, so you might want to heavily consider using him on the playing field...

Catchers

Per Se:
Per Se, also possibly nicknamed "Assman" in your tongue... let's just say he likes to watch the action behind. Erm... I mean behind a wall of his own players, or behind the enemy's lines. You should know how catchers work, use him properly! Just watch your own behind...

Cher Pele: Sure his voice is high-pitched and he does like to swear a lot, which is bound to bring attention. Just remember that the youngster isn't built to take that much of a beating, but he certainly is one of the better acrobats who's played with us. Natural player to play for the catcher role.

Bär Hana: He's Cher Pele's cousin and they do look alike... well, if you do not count the hair, Bär Hana has gone completely bald! Still, his bald spot should signal your other players where to bring the ball, especially if the sun is shining. While it may seem like a blessing, your opponents are also likely to mold that pretty head of his down to dirt.

Linemen

Sushi Uno:
He does have Eastern roots within him, but that doesn't make him any worse person. Just remember to feed him some seaweed every now and then and he'll stay happy. Even if it means standing next to a troll and bunch of Black Orcs.

Zaje Bearste: Swears like a madman, just like everyone in this team. Does have a special place for bears in his heart though, as is implied by his last name. And he does strive to fight like one... admittedly, a bear, leaping straight into the action.

Zup Japanner: Cousin to Sushi Uno. Drinks alcohol like water... well, they all do, but this one has special issues with it. Remember to keep the mug away from him as many times as possible. The worst thing you want is a player that cannot perform the difficult flips and what not in game, falling head first into the ground.

Un Bearable: Do not listen to the gibberish this man says. You'll only hurt yourself that way. Instead, let him taunt his opponents on the playing field. Nothing is more annoying than insulting somebody mid-air... unless Un falls down and get the boot on his back.

Ciboire Bearnac: Northern man, another bear lover, wants to act like one. Hence the reason he's grown so much hair, and I do not mean his face only. Except him to play like one, trying to boss others around. Probably gets cheapshotted right into the nuts though if he isn't careful.

Estie Cálice: Yes, the one with well grown moustache. Tries to act like a Bretonnian knight, all so humble... ha, do not worry! When he's on the playing field, he turns dirty. Just like the game should be played. You should have a good lad here.

Bears Reik:
You'd think he is related with Per Se, but he isn't. But they have been the best friends since forever... I have my other suspicions though of their relationship. All things considered just like any other Lineman in the team, he's a very serviceable player for pretty much any role.

That should be everything. If you need reinforcements, let me know as soon as you can. And may Nuffle bless your team.

-Ilikka

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
So yes, I am changing to Kislev for Season 17 in Big Crunch 2. If you can figure the team's and players puns (you'd have to be quite a linguist, or just a finn), congratulations. I hope you're offended. Anyways, Kislev are a relatively new race for me and I'm surprised I'm going to play with such a painful race. But right now it might be the change I need, as their playbook is quite different!

I do believe they have a high ceiling at higher TV Blood Bowl. The big question mark is that can they make it there? Early game is rough, sensible choice would be to go with Chaos Dwarves or Necro who have it easier early on, but the league's flooding with them right now. Chaos and Nurgle, nuh-uh. Even vampires were in my head, but the hype train has caught others as well, so I'll skip. Kislev it is.

I'm eager to find out what's the optimal development path for these fellas. First things first: Here's the roster I started with:

Tame Bear: 140k
3 Catchers: 240k
7 Linemen: 420k
4 Rerolls: 200k

This uses up every single penny of my budget, but I think it's money well spent. Hopefully apo is there to chainsaw my players after the first game!

I really need to survive the first games, gain some skills on my players who are good (by Kislev standards) early on. As we all surely know, Blitzers are extremely overpriced early on and quite mediocre, but they do come online once they start hitting some skills. So while I could try to fish some touchdowns and MVPs for them, I believe I could just as well use those precious points on catchers and linemen, who can then later on support my blitzer on their SPP gathering... who will then carry my team to glorious victories! This looks like a short term build, as it's probably the most effective low TV Kislev build, but as I said surviving the early games means more secure development later on as well. If my dice are fairly good, this team should be better than humans early on... and humans are solid at low TV.

