1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TEAM BLOG - The Harbingers of Megz

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by voyagersuk, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Goblins huh, boil em, mash em, put em in a stew!

2. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

2-0 what a surprise. I chose not to score early in the second half to keep Ripper and a troll in the KO Box.

6 casualties (including a death) 8 KO's

no winnings
    no FF increase.

only skill was Rikkit who gains Mighty Blow.

3. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

Thanks for the updates!

Seams like the AI can't give you much of a challenge. Have you tried playing against human opponents online?

4. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

I have set myself up, but the majority of the online users seem very juvenile

5. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

Yes this can be the case :/

6. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

I did set up an online league for invite only. I think it was either 8 or 12 teams so if you are interested ?

7. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

Next game - Bright Crusaders + Griff

no Ogre - 2-0 win 3-1 on casualties, 5-0 on KO's

took tackle on RoG so Block, Prehensile Tail and Tackle..

next gane is against Skinks.... bwhahahahaha

8. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

I'm notoriously unreliable when it comes to the online leagues, due to the scheduling aspect of it.:(

But I am always happy to accept a challenge from anyone. My online coach name is the same as here: RedDevilCG. I tend to be a Skaven fanatic, so more than likely that would be the team you would see me command!

9. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

thanks RDCG I will keep my eyes peeled for you online...

so a couple more games in the book.

both 2-0 wins and a combined 11KO's, 9 Casualties and 4 Dead for the Harbingers to inflict on their foes...

Both Hysh and MEgz II have Claw to boot now... so I am looking forward to the knockout round of season 2,

Dwarf versus Chaos
    Orc versus Skaven
    Dwarf versus Orc
    MEgz versus Lizardmen

so I can happily look forward to some AV9 breakages with a 3 and a 4 on the dice.

Chaos is subversive. I have as I said never played them before this for an extended period of time and I find myself looking forward to their Bite and run tactics; The use of Horns every turn. The ST4 AG 3 Chaos Warriors like Hysh and Anar who just abuse the opposition tackles and then run for TD's.

loving it.

10. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

Lizzies went down 2-0 and 7-1 on casualties

Anar is missing the next game. and less one point of AG

up against Dwarves next.

11. Coach

Country Flag:
    Any plans to start up one in the public leagues at all, AI seems as easy to beat for you as I suspected it would be!

12. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

maybe I will....

13. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

played the season 2 final - so 26 games and I only conceded 1 TD so far...

it was a good game versus Orcs. I decided to use some Treasury and Hire Morg

so I gave away over 1.3M in TV.

They hired Varag but I had 6 ST4 1 ST5 and 1ST6 on the pitch with some Guard thrown in.

11 - 1 was the score... the casualty score that is

The Claws team of Hysh and MEgz II are immense. and now Behemoth has joined them. Wow it was a pleasure to watch. It seemed like every pther Block took a guy out.

:cool:

14. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

ok, so just a brief update

the team has now gone 31-0-1 and only conceded 1 TD

MEgz II has a third of the teams total casualties this season with 13 and I am winning the casualty battle in an average game by 7/8-1

MEgz II has Block Claw and AV10, I do not think she needs anything else.

almost all the team are on 3 skills. the 13th man has no spps and rarely makes it onto the pitch

next up is another gobbo team.... The trolls will go quickly and quietly into the dug-out

they are very easy to play now. I do use all of my 5 rerolls per half as I tend to go for it a lot as the last move of each turn.

I will play them to the completion of the competition and then move onto Dark Elves... I will need a break from the bash.

15. Coach

Country Flag:
    Who did you lose to?

16. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

no-one. I drew with a wood elf team...

17. Coach

Country Flag:
    So you are 31-1-0 not 31-0-1 huh!

18. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

ah I always thought it was W-L-D.... all the NFL commentators had to remember to add the extra 1 for the Bengals last year...

19. Coach

Country Flag:
    Americans put the draws last cause in practically all their sports they hardly ever have draws.

In UK it is win draw loss, in order from most points from a result to least. I believe most countries do it this way.

20. sunnyside

sunnyside Member

Still have a few days to bring a team out of retirement in mbbl *nudge nudge*

Or you could try this concept there. Granted it'll take you over a year to get 32 games under your belt (unless you fire up five teams like this).... But it doesn't take up that much time and it'd be real people. Either you are the god king of blood bowl with that record or the computer sucks, which means it may make you soft and sloppy.

And I could really use some more lower TV teams to play.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009