1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf The Glade Dashers

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Xamnen, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Xamnen

Xamnen Member

Cyanide Username:
    Xamnen
    Country Flag:
    "Follow me, and if you tell so much as a snotling of this place you will never see the blade that ends you."

Aspiring Wood Elf coach Xamnen received these kind words of encouragement from an ex-wardancer referred to only by the code Holly as he entered a hideout belonging to a group of thieves that she led. This group called themselves The Glade Dashers and took code names from various species of tree.

Xamnen was a wood elf, so he was no stranger to the lush forests his kind calls home, but not even his keen senses would have seen through the brush and vines he was quickly lead through. In the middle of all the brush he saw a door, and Holly knocked once, twice, two more times quickly, then clicked her tongue. The door opened a second later, and the pair entered, Holly confidently, Xamnen with trepidation, noting that no one would hear him scream if he was attacked this far in the woods.

Xamnen scanned the room briefly. Besides Holly, ten other elves were in the room, making for a total of 11, and one other ex-wardancer was there as well. All of them were glaring at him, as a bird of prey eyes some tasty vermin that runs beneath its nest.

"Uh, hello. Nice to meet all of you. I have a prop..."

"To the point already, I'm getting impatient." The other ex-wardancer, Maple, stated flatly, eyeing Xamnen coldly.

Xamnen gulped, shutting his eyes for a brief moment, then he gathered his courage and said, "I want to form a Blood Bowl team, and you all will play for me."

There was silence, followed by an eruption of laughter from everyone in the room except Holly, who sat coolly in a nondescript rough chair at the opposite side of the circular room from the door.

"Man, you are one crazy son of a bitch coming in here with an offer like that!" an elf named Fir gasped out between laughing fits.

"No really, listen. You all are fit enough to make great players, and I have some knowledge of the game and how to coach, I think if we work together we can have a real shot at winning! Think of all the money and fame you could earn!"

"Yeah, and all the angry orcs trying to take my internal organs. We do just fine without your goblin-brained schemes thank you." An elf called Elm with a long scar across his face spat.

"You do know we have to kill you to make sure you don't talk right?" One called Dogwood questioned.

"Holly what the hell were you thinking?"

"Like I'd go toe-to-toe with an ogre."

Other such comments of jeering doubt and threats of killing were tossed around the room, Maple even started to draw her blade. Holly still sat in her chair, not moving an inch, silent.

Xamnen started to fear for his life, cold dread sinking in his belly. He steeled himself, then made one last ditch effort to reach the band of rogues, "Shut up you idiots, and clean your ears out, if I could get a real team I wouldn't be here talking to you scumbags." Xamnen said as caustically as he could muster. The room got quiet again, the thieves taken a back by the young coaches sudden change in demeanor.

"You don't do well, you live in a crappy hut in the woods, hiding from the law every day, sleeping on beds of leaves, hell you barely have enough money for a freaking chairs in this room. I'm offering you the chance to really make something of yourselves. As thieves you don't have the any chance, eventually the town watches will eventually catch up with you, and you all don't have the skills to take down big targets. If you weren't so fast you would have been caught already, but either way you will all eventually be thrown in jail and executed. As a Blood Bowl team no one will question your past cause they think you will just die on the pitch anyways, and you have the chance no just to get buy, but to be rich. As a show of good faith I have 1,000,000 gold pieces to start the team, each of you will get 70,000, and the wardancers get 120,000 for their skill. The rest I will keep for investment and entry fees," He slapped the sack of gold onto the table, "Now there is plenty more where this came from if we win some games, but to do that you all need to listen to me, and we can all walk away rich."

The Glade Dashers looked at the money, eyes wide. This is more money than they had ever seen in their lives (all of Xamnen's savings actually) and they slowed looked at each other, questioning. Holly, stirring from her silence, slowly stood up and sauntered over to Xamnen, "I'm in, any of you chickens gonna wuss out? Or are we here to make money?"

Slowly, one by one, the elves stood up and walked over to Xamnen, ending with Maple who snarled, "If this doesn't work, I'm still gonna kill you."

Xamnen smirked, eyes gleaming, "Alright everyone, practice begins in a week, say good bye to your loved ones if you've got any, cause you'll either come back a super star or dead."

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Drakan2.0 likes this.
  2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Of course, the alternate plan would have been to just take the bag of money and move?

Lucky coach or silly bandits. :p

3. Xamnen

Xamnen Member

Cyanide Username:
    Xamnen
    Country Flag:
    It was a taste of things to come for the bandits, something to entice them. But of course no small amount of luck was involved, this is Blood bowl after all

4. Xamnen

Xamnen Member

Cyanide Username:
    Xamnen
    Country Flag:
    Some back ground on the physical team, The Glade Dashers are the team I'll be taking to the Crunch Cup, and is completely new, so I'll upload a roster when someone gets a skill