There's a debate that is the bear worth it or not. I'm fairly sure that the Bear should be a no-brainer. It does feel like a massive improvement to a lineman, as Kislev can get outmuscled quite easily. Overall Kroxigor is one of the better big guys around. So I shall embrace the bloat! My bear Nalle is a true romantic, he loves everyone so much that he can't wait to show his affection to his opponents, or stop to think for a beautiful poem!

Then my catchers: Per Se, Cher Pele and Bär Hana. This trio will be performing my Agility 4 BS with their 2+ leaping. In many ways I like to compare them to poor man's gutter runners... which is fine! They might suffer a lot early on depending how reckless I feel with them. But hopefully at least one of them survives, as they can be quite annoying players to deal with when skilled.

Rest of the roster is rounded with 7 Linemen: Sushi Uno, Zaje Bearste, Zuip Japanner, Un Bearable, Ciboire Bearnac, Estie Cálice and Bears Reik. Basically because I want to have 4 rerolls, but Kislev lineman is great value even with just one skill (be it normal or double). 4 rerolls should help me to score and overall with this team being quite reliant on dice many times, that could very well be the sweet spot this team will stay on.

I'll try to post some match reports here, as those are getting more and more rare here in BBT forums. If I feel creative, some interesting fluff might follow. Tune in tomorrow at 20.15 UTC to watch my team get wrecked by @cjblackburn and his halflings! Yes, I do consider myself to be the underdog at this point. Also would've been great to have some of the chaos teams much earlier, but no can do. I am in truly elite company this season, but this should be manageable. :)

Finally, it was really nice to see others enjoy reading my previous blog. While it was all fun for me and I'm still trying to improve as a writer (especially English), it really inspired me to start this new one. Well, and the fact that I'm much more excited over this team than the Undead. :p

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
6815f04346296ed9329ff5e94ad44c81.png

2d2fbb76cea399e63dee4d126ebcb876.png

Long awaited season opener for Sucky Bloat finally happened. As suspected the halflings bought Zara along chef, which meant that game game probably would be unwinnable for Kislev.

First half started with flings offense, and boy did it go all wrong. Chef stole only one reroll and both treemen wanted to take root. Reroll saved him, but another take root roll failed on turn 2 (rerolled into success) and finally, 3rd fail in a row! This meant that the flings were totally outmatched on strength department. They did cage next to a downed lineman Ciboire Bearnac and gang fouled him, but he took the boot like a bear. After some marking, including a leap, Ciboire stood up and powed the halfing carrier. Ball landed next to two tackle zones, but with a reroll Bär Hana escaped with the ball. With no rerolls left the halflings couldn't put the pressure enough, but did enough to force the score on turn 5. Next kick was deep and the halfings caged, well, very deep. No hope scoring, but they did their best to prevent another counter score, which they succeeded in. Kislev leaped in on turn 8 and sacked the ball. Sadly, the scoring threat Per Se snaked on a crucial GFI, so the first half ended 1-0.

Then many things went wrong on first half. Chef stole two rerolls, but at least the kick-off event raised the number to 3 for Kislev. Halflings got a perfect TTM and managed to sack the Kislev catcher and even picked up the ball. With aggressive marking basically only catchers could blitz the halfling and were forced to take both down. Before this, I really should've activated my bear from bone head... ball bounced into the hands of hands of Per Se, but he was quickly blitzed and ball was tossed into the crowd. It was punted into the middle of the pitch and halflings basically sneak past Nalle, pick up the ball and cage up. Kislev tried their best to force a turnover, but Nuffle had decided that coach Supa was to be reminded of this terrible mistake. They were forced to score in turn 14, which left three turns for Kislev to score. However with only one reroll (which also resulted into a turnover on turn 15) Kislev played it slow and ended the game in a 1-1 draw.

