1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: stats on player pages

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by kvasilad, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kvasilad

kvasilad Member

Country Flag:
    Hi coach,

I really love the pages with discussion on each type of player for all of the races here, and they are my main source of information whenever I try to pick up a new race.

However, I find it somewhat frustrating that those pages never list the actual stats/skills/traits for the player, except when mentioned indirectly in the main article. Sure, I can dig out the rulebook from somewhere and look it up, but it's a bit inconvenient.

Is there any way you could just slap the essentials on top of each player page?

2. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    GW Legal frown upon the publication of such statistics on fan websites to the extent that they would be issued Cease & Desist legal letters threatening action.

Most GW fan sites avoid pubishing specific rules or statistics as written for this reason, otherwise no one would have the incentive to get the official rules.

Admittedly this applies less to BB since the rules are a free pdf download, but to 40k and WFB where the rules cost money, its essential to preserve sales.

3. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    GB summed this up nicely. I've been asked many times to add them before as well.

4. kvasilad

kvasilad Member

Country Flag:
    I see, that explains it, I thought it was an odd exclusion. Thanks for clarifying!