1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 1st Cup - Round 1 Match Results

Discussion in 'The Mighty Mithril' started by Ilgoth, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Post your tales and experiences here!

2. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    1-0 Against Twoscoops. Fairly boring game, remove some early players and it turned into a grind down with the strenght up. Highlight of the game was a random 1d block with a skellie killing a chorf blocker.

We cant confirm the game. Not sure if intended or not.

TwoScoops likes this.
  3. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, I can confirm that we cannot confirm :). 2x snake eyes very early on left me in a really bad spot. That plus the 3x ko's and none of them coming back after the half really sealed the deal. I did KO one of noob's players via some hobbo fouling, and injured one of the skele's during the first half, but the KO came back and the skele regenned giving him a significant advantage going into the second part of the game. GG to you @notorious noob - now go win the dang thing!

4. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I checked and I didnt have the auto-validation checked (I assume it's this setting). Should be cool now.

Seems someone had a mere two scoops of TMM action... anyone...? sigh, outta the door.

notorious noob and TwoScoops like this.
  5. slanesh

slanesh Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nice first game vs @TomSchnizz
    It was fun as it should be, very tense till the end, Nuffle smiled on me after a lot of mistakes, so I was able to win the match in overtime.
    A couple of injuries and a KO, Dhalsim got smashed(-AV) and is going to be very ill the next match...
    I'd like advice from experienced coaches in this kind of tournament...I find myself with 100k in the bank and one less player next match. Should I buy apo , 2n reroll or a catcher?
    I can confirm the games can be confirmed ;)

Ilgoth and TomSchnizz like this.
  6. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    2nd reroll

TravelScrabble likes this.
  7. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The Ash's are out.

My woody positioning play was a bit weak (1st match ever with them but still). The last turn was great fun with a 2+ pass to a 1/36 catch to win hitting the floor. The Brets then pulled off an elf play of their own including the pick up in a TZ. With my name sake peasant running it in. However I took too many blocks and was up on players for no good reason so it was probably a fair result.

8. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Bwahahahaha what a game!

There are only 3 things to report:

@cjblackburn killed peasant @mamutas (-AV)! (Or actually I might keep him so he can die again ...)

Knight/blitzer @Ravers killed a WD (true death) and was rewarded with the MVP and rolled agi!

Edited highlights of turn 16 (@cjblackburn's drive and 1-1): CJ had pressured my cage very well and forced me to make the ball completely unsafe, popping it loose. He cleared the ball and scooped it up, needing only a quick pass to his catcher to win. We were both out of rerolls. I congratulated him on a well deserved win. But the pass was a 1. Overtime? No chance. I made 3 2 dice blocks with block/wrestle, including killing the WD to clear peasant @cjblackburn (only player in scoring range). Another blitzer then picked up the ball in 1 remaining TZ, dodged out, handed off to peasant CJB and - how could this be more guided by Nuffle??? - peasant CJB avoided the double tripwire (no rrs remember) to defeat the great man himself!

Completely disagree with CJ, he played better and but for that pass a well deserved win. My score was utter madness.

Ravers and Regor like this.
  9. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Well I scored the winning TD. So I must be right.

Orielensis and Ravers like this.
  10. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    That has to be the craziest Turn 16 I have ever seen - gg.

11. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Gosh I suffer worse like 1 in every 4 games in the champ ladder so it seems (the endless chains of 6+s they make!!!) but for a "proper" game between two good coaches it was pure nonsense.

12. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I did not expect anything less from @cjblackburn The Coach as to kill my in-game character. :p
    But you actually apothed him, @Orielensis ! Ooh! :rolleyes: You are so nice! I need and emoji with hearts and "love you" words. ;)

13. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    That match sounds like I have to fire up a replay at some point.

14. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Most of the match was very standard stuff @Ilgoth so if you fire it up, just skip to CJ's turn 16.

@mamutas unfortunately neither team had an apo so dead WD died and peasant Mamutas will mng and if he comes back he'll be AV6!

15. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Yeah skip the 1st half unless you want to see some terrible chain pushes by your truly.

16. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Foodvengers pull of an unexpected win over All about the BONES! 2-1. First half had a Khemri score in 5 turns and a Human return score in 3.

In the second half I had to scramble, and needed a short pass on T14 and on T16 I needed a 1d block knockdown, 4+ 4+ 3+ 2+ 2+ to score (with reroll), which I managed.

GG Street.

Street likes this.
  17. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    AV6 is better than dead or kicked out from the team, right? :D

18. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    My Norse pick up a lucky 2-1 overtime win against Regors Dwarves.

GG mate

Ilgoth and Regor like this.
  19. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    GG, was a pleasure to play against u once again ;) gl for your next match

20. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Nuffle favoured the dwarfs this day 1-0 over @ParaDoc's Norse and I continue to have the better dice in our rivalry. First half Paradoc lines up his two wolves and Yehtee on the line and was instantly punished as one Wolf was injured and the yehtee was KO'd. Despite that I took too long to make my move on offense (you really can't waste any time with dwarfs) with the result that I could only push up a sideline late and Para columns. Facing a 4+ 3+ dodge to score I racked my brain for something better and ran out of time. Tssk.

Second half and 3 of Para's 4 KOs wake up, mine doesn't, to leave it 9 vs 10. Like a gentleman I then put a blitzer one square too close to the sideline so that Para can surf him and make it a fair fight, like a cad my follow up chain push results in a KO and a surf but then the left side of my defenses exposed and the runner is able to move within 2 GFIs of the TD. I put pressure on and say a prayer hoping my boys can manage in 5 turns what they couldn't do in 8, before Para rolls 2/3 1s on his td attempt, stuns the runner, ball of the pitch and thrown in back in between my two runners. Thanks Nuffle!

Its essentially game over as I'm able to knock over the entire norse team bar the yehtee and my runner takes off upfield.

Sorry Para, next season you'll have your revenge.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017