Well played cjblackburn, good learning experience for me. Flings had really rough dice on 1st half while Kislev succeeded on almost everything. Then it changed on 2nd half... rightfully so, I'm still beating myself into the head after forgetting to activate my bear. :p So it was a winnable game after all, could've honestly gone either way. Not too unlikely 2-0 lead after 1st half, perhaps a bit better built Kislev offense on 2nd half would've meant no score for flings... And flings had a decent chance to score 2-1 touchdown on the final turn!

Plenty of SPP and no injuries for me. After next game I'm guaranteed to get an apo. Next up is Necromantic of Havol. They suffered two serious injuries and gained no levelups, so I might have a slight edge if I can force the loners to do something silly.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
Good luck with your Kislev adventure, Supa!

I agree with your analysis that, should they survive to very high TV, Kislev can be quite formidable. So I'd say your very first match was a complete success - noone took a serious injury! It's probably not going to stay that way, so don't get too comfortable ;)

Do enjoy the ride, though - the Kislev play style is probably one of the most unique in BB. And you get to to say "Boing!" quite a lot as a bonus.

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
59b9dce44165d876ba0486438f472aaa.png

8bb39770dd0789d97deb264cb77944d8.png

What a Blood Bowl-ish game! Was a really fun to play, pleasure to play against you @Havol. After Kislev 8 turn stall that led to score, things were looking neat for 2nd half. Despite heavy casualties though regeneration did work twice and my players started to be knocked out more. Still Havol's forces were thinned enough that they couldn't let the Bear touch his carrier, which led to a score on turn 14.

With the game tied and plenty of rerolls for Kislev, winning in 3 turns didn't seem that unlikely. Unfortunately kick was very deep and some blocking led to a turnover! After marking my forces a lone werewolf runs in scoring range. Bear attempts to blitz him (both down would've been reasonable here too), but he rolls doubleskulls!! Reroll is used and thank Nuffle it worked, resulting into a push... then my catcher attempts to leap, but rolls a one. Werewolf is 4+ and 3+ away from scoring... he makes the dodge, but despite using a reroll he fumbles the ball.

As Havol said, 1-1 felt really fair end result. I was especially delighted of my new skills I obtained: Block for the bear, +AG for my catcher and Mighty Blow for my lineman. I might miss guard, but with Block bear and an extra Mighty Blow, this team could be the bullies of Lustria this season...

Havol

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I would have loved to steal the win in that situation, @Supa , but nuffle saw otherwise.

If I may opine, I think you will sorely miss the guard on the lino, even though it would have meant that he would probably stop gaining SPP unless he got a lucky cas or MVP, but it would have made your team that much more formidable.

Block on the bear/krox is also a tossup for me. One can make a great case for block, +ST, or even pro in this situation.

I'm feeling fortunate that I was able to play against your team before these skillups as dealing with those newfound skills will certainly give everyone else headaches!

Thanks for the match and hope your rise with this team continues :D

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
If you plan to run a less bloated version of Kislev, having a MB Lineman (eventually with Block and Tackle) to serve as a pseudo-Blitzer might be worth it. It's certainly worth an experiment, a gamble if you will. Though I do agree with Havol: Guard would have been great, too. Guard on Catchers is even better :)

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
If you plan to run a less bloated version of Kislev, having a MB Lineman (eventually with Block and Tackle) to serve as a pseudo-Blitzer might be worth it. It's certainly worth an experiment, a gamble if you will. Though I do agree with Havol: Guard would have been great, too. Guard on Catchers is even better :)

Well done explaining my thoughts there. :)

There's always the option to be TV-effecient, although it seems unlikely with this team. It still affected on my decision.

However, short term Mighty Blow has to be the better skill. Especially now that I won't have to blitz with my bear, but instead mark with its tail so that I could hopefully have 2 mb hits next turn, or force awkward positioning. Especially now that others are still low on mb, this strategy should support my idea of riding the success (well, success in Kislev terms) to secure better team future.

