1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics The best team/teams?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by GhostfaceKillah, Nov 6, 2010.

1. GhostfaceKillah

GhostfaceKillah New Member

Country Flag:
    If someone put a gun to your head and told you you had to win a league/tournament, which team would you pick?

I have to say for a league I choose orks.

And for a tournament or one off game I choose pro elves.

2. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    I'd have to say Dwarfs. They are possibly the best out of the box.

3. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    In a league with 20 matches I would choose Nurgle, Below that it would be Woodies. For tournaments I would also take woodies FTW.

4. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

For a one off game, teams with good stats off the bat are nice (Dwarves, Norse, Amazons, any of the Elves) while in a longer League quite a few teams can have the advantage depending on what advantage you're going for.

To answer your question specifically, in a longer league I don't believe there is just one best team. It comes down to personal play style and preferences. For a shorter League I would go with either Dwarves (if I knew the league had a lot of Bashy teams or Dodge heavy teams) or Dark Elves if I knew nothing about the league. Dark elves just have a great mix of elven agility, the ability to throw a few blocks (a decent number of guys start with Block), and decent toughness (AV 8 is pretty good for an elven team anyway).

5. Frenz0rz

Frenz0rz Member

Country Flag:
    I suppose the easiest answer would be to say - depends on the league. For example, if its looking to be filled with elves and such, I'd go Nurgle, buy 5 players with disturbing presence, and laugh malevolently as they try to play a passing game. As for the best cookie cutter, all rounder team right off the bat... im ashamed to admit that its probably gonna be dwarves. Tough little gits.

That said, for what you can start with, Ogres are a pretty underrated team in my opinion. 4 rerolls, 4 ogres and 8 snotlings makes for a pretty fun and actually somewhat forgiving team, provided you know how to position your snotlings and save your rerolls for those critical late-game bonehead rolls :D

6. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    As there is no such thing as a standard league I wouldn't give a single best choice as it can vary greatly. Even then there would be a few I was happy with.

If I had to pick one that can cope with all the various league types the best then I would probably say Dark Elves.

7. spworldtour

spworldtour New Member

Country Flag:
    For a one off match, I'd go with Amazon or Norse. I love their added mobility rather than the Dwarfs hardiness.

For a long league... my personal performance in the last few weeks would indicate Woodies. I cry myself to sleep over how badly they ruined the woodie catcher (Really, who wants to pay for sprint? It's such a useless skill) but the combination of WD and Trees is pretty darn destructive.