1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfling The Blazin´ Munchies

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Blasscend, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Dodge, then break tackle would make him amusing in one way.

Pass in another, but not as good.

Tackle works well with grab, but I think Dodge works better with break tackle (and before BT as well if you face bashy teams)

Pro is only for wood elf trees, not the fling ones.

2. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Id be inclined towards tackle as people love to put dodgers next to my trees. But dodge to eventually go with break tackle is pretty damn nice too. Grats, that is one nice tree!

3. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, been thinking about dodge..but eventually, there´s so much tackle, it won´t be worth it in the long run I think. He´s gonna scare the living shit out of any elves with tackle..and with dodge BT for pretty much any non tackle teams close enough to him to break the cage..

Probably gonna take tackle if Alt doesn´t say anything else :D

4. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Frenzy could be fun too. Move by blocking stuff!

5. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'll see what I can do.... FOOD are really jealous :)

6. Mercy Flush

Mercy Flush Member

Country Flag:
    nerves of steel could help you get rid of that wonder fling in traffic!
    or, also sure feet, or even sprint would be amazing speed coupled with that +MA.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  7. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Sure feet actually sounds great..so it's really come down to a tie between tackle and sf.

8. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    Right,

Pro - chance to reroll root (if no rr available due to first tree using it or just ran out) plus chance to reroll TTM (only fails on 1 though) plus chance to reroll pushback blocks (team rr used on skulls)

Dodge - helps you stay up cause rarely are you going to be hit by a tackler, coupled with break tackle makes a great cage breaker :)

Tackle - takes down dodgers... Will they be near?

NOS - stops -ves on TTM attempt

Sure feet - let's you go that extra mile

Jump up - I'd be really tempted here, I know it's a move 3 tree but jump up and then move 3

Safe leader reroll (I'm scrapping the barrel)

Side step could be hilarious

Leap because I want to see the animation.....

Seriously though I think it's between jump up, tackle, dodge and pro..... I'd edge towards jump up or dodge... I think Hawca has a move 3 jump up tree n the OCC, we should ask his opinion.

Edit: I hope I didn't miss anything..... With strong arm it might not be a terrible place to make a thrower...... Probably want an ag of 2 first though but strong arm, pass..... :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  9. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hawca's tree is JU and Move 3 because he rolled double first, move later. Other way around and I'm fairly sure he'd have picked Block if the tree had already had Move 3.

You do give a viable argument for Pro - low RR flings who have had a bad chef probably have little to spare for their trees, and pro could help at those times.

10. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Alt, your in depht answer both helps a lot and makes it harder to decide. If I'd be able to get a glimpse of what expects me next season, it'd be easier.

This might just be harder than every other decision I ever made on skills. So many possibilities...
    I mean, even the joking suggestions of frenzy, sidestep..they could be useful. It's really a case of "What is the most probable thing to happen and what helps?" Well, the passing skills are a no, Trevor does the throwing while Travis clears the road. Tackle..yes, dodging away can still happen, but getting marked by a blodger would certainly happen less often. Plus, WD's leaping in the cage not getting Gerald down would suffer. Also lowly Lino's with blodge could get carted off faster.
    Dodge...I dunno. In the long run, players trying to bog him down will have tackle, in upper divisions for sure.
    SF enables me to make 4 square blitzes easier so...yeah. Sprint would give me a total MV of 6 to play with, on the risk of a 1.
    JU only helps if I'm down and getting up is easy. Most of the time the movement is enough.
    Even leader seems..sensible, extra reroll for less cost. But I don't want to blow this opportunity.
    So...this leaves pro. Helps on blocks, if I'm down a rr and have to rr roots or else...
    I'm drawn towards either tackle, pro, sure feet or dodge.

It'd be a lot easier if there was another tree like him.

11. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    Having just played a game where take root got the better of me after a near useless chef I'm backing pro

12. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Okay, I made the decision easier. Rolled a few 4 sided dice on a sim, turns out I´m always just getting the number associated with pro and tackle. So yeah..

I´ll leave the rest to you guys. Until tomorrow morning or so, either write tackle or pro here, I´m gonna take the one with the most votes.

E: also, I just noticed that Gerald, with 14 TD´s all time, is both in the top 10 of scorers this time around. Aaaaaand here comes the good part: he´s also replaced the former fling scoring champion with that. HELL YEAH! We leave our mark on RMBBL history! Next season we´ll probably put a few more names on the all time fling records. BEST. TEAM. EVER.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  13. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    I reckon its helps so much to keep the trees mobile thats why I'll go with pro.

14. Mercy Flush

Mercy Flush Member

Country Flag:
    i see 2 career skill paths for this tree:-

+MA > Block > Jump up > Piling on

(i take it he's gonna become (already is) your 'killer' tree rather than
    your 'thrower/utility' tree. so the only killer skill you need is PO.
    getting this double is just begging for jump up in preparation for
    this. he's the pitch clearer as the trees advance... you'll usually have
    tree#2 & deeproot for pitch control while this guy causes carnage)

or

+MA > Block > Tackle > Grab

(this would be a great build - but would turn him into a 'sticky' (control) killer
    rather than a 'blitz' killer. but this way he can easily tie up 2 or even 3
    players & spend the rest of the turn just battering them off the pitch (or at least out of the way) + it would matter a lot less whether he took root or not - leaving the rest of your team with room (& possibly a numbers advantage) to carry out their offense or defense.)

15. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Now, this build looks like fun to me! :D

16. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    I totally agree, you can even add a killer cry.....TIMBER.....

I still say pro, but piling on looks fun

17. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    JU means still having to blitz from the ground, but with a three square range.

But tackle sounds like good fun.

18. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    I´m counting mercy as tackle as he hasn´t mentioned a pro build and...

I´m at 50% with that. Ugh. Somehow I saw that coming.

19. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Decided on tackle. Pro was reeeeally close but in the end, I´ll probably end up buying another rr this or next season if the TV differences allow it anyway.

Plus, a block tackle tree is a sight scaring the living shit out of pretty much any dodge player, better even if they don´t have block or wrestle.

Next skill probably will be grab, and if Travis sees another day and skill, that´d be either multiblock, break tackle or guard.

He´s getting rather expensive, but I´m telling you, he´s a keeper to the end.

Trevor needs something good too...and gerald could use some movement. A DP fling..

That and the teams perfect. Altough, another agility fling for safe pick ups and hand offs would be great.

20. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    How about a sure hands KOR fling? Or would you settle for KOR and catch/diving catch? (I've yet to roll a double :p )