Ideally this team has only one killer, but I need to have another one in case main killer dies. Rolling doubles again would be bonkers, but even tackling mb is appreciated. Especially since I plan to delay Tackle on my blitzers. They will be better guarders (would love to have Guard on catchers too) when they obtain Dodge.

Also rolling +AG to a would-be-killer blitzer is awkward. They love it but it's a bit of a waste on killing duty. Overall this lineman relieves some pressure on them, allowing me to switch the skill ordering if needed, so this is neat option for late term too.

All that praising still didn't make my decision easy. Possibly my 2nd most difficult skill choice so far. Skipping +ST on the bear was nothing compared to this. :D Worst one so far was deciding Block or Wrestle for AG5 witch (I ended up with Block)... :D

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
890357f314d975e5afa85fe1fea9d28d.png

add5c122b35118377a9a3d3037fda5fd.png

Quite an ugly loss against Underworld team coached by @Reverend Radio. Due to the TV difference Underworld managed to buy a wizard.

First half looked like a promising Kislev start as they got two removals and managed to score on turn 3 (a little mistake on my part forced a third 2+ which ate a reroll). However, next drive was nothing but beautiful... 2 KOs on my LoS already. Troll decided to follow up so my bear got to hit him, following up. I blitzed and tried to gain good position. Unfortunately the bear got KOd on a 1d punch, so that pretty much screwed my whole defensive drive... Underworld team does a hand-off play to a blitzer who runs it in on turn 6, leaving Kislev 2 turns to score. Bear woke up, but the rest of the KOs didn't, so it meant that I pretty much had to ate a lightning bolt with my catcher, with little support. Looking back I guess I could've played it better, although that would've left me very poor odds to score. AG5 catcher gets badly hurt. Underworld team runs plenty of GFI approaching the ball backfield. I manage to blitz my bear free and he runs 1 GFI, also with some other Kislev shenanigans they make it relatively difficult for a counter score... but it wasn't enough. Plenty of dicerolls later (although nothing TOO impossible) those damn ratmen get to score after all. Really embarrassing 1-2 situation on 1st half already, one touchdown scored against me on my offense!

So 2nd half pretty much starts with me 4 men down as those damn KOs just do not wake up and I've managed to get 2 casualties on my team at this point as well. Kick is deep though, which forces Underworld to be cautious. At this time the dice start to somewhat work more on Kislev, I guess Nuffle favors more bold plays. Anyways, Underworld thrower is kept with the ball close to their backfield. Few turns later Kislev actually get to 2d sack him. Scoring is 2+ 2+ 3+ 3+ 2+ 2+ 2+ away... worth a shot, it failed halfway on a 3+ pickup. Blitzer picks up the ball after Underworld have established and eventually runs on a flank. Bear gets in contact next to the cage which breaks it, but blitzer keeps running with one more pal. 2 Kislev linemen get free and they get to 1d sack the ball, stunning the blitzer. Next turn something happens: Underworld rolls double skulls! This allows Kislev to actually attempt a touchdown, but unfortunately for them a catcher fails his second 2+ dodge. Had that succeeded he would've been able to leap next to the ball, at least being closer to the ball. Underworld blitzer 1d blitzes himself free, but fails a dodge. A very unlikely scoring opportunity left on Kislev turn 16, it falls apart quite early. At least they got to surf a blitzer who died. :p

Cheers for the game. I've had worse games for sure, although this one had quite bad moments too. Bear being KOd on a 1d punch, on 2nd half -2d punched into a stun and the AV/injury dice overall were the frustrating. :D. But I could've played some turns better for sure. What really stings me is that without wizard this game would've ended 1-1 most likely. I really hate that inducement and hope that it doesn't exist in BB3 anymore. :(

Good luck to you for the rest of your season Reverend, quite a start you have with your gits! :)

Last edited:

Reverend Radio

Star Player
Steam Username
Reverend Radio
Country Flag
890357f314d975e5afa85fe1fea9d28d.png

add5c122b35118377a9a3d3037fda5fd.png

Quite an ugly loss against Underworld team coached by @Reverend Radio. Due to the TV difference Underworld managed to buy a wizard.

