1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Grim Tale of THE BUMZURS

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Hoverdog, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    The first team of the brilliant genius coach Hoverdog to take part in the Crunch Cup. Let me present The Bumzurs, each player drafted from the best teams from the Scandinavian BlackBowl. Grim, dark, evil, misanthropic (and miselvic, misorcic - you know the drill!) - they have come here to win!

And here they are!

#1 Attila Csihar, Runner from Mayhem United
    #3 Ihsahn, Lineman, Norscan Emperor
    #4 Garm, Lineman, Ulver Wolves
    #5 Fenriz, Lineman, Darkthrone FC
    #6 Nocturno Culto, Lineman, also of Darkthrone FC
    #7 Frost, Lineman, AC Satyricon
    #8 Neige, Lineman, imported from the french PSG Alcest
    #13 Hunter Hunt-Hendrix, Berserker, from the american team Brooklyn Liturgy
    #14 John Gossard,, Berserker, another from USA, San Fran Weakling
    #15 Euronymous, Ulfwerner, Mayhem United (he had some health problems lately and missed last season, we all hope he is good to go!)
    #16 Varg Vikernes,, Ulfwerner, a young emerging star, fresh from highschool!

Their first opponent: some pansy elves. Bah!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Haha, nice theme! I'd be a bit worried about "in-fighting" if I were you though...

3. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    This is the price I have to pay for creating such an all-star team.

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    #8 is bound to die:pow:

5. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    To be honest, Norse teams have been badly Nuffled in Crunch Cups to date and I can't think of any that have done especially well, so your all-star cast have a lot to prove. Good luck though...

I noticed you missed out the positions of the last four players on the list... Wondered what options you went with... Two Wolves, two Beserkers? All linemen?

Good luck in the comp... enjoy the elf bashing!

6. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Hey! I need some good luck too you know Barn..

But in all seriousness, I'm expecting a tough match up with all that block and frenzy, but who knows how Nuffle will call it. See you on the pitch soon in any case.

7. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    I missed it somehow. Updated.

I hope for a lot of:bothdown: (except my wolfies obviously)

8. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    As Barn said, Norse have had a really terrible time so far in the Crunch Cup's. Not 1 has made it past group stages and I can recall a few Norse players who have dropped out after their teams had been mangled on the pitch. Good luck with them and here's hoping you perform better than your predecessors.

I really like your starting roster, but how many rerolls do you have? I'm guessing just the 2? Also no apoth i assume?

9. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I would not worry about hoverdog not advancing to the playoffs. He's one of the fastest learning coaches I've seen and it's not even his first Norse team. We can only hope for his paper-mache Norse armor to fail as much as possible. Otherwise, we're doomed. :skull:

10. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Not quite true. Norse To See You took out the favorites for the title in CCIII in the first playoff round (purely due to their newest recruit, #666 name of Nuffle) before crashing out in round 2. I think its the only CC that Netsmurf didn't make at least the semis.

Anyway I like the starting roster although I'm slightly concerned by the lack of rerolls it will force onto the team.

11. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    So after some technical problems, my match with Gallows Bait was set to 2:0 for me.
    Unfortunately, I didn't receive any level-ups (Neige and Gossard with MVPs, Garm and Fenriz with TDs), but now I have an amazing 140000 cash. Question is, what should I do with it. I can:
    - buy a yhetee. nice, but risky, as having 3 guys with frenzy, but no block leads to turnovers galore. plus, claw won't be that useful against my next opponent, vampires.
    - buy a reserve lineman and an apothecary. a safer route, I'll have a spare player and an apo in case any of my key players get hurt. plus 50000 cash left for further games.
    - buy two linemen and an apo. same as above, i'll be able to foul more - but without any $$ left.
    - buy a runner and an apo. no cash left, a better and quicker player than a lineman, but a pretty expensive one.
    - buy only an apo or a lineman, and save the rest for a yhetee (who will be useful against lizards)

oh, and I have three RRs.

12. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Apologies again for the technical hitches, still no closer to knowing why it crashed out on turn 11 there, which is frustrating. Even though I was losing badly, I would still have prefered to complete the match. But assigning the win give a fairer result as manually recreating it would have meant losing the SPP you gained for casualties and any cash I might have one was made moot by the loss of two linemen.

Oddly enough I seem to have most crashes in CC matches, as I had the same in CC4, yet I've played 300+ MM matches with less than half a dozen crashes in 9 months. :(

13. Barninho

Country Flag:
    I think you should go with either a Runner/Apo or a Thrower/Apo. Both have their merits.

A Runner has the dauntless skill which will also be gold against the Lizards and having two means you can be pretty sure of taking down his high ST players on either side of the pitch. Block plus Dauntless is a nightmare for unskilled Sauri to deal with.

A Thrower could be as good if not better, just because of the Sure Hands. Having AG3 across the board having someone who can pick the ball up more reliably could be the difference between winning and losing. Also there'll be situations where you have to try and score quick and then the Pass skill gives you more of a chance.

At the moment I wouldn't add a Yhetee till the Wolves had Block and were more reliable. That's just me - the Yhetee is great fun but unreliable and I feel like the skills a Thrower or extra Runner bring would add more to the team at this stage.

14. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thrower unfortunately doesn't have sure hands, only pass - so he's a no-no for me. His only merit is leader ability on normal roll - but it's still only 20 TV difference (60 RR vs. 20 for a lvl and 20 more for a thrower comparing with lineman), with 7AV the reroll isn't sure in the second half, and I find three rerolls to be enough.

15. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    I'd go with the Runner + Apoth.

I like getting the Dauntless to help against big guys and it gives you normal access to Dodge + Sidestep.

Of course speaking as the Vamp coach you play next I'd prefer you get the turnover machine known as a Yhetee :p .

16. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    I second both Barns and Jrpearts call of going for a Runner and apoth. You should easily be able to win the next match, as Vamp vs Norse is a nightmare for the Vamp player. His Thralls will just get squashed to bits.

I'm surprised that with your starting roster you could still get 3 rerolls. Maybe Norse aren't as bad as i thought they were...

Norse to meet you - LOL. It still makes me laugh! :D

17. Barninho

Country Flag:
    Yeah and scratch that suggestion for the Thrower, as it was based on a skill he doesn't have...

18. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    update after two games:

#1 Attila Csihar Runner 3 SPPs
    #2 Maniac Runner 0 SPPs
    #3 Ihsahn, Lineman 0 SPPs
    #4 Garm, Lineman 8 SPPs, Dirty Player, -AV :mad: MNG
    #5 Fenriz, Lineman 3 SPPs
    #6 Nocturno Culto, Lineman 3 SPPs
    #7 Frost, Lineman 0 SPPs
    #8 Neige, Lineman 5 SPPs
    #13 Hunter Hunt-Hendrix, Berserker 0 SPPs
    #14 John Gossard,, Berserker 5 SPPs
    #15 Euronymous, Ulfwerner 0 SPPs
    #16 Varg Vikernes,, Ulfwerner 0 SPPs

3 RR
    1 FF
    Apo

19. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Match Day 3 game was played, it was GRIM, it was FROSTBITTEN, it was DEMONIC, and, of course, pretty Nuffly. :skull:
    details here

at last i have some proper level-ups:D

20. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Nicely done Hoverdog. It seems you have virtually assured yourself of making it through to the next round. And its nice to get some skills on your guys. Any thoughts on what you will give them? Perhaps tackle on the lineman and dodge on the runner? Also, how about your slush fund - you got enough for a reserve?