1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfling The Blazin´ Munchies

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Blasscend, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    [RMBBL] The Blazin´ Munchies-The rise of a small threat

I´m back guys, I´m back! After a few weeks of absence, UM season 22 has begun and this, my new halfling team, will go and (hopefully) bring fun and blood to the party.

This is how they look atm:

[​IMG]

My Div, Div 7, doesn´t look that bad for me, except the necro team but that one´s rookie as for now and I hope they don´t get that much tackle before facing me. And block. And basically everything useful against me. Well then, this is my MD1 opponent:

[​IMG]

Goblins against halflings. Ouch, that could get bad. Very, very bad. BUT: It also depends on how we both roll a lot. Not sure what inducements to take really. Except the obvious chef, not enough for zara sadly. Except if he puts some money in for a bribe or two.

Biggest threat is that troll and ofc, the looney. I honestly have no idea how to play this..except, you know, beg for good dice and hope the chef leaves them without a rr. In that case, this could get funny.

Please leave some suggestions guys ;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Can he get a looney? The roster I see only has 10k in the bank and no looney. I think you should be really fine here, he'll have only 11 players one of which is a secret weapon and no bribes, you can use your 200 inducements on extra flings for fouling and your trees should be able to hold off his trolls pretty well.

Let the trees tie up the trolls in the middle and go to town on the goblins would be my advice. Receive if you can and if you score the Fanatic goes off the pitch as a bonus.

3. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    There's something wrong with that picture, no way is that roster 900TV.

Other than that I'd stick with TS' advice. If you can tie up the Trolls and get rid of the Fanatic by scoring then you should have a field day smacking gobbos around. Get the Chef. Even if he only steals one RR it will be worth it.

4. Miicr0

Miicr0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Miicr0
    Country Flag:
    Indeed, that roster cannot be 900 TV.

If the roster is indeed as shown above I wouldn't be too scared of those goblins. If he can he should induce a Looney as you said, which would become your prime target. The rest of his goblins are very unimpressive. The Fanatic is MV2, so he can do 2 'safe' blocks, if luck allows. Trolls are very unreliable by nature, so that might create some good opportunities. Furtherly if he decides to pile on that would make a fun target for you. And well, all gobs will be loners except for that sidestepper, fanatic and pogo.

I don't think they should be too big of a problem, even though you play flings!

5. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Nah, that roster is different, BBM seems to have mucked up. Weird. After the first 2 times it looked like that too for me, it seemed to work. Will try again later folks.

Thanks for your opinions so far, I hope that the chef will work-that'd make it easier for sure. Even if he has better pitch removal, I have the advantage of more inducements. And if by any chance I reach 370k...be sure I'll get Zara.

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I've updated it now through the magic of BBM, but the difference is minuscule. They still have 11 players, still TV 900. They added two skilled goblins (and a slew of rookies) but lost their Pogo for this game. They do have both a Looney and a Bombardier, but with no bribes at all that's more of a weakness for them..

7. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Indeed, so they have 3 secret weapons and no bribe and no agi 4, you are going to be fine here Blassc, especially if you can score quickly, but even if you can't they'll be down to 8 players after the first td so if you still have 11 at that point and both your trees (that bit is crucial) I think you'll be able to score twice.

8. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Nik; no idea what was wrong with it.

Aanyway, yeah you guys are right. I need to be able to have more players left than him in the end though, how about adding 1-2 flings as a kind of safety? That'd make the diff about 270-240k, 240 not enough for both the chef and wiz in the latter case, the former gives me less of a safety though. The reason I think I need one is the looney. He wrecks flings like no business..

9. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    With no sudden change of plans, the game will be played at 2pm gmt on saturday, if anyone wants to watch this glorious amount of stunty.

10. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    The roster I could see was 2 Trolls, the Pogo, the Fanatic and 1 single Gob... so for me the difference was anything but minuscule ;)

11. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yes I think you can skip the wiz for extra flings, hard for you to really take advantage of the wizard anyway

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, TV-wise all the empty slots would have filled in with loner gobbos, so that's what I meant with small (no) change in actual TV. It had the TV (900) and cash reserve (10k) correct, but the actual team was very short..

13. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    That's not the way BBManager calculates TV for a team, though.

14. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Probably not. And it was odd how it displayed things. But I'll concede my wording was improper. One point to Barmution.

15. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Edited because I wrote that stuff while on painkillers.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  16. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Well then, thanks to henry being a major good guy and a good sport, we will play the game later today.

FOR BLOOD AND GLORY!*

*And also for pie.

17. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    The Blazin´ Munchies 3-0 Moonshine Razorblades

Not quite sure what to say about this one...

Except that it was the FRICKING BLUEPRINT OF STUNTINESS! Seriously. Dead tree, 2 dead stunty players, lots of cas, pows everywhere, silliest dice I´ve ever seen, probably Nuffle being high. Good idea, that team name.
    At the end he favoured me though, chef took away most rerolls henry had so that was tricky.

10/10 will watch again and again. And so should you, in BBM you can find it in UM season 22.

[​IMG]

18. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Sounds awesome, I'll take a peek.

19. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Trust me, it´ll be worth it. After the first 2 deaths both me and henry were like "Screw this, we´re having fun". And...we did.

20. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

The updated roster. Decided to rebuy the tree that died because..well, the name was awesome.

As you can see, not much has changed, a few spp here and there and obvs the ff but that´s it. Next weeks opponent is a skaven team with 2 pending gr levels, which basically means I have the 400 inducement sweet spot safe and sound. They DO have 60k in bank but that will be saved ofc. The scary thing is how much they fucked up the necro team they played against.