First half looked like a promising Kislev start as they got two removals and managed to score on turn 3 (a little mistake on my part forced a third 2+ which ate a reroll). However, next drive was nothing but beautiful... 2 KOs on my LoS already. Troll decided to follow up so my bear got to hit him, following up. I blitzed and tried to gain good position. Unfortunately the bear got KOd on a 1d punch, so that pretty much screwed my whole defensive drive... Underworld team does a hand-off play to a blitzer who runs it in on turn 6, leaving Kislev 2 turns to score. Bear woke up, but the rest of the KOs didn't, so it meant that I pretty much had to ate a lightning bolt with my catcher, with little support. Looking back I guess I could've played it better, although that would've left me very poor odds to score. AG5 catcher gets badly hurt. Underworld team runs plenty of GFI approaching the ball backfield. I manage to blitz my bear free and he runs 1 GFI, also with some other Kislev shenanigans they make it relatively difficult for a counter score... but it wasn't enough. Plenty of dicerolls later (although nothing TOO impossible) those damn ratmen get to score after all. Really embarrassing 1-2 situation on 1st half already, one touchdown scored against me on my offense!

So 2nd half pretty much starts with me 4 men down as those damn KOs just do not wake up and I've managed to get 2 casualties on my team at this point as well. Kick is deep though, which forces Underworld to be cautious. At this time the dice start to somewhat work more on Kislev, I guess Nuffle favors more bold plays. Anyways, Underworld thrower is kept with the ball close to their backfield. Few turns later Kislev actually get to 2d sack him. Scoring is 2+ 2+ 3+ 3+ 2+ 2+ 2+ away... worth a shot, it failed halfway on a 3+ pickup. Blitzer picks up the ball after Underworld have established and eventually runs on a flank. Bear gets in contact next to the cage which breaks it, but blitzer keeps running with one more pal. 2 Kislev linemen get free and they get to 1d sack the ball, stunning the blitzer. Next turn something happens: Underworld rolls double skulls! This allows Kislev to actually attempt a touchdown, but unfortunately for them a catcher fails his second 2+ dodge. Had that succeeded he would've been able to leap next to the ball, at least being closer to the ball. Underworld blitzer 1d blitzes himself free, but fails a dodge. A very unlikely scoring opportunity left on Kislev turn 16, it falls apart quite early. At least they got to surf a blitzer who died. :p

Cheers for the game. I've had worse games for sure, although this one had quite bad moments too. Bear being KOd on a 1d punch, on 2nd half -2d punched into a stun and the AV/injury dice overall were the frustrating. :D. But I could've played some turns better for sure. What really stings me is that without wizard this game would've ended 1-1 most likely. I really hate that inducement and hope that it doesn't exist in BB3 anymore. :(

Good luck to you for the rest of your season Reverend, quite a start you have with your gits! :)

That ending was a doozy. I went from "Which one of my players should I score with?" to "This is not looking good." In a short amount of time. Thanks for the match!

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
c004ba165c01926723d71b38baf74000.png

80ad4ecca0f39cf8f4deb544545aeddf.png

Two touchdowns is the charm, as this is the first ever victory for Sucky Bloat. Kawira and his chaos induced a reroll, bringing their total number to two.

Chaos elected to receive first, but Kislev managed to organize a perfect defence. Kislev create heavy presence on their left flank, so Chaos decide to push through another flank. Minotaur is quite useless as he just roars three turns in a row doing nothing. Kislev get the first removal on turn 1 and eventually force chaos in a slightly awkward position, although Kislev turnover here would be perilous. Still, some shenanigans, including a 1d block and a leap and the carrier is sacked with a 2d block. Ball bounces next to Bär Hana who picks it up and runs away. Kislev score on turn 4.

