Chaos Dwarf Teufel rolled Double for the 4th time

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Give him tackle and use him on defense as a safety or ball hunter, surehands is a great help there to actually secure the ball after a sack since you often use the team rr for the dodge, gfis or block necessary for popping the ball loose.
Not sure which one you are talking about, but I guess Saytan, right? Hmm, interesting idea, I have to think about it.
Your team is really starting to look neat, Mamutas! Keep it up.

For Djofullin - I like having two DP's. More than that seems excessive but I think two is the magic number for most Chaos Dwarf teams. Of course, if you're still at much lower TV than most of your opponents and Bribes is the thing you usually induce, then maybe you could get away with having just the one. However, I feel that the more powerful my opponents become, the more value there is in that 60K cost Hobo with DP that can remove an opponents piece - which often has triple the value - with a well-placed kick to the nuts.
Thanks, I can't believe I had not leveled any dwarves in the last game. With so many armor breaks and so little casualties, the elves almost got unscathed out that match.
Two DP players? Interesting. But they won't be on the field at the same time, so 2nd be a back up piece. Yeah, might not be a bad idea...

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
#8 Dwarf had rolled a double.
I was going to go with MB (did not want to put Guard on him, as I try to keep him away a bit due to his niggle), but now he can pick any skill in the world.
Well, he has Claw already and there are not many other Mutation skills good for a dwarf, except perhaps Foul Appearance).
Any thoughts? Is MB still the best choice?
upload_2018-10-28_11-0-56.png

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd go for MB.
If he already had MB and PO then Jump Up is the pick but since he already has a niggle I think you are better off going for the damage now rather than hoping he is still around in a few seasons time when the combo will pay off.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I'd go for MB.
If he already had MB and PO then Jump Up is the pick but since he already has a niggle I think you are better off going for the damage now rather than hoping he is still around in a few seasons time when the combo will pay off.
So nothing from mutation at all then? What a waste of double roll.
Thanks @tys123

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
The only other mutations you would ever take on a dwarf is Prehensile Tail or Tentacles but you need Stand Firm for the 1st and +ST for the 2nd.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
You could take Jump Up though.. :p

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I aint a chorf expert. But horns for blitzing and open some gaps wouldnt be good?

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
If I had PO on him then absolutely.

That might be good too. He ended up blitzing a lot against @Jeliel. But it is probably because he was one of 2 left on the pitch.
Against ST5 when u can only put 2 guard players assisting, or against a team like orcs or dwarfs with a lot of guards or more ST i can see a good reason to have horns

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
I’ll add my 2 cents!

First, I would have fired him when he got the niggle.
Apart from that, horns isn’t inherently bad, but at best it’s a very late skill, and surely after JU (and claw obviously).
Now even jump is quite bad, cause it’s going to take forever before completing the kill stack, if ever.

So I would take MB, plus on the other guard would have taken MB as well, and not guard, for the same reasons that it takes too long to get the synergy going.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I’ll add my 2 cents!

First, I would have fired him when he got the niggle.
Apart from that, horns isn’t inherently bad, but at best it’s a very late skill, and surely after JU (and claw obviously).
Now even jump is quite bad, cause it’s going to take forever before completing the kill stack, if ever.

So I would take MB, plus on the other guard would have taken MB as well, and not guard, for the same reasons that it takes too long to get the synergy going.
Thanks for the input. I agree with that. In normal circumstances, I'd likely to do the same, but mine were not that ordinary.
I was promoted in Tier 3 beyond my TV due to drop outs and reroll so I had to go against much higher TV teams (400+ difference) for a couple of seasons (not counting this one).
I'd normally take MB first but went with Guard to get better surviving chances, not winning.
For the same reason I did not fire him as I did not fire him at first and then he got the double, so now he is here until he is dead. Until now, niggle was not a big issue luckily.
I have another Chaos Dwarf and Chaos teams to play in this season, so the more damage he can do the better. MB is obviously the favorite, but as I said I had to blitz with him a lot, so Horns would have paid off in that one game. JU is nice, but only useful in some circumstances, not all.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
upload_2018-12-7_22-52-34.png

Hello there,

After the last game, I ended up with this. Bull and Hobo both rolled normal level ups, but Dwarf rolled 10.
My next opponent is Rats (again) and then there will be 1 more Rats and also Kislev team. The others are not that bashy: Chorfs, Norse, Orcs and Chaos.

So, I am thinking to get a Guard on Dwarf (really does not need more armor or movement, I think) and Tackle on Bull. Yes, there is plenty of Tackle, but I end up marking the BC with a Bull very often. For Hobo I am thinking Strip Ball, so he can counter those GRs who did not get Sure Hands yet easier.

Any other thoughts?

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I don't like strip ball on that hobbo, he's a bit wasted as a safety honestly a str 3 strip ball will do the job just as effectively. Wrestle or block then tackle are obvious but probably also optimal. For the bull tackle is good or you can consider frenzy.

BallztotheWalla

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I would Go with mb on the bull and then tackle but tackle first is fine too.

Guard on the dwarf.

The hobo should get block and slowly transform into the main ball carrier with sure hands next unless a double is rolled.

I think stripball is wasted on a st4 player

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Guard on the dwarf seems obvious.
Tackle or MB for the Bull. Since you have rats for the next 2 games tackle is probably best.
The hobbo wants either wrestle then tackle , or block then sure hands. Normally I prefer the sure hands option but you do already have a ballcarrier and ST3 , sure hands , guard is probably better than ST4 for your next 3 opponents.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Guard on the dwarf seems obvious.
Tackle or MB for the Bull. Since you have rats for the next 2 games tackle is probably best.
The hobbo wants either wrestle then tackle , or block then sure hands. Normally I prefer the sure hands option but you do already have a ballcarrier and ST3 , sure hands , guard is probably better than ST4 for your next 3 opponents.
Would Block be better on hobo than Wrestle either way? With him on the ground and being ST4, he just bound to be fouled all the time with his low armor.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Would Block be better on hobo than Wrestle either way? With him on the ground and being ST4, he just bound to be fouled all the time with his low armor.
If you are blitzing a blodger with the ball who is about to score then with block you have approx a 30% change of knocking him down.
With Wrestle it is 55% and with wrackle it goes up to 75%.
So yes Block is better at not being fouled but Wrestle will stop more TD's.

BallztotheWalla

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I put sure hands on both my st 4 hobos.
Don’t wanna risk a match without sure hands at high tv..

Nerds be leaping into the cage every turn otherwise..