1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire The 5th Vampire

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Stryke, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    Been having quite a bit of success with the 3 Vampire 5RR start but now I'm wondering about expansion, the 4th vamp fits in easily with the above build as the obvious second purchase after ao apothecary. After that I'm planning to buy thralls to bulk up the bench.

Is a 5th or even a 6th vamp ever a good idea though? I did think a purely thrall support vamp who doesn't get activated might be handy but he'd still have to be rolling bloodlust to stand up. Having a sub might be nice on occasion but that's a lot of TV to be riding the bench.

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I think you have somewhat answered your own question.

If you have five Vampires and have them all on the pitch that is only six Thralls which may leave you in danger of Bloodlust. It can be workable though, five Vampires means you can protect those Thralls easier. It perhaps works better for a well developed team where you can get to a point where you have Pro on some of the Vampires.

Alternatively you sit him on the bench and you are giving away a lot of Team Value. Getting a sixth just exaggerates this issue even more. I've never gone more than four on a team, I think five can work, six could be fun though may end up being very hard to handle.

If anyone has tried or goes on to try five or six, then please let us know how you get on. As I said though I only really thing it will work on a long term well developed team.

3. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah that was what I figured, just a pity really those extra two team slots are taunting me :p

Guess I'll wait for a few Vamps to get to the Block/Dodge/Pro levels then I'll see how a 5th one works.

Would be interested though to see if anyone else has managed to make it work.

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I tried last year with a full roster of vamps. It was quite nice to have as sadly, one or two was MNG most of the time. My trouble came when all where eligible for the game. Found it very hard to put some in reserves, but finaly developed a passer to sit out on defence.

I went with herostyle play and tried to score as fast as possible, to avoid to many bloodlusts. The frustration however is great when you fail bloodlust instead of scoring, that cost me one defeat. I should have declared a handoff action but simply forgot as I was very eager to make the turn 8 equaliser.

The record was as I recall, 12 win, 4 draw, 3 loss. Made it to the clubs divisional final, but a double 1 on my reciever saw the ball on the ground and a 2-3 defeat.