Another perfect defence for Kislev, Chaos cannot really make way towards the endzone. On turn 8 Kislev get to attempt a 2d sack on a chaos warrior after some dicerolling, but the result is still a push after a reroll. Nalle hugs a beastman so hard that he squeezed all the life out of him.

Second half starts 11 Kislev against 10 chaos. An interesting start as the kick lands right to a lineman who was in a flanking position. I should've handed off to a catcher on this turn already, but I don't know why I didn't. Anyways, LoS is beaten back, but they quickly base Kislev and cause some problems. Kislev coach thinks he sees an opening, sending Bär Hana to leap into an advantegous position, only to see the loser fall head first down to the ground despite using a reroll... still, thanks to some blocks not being pows the ball is not in danger yet, although now they really have to move. Reroll is used on the first 2d block, but otherwise everything goes as smooth as butter. Ball is finally handed off to a catcher who runs forward with a screen. Chaos get to hold the linemen pretty well, but the catchers run along with the ballcarrier Per Se and form a sidelinecage. A beastman gets next to the carrier, who fails the first leap. Reroll is used and the poor bastard fails his dodge afterwards, which means that catcher Cher Pele gets surfed. Chaos do not get to pick up the ball as they've ran out of rerolls... Bär Hana to the rescue, he dodges, leaps, picks up the ball and dodges again, scoring on turn 14.

Finally Kislev get a blitz from the kickoff event. Ball lands into a pretty neat spot, although a catcher has to leap and run 2 GFI to utilize diving catch there. Final reroll is used on the first GFI and then the catcher fails the second one. Still Kislev get to apply some pressure to the chaos who're playing without rerolls, but unfortunately for Kislev Nuffle has said that enough is enough, next two turns end in rolling a one, while Chaos get to pass the ball forward and score on turn 16.

Thanks for the game, @Kawira! Always delighted to play against new faces. It was never going to be an easy game for low RR-chaos, but I believe only one block for them resulted into a turnover. But nobody from my team got hurt and I got the win, so I am quite happy. Well played and have a blast with your minotaur in the future. :)

Kawira

Veteran
Steam Username
Kawira
Country Flag
Thx for the game bro. My mino got claw so he's becoming serious threat now :)

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
7d57e668f7b1d2868836042648417fd9.png

3d58b29e98a02eb349ccdc8a52c18b17.png

Horribly coached game by me. Dice could've been different, but the game was over after I elected to choose a wrong offensive approach. Should've held the ball back (especially with AG5) and not proceed forward, as that meant that I will get sacked. And so I did. I had a nice shots at the ballcarrier, but dodge is strong. TS scored on turn 6, leaving me 2 turns to score. I chose a wrong path again and failed to score. 2nd half started with my Blitz! but TS solved it and managed to score. Finally I chose to collect some tasty cas SPP instead of protecting the ball and once again my opponent managed to score.

Well played @TravelScrabble great lesson you showed to me with your dvårves. This was the game I needed to really know where I am with this team. :p

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
Wow I'm making an appearance as the villain in two blogs in a row. Hopefully my nurgle can do to the kislev what my orcs did to remthar's elves.

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Wow I'm making an appearance as the villain in two blogs in a row. Hopefully my nurgle can do to the kislev what my orcs did to remthar's elves.

And the villains win again! Booo!

9eb3ccca31e1a2121f2767193f64a692.png

5942007529d04939eac75b77a0c894de.png

Solid 2-1 grind for @sbr32, possibly with some Nuffle's favor too. But I could've played it better for sure. Well played sbr, congratulations for your win. We build our teams slowly but surely... :) My team is still quite healthy, so this could be going much worse!

