1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symphony is dead

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Hoverdog, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    I didn't write a teamblog of the almighty Quest for the new world, sorry for that! Lizards have some vacation, so now it's turn for the undead musicians to play some bloodbowl.

They've only had two matches before joining CCVII, and now they're in group 2 against teams of value up to 1500! :confused: In the first one they drew with Barninho's dwarves (though only a hand-off away from winning that one) and got an astonishing amount of 8 SPPs total. The second match was much better, pitted against GBait's humies the rotten artists made three casualties (including a death-on-the-spot by Miles Davis himself), won 2-1 and got some levels at last.

currently the team looks like this:

Mummies Miles Davis (#15) with guard and John Coltrane (#16)
    Wights John Cage (#4) with guard and Sun Ra (#5)
    Ghouls Kris Angylus (#1) with block and Gareth Williams (#2)
    Zombies Alice Coltrane, Sonny Sharrock, Andrew Hill, Don Cherry & Albert Ayler - no SPPs yet (#9-#13)
    Skeleton Iannis Xenakis (#8)
    1090 TV.

First match in CCVII is against Viajero's high elves of TV 1270 (10 players, so 1340 with a loner) with a blodge SS +AG blitzer :confused:
    I'll get at least 250k in cash - I can buy third ghoul before the match, that'd lower it to 180. What should I invest in?

2. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Just posting here to give you some love for including John Cage :D

As for player hiring and inducements, I'd say buy the Ghoul and perhaps a bribe and a babe. Or, if you're really mean, you could hire a merc zombie with DP to try to reinforce your number advantage. Can't remember the pricing exactly, but if that costs 90k, you could always get another merc zombie with Tackle or Wrestle and try to stay close to you ball carrier.

3. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Not the best seeding for You there. I certainly understand how You feel. ;)

I think You should definitely buy the third Ghoul. The more You have, the higher the chance You'll actually finish a match with one of them still on the pitch. :D

Also, get a wizard, as You'll need all the help You can against a more developed High Elf team. You can also consider a Ghoul with Tackle, depending on how much Dodge You face.

4. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    I don't really know about the wizard, as odds are that he will be outscored even with magical intervention. I don't really see Viajero going for a stall/grind in this matchup unless you can force him, which I think will be pretty hard to do. Wrestle or Tackle on a merc would serve you better, IMO.

5. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Ok, I think u should not spend any money. Also I think u should pass on inducements, that would just mean one more thing to take care of. As a CC finalist u should not have any trouble against pantsy elves. Unbiased opinion totally.

6. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Smurf smurfed some magic and now rather than getting hundreds of inducements I'm in a group with rookie teams :pow:
    however, first match is still about thrashing elves about. just less experienced ones.

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
  8. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Barninho used to have an Undead team in CTA called The De-composers. I cunningly ruined his theme by having one of my players die against him...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  9. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
  10. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    so... update!

second match of the group against Alouatta, standard norse fare: broken armor, broken bones, broken teeth. Alout got close to scoring in the second in a heroplay (4+4+3+2+2+). however, he made a mistake soon after, and rather than trying to dodge out again (4+3+ to score with a RR), he made a whole lot of 1D blocks and then tried to pass the ball, which obviously failed. Alice Coltrane made a cas and rolled kick.

last match played a few hours ago, against Smurf's vamps. First two blocks on the LoS - zombie KOed, zombie BH. His ballcarrier then snake-eyed, but after a bit of a rumble managed to score on the 7th turn. Every hypnogaze was successful. Nothing really worked for me so far.
    The second half was completely different, with bloodlust, failed dodges, failed passes and whatnot. Even injured thralls. Gareth Williams and Kris scored to take me 2-1.
    Three level-ups after this one: Gareth took Wrestle, John Coltrane (MVP) Break Tackle, while Don Cherry ROLLED MY VERY FIRST +STRENGHT INCREASE!! WOOOHOOOOO!!! :D

11. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Give me back my doping;)

12. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Symphony continued their winning streak with a 2-0 win against DamanAress's C'Mon Hu Man!, with the ghoul Kris Angylus having a blast - two touchdowns and also two casualties!
    However, the victory came at a great price - one of the best and most experienced players on the team, the mummified Miles Davis, died (again), on a 1d :bothdown: block from a human lineman. He did manage to inflict an injury to his killer in return, but that's hardly a consolation.
    Miles finished his second life with 1 MVP, 4 casualties (including one death) and whooping 7 KOs (his mate John Coltrane has still to inflict a single ko). Rest in peace.

A fresh symphonist will be recruited from the ranks of the dead. It's time for some Karlheinz Stockhausen! :skull:

13. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    He injured his assailant ?! That is a nice way to go out... RIFP

14. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    The last two matches of the group stage weren't so good for the Symphony. The undead musicians lost against Tergara's Necros 1-2 (damn those one die blocks) and then drew 0-0 with Fred's Meat the Truth. Good thing is, we've apparently stolen Netsmurf's doping lab!

The team currently:
    Ghouls:
    Kris Angylus - Block, Side Step - 22 SPPs
    Gareth Williams - Wrestle, +ST :D:D:D - 16 SPPs

Wights:
    John Cage - Guard, Tackle - 18 SPPs
    Sun Ra - Guard - 8 SPPs

Skeleton:
    Iannis Xenakis - 0 SPPs

Zombies:
    Alice Coltrane - Kick, Guard - 17 SPPs
    Sonny Sharrock - 2 SPPs
    Andrew Hill - Guard - 13 SPPs
    Don Cherry - +ST - 9 SPPs
    Albert Ayler - 2 SPPs

Mummies:
    Karlheinz Stockhausen - 0 SPPs
    John Coltrane - Guard, Break Tackle - 16 SPPs

Mr. Stockhausen's first two matches were absolutely disappointing. Not only did he fail to cause any casualties yet (and a whooping number of 1 KO over those matches), his block dice against Fred were as follows:
    :skull::bothdown:
    :bothdown::powdodge:
    :bothdown::bothdown:
    :bothdown::bothdown:
    :bothdown::skull:
    :pushback::pushback::bothdown:
    :pushback::pow::pushback:
    :skull::bothdown:
    :skull::skull:
    Nine blocks, including two 3-dice, TWO successful, SIX turnovers (two rerolled, one not-disabled wrestle), obviously no broken armor. Apparently, his play in Kontakte is not as good as it once was.

15. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    That result also stole my playoff spot, but as long as the Danish Handball team keeps getting the miracles Im ok with that;)