1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Blog - Mayhem Clinic

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by hungrygnome, Jul 24, 2012.

1. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Mayhem Clinic, my doctor themed Necromantic team, is so far doing well. The current key players are my werewolf Dr. Jeckyl: 4 STR, 4 AGI, Block. He is by far my best blitzer and approaching his 4th skill very soon. Bruce Banner, my Flesh Golem, got lucky with a doubles and is now has block/dodge/guard. Also picked up a kick zombie after a lucky block a Deathroller threw against me went wrong, and that injury plus a star player resulted in a skill roll.

A 4 AGI ghoul with sure hands has made my life much easier, and im suprised he is still alive at this point. Luckily, after 12 games all I have managed to lose to death is 2 zombies!! and no injuries sustained outside of missing the next game. Much better than my first necro team, which has to be retired after only 2 games due to death and injury.

My major issue is in dealing with Wood Elves. I just cant manage to beat them, they somehow manage to smash my cages apart, steal the ball out from under 3 tackle zones with no issues whatsoever, and proceed to move the ball down the entire field as if there was a conveyer belt just for them.

Ive had a little issue with Norse somehow, but still managed to beat them. I have yet to go against an Orc team though ,and may have some trouble with them.

Any suggestions would be apreciated.

The team as it stands on 7/28/12 - 5 rerolls with 2 coaches and 2 cheerleaders = 1990 TV - 14 wins - 1 draw - 1 loss ( damn woodelves )
    45 TD scored
    305,000 in the bank

Dr Jeckyl - werewolf - 4 STR, 4 AGI, Block, Dodge, Leap
    Mr. Hyde - werewolf - Block, Dodge, Sidestep
    Bruce Banner - Flesh Golem - Block, Dodge, Guard ( Dr. banner is better known by his alter-ego, the HULK, for you non-comic people)
    Dr. Doom - Flesh Golem - Block, Dodge, Guard
    Dr. House - Wight - Guard, tackle, Mighty Blow
    Dr. Who - Wight - Guard, Tackle, 4 STR
    Dr. Dre - Ghoul - +1 AGI, Surehands, Block, Leap
    Dr. Strangelove - Ghoul - Block, 4 STR
    Intern #1 - Zombie - rookie
    Intern #3 - Zombie - Block
    Intern #4 - Block, Tackle, 4 STR
    Intern #5 - Kick

Interns #2 and #6 tragically died, but in the efforts to have a greener society, they will be recycled accordingly.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Skilling your wights is also important since along with the Golems they represent your only reliable access to Strength skills. Guard, Tackle and Mighty Blow make up the core of their skill set in my mind, and having some Tackle on players faster than MV4 is essential when dealing with those such as Elves.

Tackle is good on your Wolves, but not as vital since Frenzy can give them a second block which is almost as good. All you are hoping for on them is a double to get Mighty Blow to compliment their Claws.

3. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    I only listed the notables. Both my wights have guard( with one having tackle also), along with both ghouls having block. My other golem is just block, and my newest wolf has only gotten block so far. Two zombies have picked up block at least. Everytime I have a choice who to hand the ball to on the kickoff, Ill hand it to the golems and amble my way up the pitch to get them SPP. So far has yet to fail 4 times. Too often people think they are safe when 3 squares off the sidelines based, only to result in a block that pushes them back to within range of a blitz from my wolf to surf them off the pitch.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kazman29
    Country Flag:
    Nice... a little grab on those support players can go a long way in helping the wolves get those surfs a well :D Wood Elves are a tough match up when you have so much MV4. Any good coaches out there have some advice here?

5. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    This week I managed to upgrade my werewolfs. I now have a 4STR/4AGI/Blodge wolf, and a Blodge/Sidestep wolf.
    Both my wights are now guard/tackle, and my Golems skills are one with Blodge/guard, the other Guard/Block, with the lesser only being 2 SPP away from a 3rd skill.
    Two of my zombies have managed to aquire Block now, and one with tackle also, except my Kick zombie, who has been completely invaluable. I cannot recommend enough having an extra zombie with Kick on it.
    I have one Ghoul with 4AGI/block/surehands, and another with Block/sidestep.

I struggled at first with lower TV, but now that im skilled enough I rarely have issues. I havent faced any elves lately though, so I may still have trouble with them, though now that I have a few tackle units life may be a bit easier.