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
aef05ca458c8bc8d2fae197f0939f445.png

eba33d7d2abfe12dc56e61d49a6565de.png

Building a nice losing streak! This time against the famous @Filadeus, the game was quite similar to Sucky Bloat's last meeting against sbr and his Nurgle. Kislev started on the offense and managed to score a quickie in 4 turns. 1st half defense was really interesting: there was plenty of potential to stop the score. However the bear failed two bone heads in a row despite having pro. 2nd time he failed he was about to blitz too, which left some players based so that cleared some path for the chaos to proceed on a flank. However a beastman fails a dodge with a reroll, this gives Kislev a small gap to exploit as one of the cage corners is empty. Kislev do some rolling and even get to blitz the carrier down, but a beastman catches the ball with a 5+. Curses! They score the following turn. Kislev have a small chance to attempt a oneturner, but quite critical player is rocked down to make the puzzle near impossible, and it fails quite quickly on a difficult blitz action.

2nd half chaos get a cheesy mb blitz on Nalle and he's MNGd. Apo is used which fixes it to badly hurt. Kislev manage to form a screen between the LoS players and the ballcarrier's protectors, some caging and hitting happens next turn. Then Kislev attempt to leap in and sack the carrier, reroll is used on the leap and surprise, I apparently didn't declare a blitz action! I was quite sure I did, but I might've cancelled it somewhere. The game is quite nightmarish to play without the bear and chaos get way too many blocks in, but Kislev do still stay in the game somewhat. They even get a 2d sack again, although the ball lands in the only square where's 4 tackle zones - not even Bär Hana is going there! Chaos grind it then and sit near the endzone on turn 15, Kislev once again get an attempt to sack with one dice, but again I apparently didn't declare the blitz action, even though I made every step carefully. On both failed blitzes I had to spend a reroll, so that might've reset it somehow. Or maybe there's something I screwed up then, but this is the first time I've seen this happen to me.

Kislev set for oneturner again, but they get Riot! A catcher runs at the middle of the pitch, and a small cage is formed. Becoming a trend, my catcher rolls a 1 in a 7th game in a row when I'm trying to score fast. Ball goes out bounds, but at least it doesn't land into a too bad spot. Chaos position players to make leaping and dodging difficult, one beastman even blitzes himself free and runs 2 GFI to pick up the ball with a reroll. Bear downs him with 3 dice (thankfully it had no block), then catcher picks up the ball and throws a long pass. Pass is succesful, however catcher fails to catch it. Ball bounces to lineman, who catches it with a 5+. Phewh. Hand-over action to catcher, which succeeds. 2+, 3+, 2+, 2+ away to score. 2nd 2+ proved to be too much and the game ended in a loss.

Well played Filadeus. Once again a dicey effort as it is with Kislev, but I think I kept up in the game pretty well, just would've required a little bit of more luck to work. As soon as the bear went down the amount of blocks started to raise on my team, but thankfully no permanent damage to me! I did get rewarded with one thing though...

fc7b446d73fc39961b4a426c47d7ee51.png

Sucky Bloat this team is indeed. They're so bad, bloated and I get sick while playing these bunch of losers.

I love this team. When does the next season start? :D

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Str 3 cacther eh. I thin tbh a str catcher is not the best, unlike gutter runners they don't get access to mutation to help them make best use of the strength and they are not usually the primary sacker on the tea, especially not the agi 5 guy. Anyway, see how it works out for you buty I had a str 3 catcher and I didn;t like him that much.

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Str 3 cacther eh. I thin tbh a str catcher is not the best, unlike gutter runners they don't get access to mutation to help them make best use of the strength and they are not usually the primary sacker on the tea, especially not the agi 5 guy. Anyway, see how it works out for you buty I had a str 3 catcher and I didn;t like him that much.

It's a little awkward with +AG. I think if I'd rolled +ST first I would've skipped the +AG probably. Now I'm debating that should he become a sacker or carrier. 2+ leap with ST3 is neat, on the other hand if he'd become a carrier he would be capable of longer stalls, especially against leapers. ;)

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
If he rolled +AG first like you said, my recommendation would have been ignore the +ST and build him as a carrier / ball retriver sort of job (So when you get the ball loose he could be built to leap in with AG5 + sure hands for pickup then dodge out through a tackle zone if needed thanks to AG5)

With both +ST and +AG he seems a bit bloaty but I am sure you will find a use for him.