1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Cards! The Cards!

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Citizen Nev, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    How I miss those crazy, often useless but always hilarious random draw cards.

What's your fave?

Mine's got to be ZAP! Nothing more fun than turning your opponents best player into a AV4 frog :D

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Eclipse is randomly amazing. :D
    (Definitely something to try for if you get loads of inducements)

3. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Never used them, my TT days were pre-cards. :(

4. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    While fun at first I soon grew to dispise them!

5. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I love the Eclipse card, but also find the trampoline trap and ballista and other secret weapons quite fun. I love the randomness. The Eclipse card has saved me a win once. I could not reach the ball carrier with my Nurgle team, but a nice Eclipse later and one GFI later, I had done a serious injury to his star ball carrier:D

6. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Dirty Tricks: Grudge Match (unlimited fouls per turn) Custard Pie (Splat) Sewer Map (can bring a 12th player on the pitch for a drive but chance of getting lost) Under Scrutiny (Player cant make the game as is prison)
    Random Events: Peaked (Harsh! can get no more xp) Flu Bug (D3 players have flu so can play) Dog runs on pitch (Grabs loose ball and moves it D6 squares)
    Magic Items: Helmet (perm +1 AV considered cursed) Healing Scroll ( all KOs & BH instantly recover)

I also REALLY miss the bonus MVPs for TV difference, I was shocked they were taken out. So combinations of cards could be pretty brutal though, I had one match in which though cards I had 5 out of 16 players missing the game! And if someone happened to get grudge match and get the REF (Used to roll FF and winner would not have any players sent off for the rest of the match) it could spell the end to some teams (remember spp for fouling - something I house rule for TT anyway)

You cant forget that lads got Talent.. but anyways.. fun remembering.

Crimsonsun

7. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Trampoline trap was also great! That add Mine and a Wizard was a nigh unbreakable defence.

Crimsonsun

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I only play with the new cards as I find the old cards to be to team destrying:powdodge:

9. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    lol I think thats part of the charm, but I am not someone overly concerned about player loss. Saying that a TT league amongst my friends will have various house rules etc etc, and at the end of the day is more about laughing than winning so cards mangling a team is just amusing.

For more serious play I can understand why people would not want to use them.

Crimsonsun