My next skill plan is to get my guard/block golem Mighty Blow. My 2 4AGI units are major SPP hogs, as they score almost every one of my TD's. My 4AGI wolf usually manages to blitz the ball carrier, and manages to pick the ball up as he knocks it loose, and I just move away then.

Ive turned down 2 zombies so far from my necromancer doing his work. Ive killed far more than that, but either they have stunty, or are a STR 5 like the Mummy I just killed in my last game! Right now I only have a roster of 13, and dont want my TV to bloat with a bunch of zombies on the bench. Ive bought up to 5 rerolls, and I use them all most of the time. Having 5 really helps me able to reroll block dice when I need a certain result.

Anyone able to see anything specific I should do or not do? I know ive kept them relatively general in their skill choice, but so far with the way Necromantic plays, it seems to work well. If I manage to roll a double on my ghoul, im thinking pass since 4 AGI/sure hands/block/pass would then give me a dedicated thrower/ball recovery. What should I do for a 5th skill on my 4STR/4AGI Blodge wolf? Tackle, or something else?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Sidestep is probably good, since you can start using him more for surfings as well. Also easier on the mind if both have the same protective skills ;)

(Necromancy for a zombie doesn't work on victims with regenerate, by the way)

Five rerolls - well, if you never end a half with two remaining, then I guess it can be fine. Personally I've rerolled into double skulls in a costly enough way and now I tend to only reroll when it is really needed.

(But I guess you can use them for zombie gfi:s as well, to keep up)

7. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    I knew about it not working on regenerate units. Lots of STR 5 and STR 6 units though, ive so far managed to kill 1 treeman, 1 death roller, 2 trolls and a mummy(of the big guys) in my tabletop sessions. Im not well liked because of it. Luckily, only one person in my league is prone to prolific amounts of fouling, and thats the halfling team. I watched him take half a dwarf team out in one game. Im very lucky so far with having sustained no injuries resulting in a stat loss, and only dead zombies.

I tend to reroll block dice only when I want to surf someone off the pitch, or im chaining a series of blocks to take key support off the ball handler so I can gain a 2 die blitz/block, or if i REALLY need to open a hole. I may have a decent amount of dodge on my team now, but I try not to use it if I have to, Id rather go around, and usually have the movement to do so.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  8. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Might I suggest you present an updated Roster in your first post (by editing it) ? Check my team blogs for a general idea. Makes it easier to comment on your team.

Plus I'm curious to see your Doctor themed player names ! ;)

9. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    I will update it in 2 hours once im off work. Ive been updating from memory mainly, But I shall post them in all thier unholy glory in an edit.

10. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Updated my roster into the original post. I never said they were all MEDICAL doctors...

11. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Good Point ! This is way better ! Though Mr. Hyde is not a doctor lets say... :)

+1 agi/+1 str wolf ?! Nice...

Also might I suggest naming zombie as patients ? Mental patient, schizophrenic, .. hehe

12. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Sadly, this team may no longer see play any more. The local game store is shutting down and no longer provides space to play, so unless we can find another venue to meet at, Mayhem Clinic may be given administrative leave indefinitely.

13. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Time to start playing at peoples homes? Putting the league tables online?

Or is it more of a social gathering?

14. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    No one person has enough room to fit all of us. There are 8 or 9 people usually at any one time, or there was anyways.

15. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Start smaller... 4 at a time.

Some schools or public places might help you...

16. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    8-9 people means the social part was the important bit. Anyplace (school etc) that you could start a club?

17. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Well, we have managed to aquire a new venue, and Mayhem Clinic is doing as good as ever. I now have a 4 STR block/tackle zombie, with one wight having 4 STR, and the other gained Mighty Blow! Also gave my 4 AGI ghoul Leap, as well as my 4 STR 4 AGI wolf Leap. he makes a great blitzer now. Either of my leap units make great ball carriers, and hog SPP ruthlessly now. AND gave a ghoul +1 STR also.. I seem to roll double 6 ALOT, and Im not about to turn down as much 4 STR on the team as I can.

I finally faced an ogre team, and it wasnt nearly as bad as I expected, mainly because he couldnt roll well at all to break armor. Not a single injury that wasnt regenerated, and I managed to remove 7 snotlings and 2 ogres with injuries. It was pretty bloody. game over 5 - 0 , though he came close to scoring when the ball bounced loose, and a 3 AGI orge picked it up, and successfully passed it close to my end zone, but a GFI blitz from my wolf kept him from capitalizing on the good luck and scoring.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012