1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic The Morrslieb Howlers

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Smiler6310, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Smiler6310

Smiler6310 Member

Country Flag:
    Afternoon all,

I've been playing Necros in an online league and am doing ok with my current W/D/L record standing at 7/1/2.

My team looks like this

Wolf - +ST, Block (-MV) with 22 Spp's
    Wolf - Block, Dodge with 23 Spp's

FG - Block, Guard with 16 Spp's
    FG - Block with 11 Spp's

Ghoul - Block with 6 Spp's

Wight - Guard - 11 Spp's
    Wight - Guard, Dodge with 16 Spp's

Zombie - Guard with 10 Spp's
    Zombie with 0 Spp's
    Zombie with 0 Spp's
    Zombie with 0 Spp's
    Zombie with 0 Spp's

4 Rerolls, 1 assistant coach and 1 cheerleader with 4,000Gps in the bank.

My only Ghoul is being groomed as the ball handler with the intention to give him Sure Hands if he makes it to the next level. Is it worth buying a second Ghoul? To me they seem abit of a liablity with no regen and while I do see the point of making one into a sweeper I can't put him into my defense without dropping a more important players.

On defense, 3 Zombies go on the LOS, a Wight and Zombie go into each wide zone with the Zombie screening the Wight from the Blitz. In the centre go my 2 FG's 3 squares back from the LOS with a Wolf in the square directly behind them also shielded from the Blitz.

What do you think of a 2nd Ghoul? Any comments or suggetions on defense layout or team building greatly appreciated!

Cheers
    Chris

2. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Once (if?) the Wolves get Sidestep you could think about experimenting with placing one at the front on the wings with a Guard Wight behind him. Of course you don't really want to leave these players to get hit but Wolves can be especially dissuasive to your opponent's doing so, because with Frenzy (and so much Guard on the team) he's going to be worried about his Blitzer getting surfed. With Jump Up you could make this happen without even having to spend your Blitz.

This would create a spot in the back row that a defensively-built Ghoul could occupy (and a St 3 Mv 7 Dodge Wrestle Tackle Diving Tackle player would really fulfil that role well). However between the Wolves and the Wights you aren't exactly starved for pace, and, after all, you seem to be doing pretty well without..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  3. Smiler6310

Smiler6310 Member

Country Flag:
    Cheers for the reply John!

Am now 7/1/3 after my last match against Dwarves............7 Guards, 7 MB's and 5 piling on leading to a extremely boring game! God how I hate Dwarves!

I like the idea about the Sidestep Wolves but IF they make it I'm going with Stand Firm, I think it couples with Frenzy better. Only 1 change to the roster after last game, my FG with Guard is now at 21 Spp's.

Plse keep the advice coming! :)

Cheers
    Chris

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    You would need a double roll to get stand firm on a wolf, and if you use the double on that I will have to spank you death with a soft spagettistring. You should take Migthy Blow on a double on a wolf - without blinking:pow:

5. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

Indeed Sidestep is a normal skill for a Werewolf and in some ways it's better then Stand Firm.

6. Smiler6310

Smiler6310 Member

Country Flag:
    Cheers for the replies guys, had it in my head Stand Firm was a general skill - that'll teach me! Trust me if I do roll a Double on either Wolf, Mighty Blow will be picked! :D

After 15 games I'm 10/2/3, not a bad little record in what is a fairly tough bash league. My opponents have gone like this:

Chaos x 1 - Won
    Chaos Dwarf x 1 - Drawn
    Chaos Pact x 4 - Won three, drew one
    Dark Elf x 2 - Won one, lost one
    Dwarf x 1 - Lost
    Liazrdmen x 1 Lost
    Norse x 2 - Won two
    Orc x 1 - Won
    Undead x 1 - Won
    Underworld x 1 - Won

The team now looks like this:

Wolf - +ST, Block (-MV, -MV) with 22 Spp's
    Wolf - Block, Dodge, Sidestep with 37 Spp's

FG - Block, Guard with 29 Spp's
    FG - Block, Dodge with 16 Spp's

Ghoul with 3 Spp's

Wight - Guard, Mighty Blow -22 Spp's
    Wight - Guard, Dodge with 18 Spp's

Zombie with 2 Spp's
    Zombie with 0 Spp's
    Zombie with 0 Spp's
    Zombie with 0 Spp's
    Zombie with 0 Spp's

4 Rerolls, 1 assistant coach, 1 cheerleader, 10 Fanfactor with 6,000Gps in the bank.

I've lost a Guard zombie and the blodge Ghoul in the past few games both dead and the S4 Wolf is now down to Mv6 only, what do you think is he worth keeping? I think he is but he is also a big Tv investment......

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  7. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

He is still a Str4 Mv6 guy so he's not terrible yet. On the other hand he's starting to get to the same level as the Flesh Golems and you already have two of them while the Mv8 he had previously is a very nice and somewhat rare thing... I could see either option being good.

8. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Firstly, nice team name. Secondly, I'm really jealous of your 29 SPP Flesh Golem. *grumble*

I'd personally get another Ghoul once your first one has Block for some protection. If you don't want to risk two AV7 no-Regen players on the pitch at the same time, like John says you can just use him when kicking and make him into a defensive player. I'd also use him as a back-up ball carrier if the offensive Ghoul gets injured during a game, rather than taking a Wight of the mixer and losing Guard or taking a Werewolf out and losing one of your Claw/crowd-surfing threats. Then again, I do like to use both Ghouls when kicking as well, so my main carrier is at more of a risk.

The Werewolf is an awkward one and I'm not sure what I'd do, so just go with your gut or toss a coin. :p

9. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    Well MV6 S4, block Wolf is an easy keep, use him as more of a linebreaker with all that guard around. I would avoid MB on the doubles (Maybe take nerves...?) as the S4 wolf should be doing all the blitzing. Even a further Niggle / MV / AG break I would still keep and think off him as a S4 claw wight (who are great players). The 2nd wolf would be great as a runner, get him fend / Catch / Side-step. I always wanted a great catcher wolf and with S3 and blodge are as always very hard to put down.

With a Mv6 wolf now I feel you need the 2nd ghoul now (even more so you have lost the blodger). If you can keep him back lending assists and ready to chase down any runners he should survive. They both need block ASAP. Whats your TV?