The real sign up place for season III

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
This is it guys - time for some more madness in the cellars below somewhere.

Houserules:

Any team entering must be either new or have only played in previous DuCTA´s.

Only official maps or maps approved by the league are eligble - so far that is only official maps.

Lowest TV team get to choose the map. In case of equal TV you will play on Catacombs.

Only 24 turns! Should a match go to 24 turns then it is a draw. I will create a dummy team to DC in order to ensure that both teams get SPP.

Should we reach 12 teams or more, then the teams will be split in 2 groups, one with mostly rookies. Below 12 teams and we just play against each other.

Playoffs will aim at roughly 2/3 teams to get through - this will depend on number of teams to enter and thus could very well be changed.

A seperate thread will be started to debate the houserules should any have some questions - this is only for sign ups:D

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Tys123

Titch and the Gang

TV 2070

I am on holiday from the 13th of June to the 27th so will it be OK to catch up on the missed matches when I get back.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
May as well sign up for another bout of extreme randomness! :rolleyes:

danton

Mean Green Machine

Can't remember the tv of the team. It's probably somewhere around 1900.

Sudonym

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I was going to sign up, but I'd be playing a brand new team and your TVs are all intimidating...

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I think I only have 2 players with 2 skills.

The TV is mainly from having a 16 man squad so you always have another player to bring on.

Getting 800K in inducements will get you a star or 2 and a bench so the difference shouldn't be that great.
You are not even going to be facing lots of players with block.
All the sidestep and Stand Firm may be annoying though.

Getting to pick the dungeon is a huge advantage.
A team with a deathroller in the crossing will be a nightmare to play against.
Equally a fast agility team playing in Doom can beat the bash teams quickly.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
I'm away from 9th - 19th June, but if that isn't a barrier to me entering then:

Ging

Bright Alliance

TV 1530 (including a pending normal skill roll)

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
This tourney have never had a tight schedule and will most likely never have one. As long as we have a general idea as to availability then we will just plan from that:powdodge:

Smakapotomus

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Smakapotomus
Country Flag
I'm intrigued and confused all at the same time. Pretty normal state when playing Blood Bowl I'd say. That being said if you need a rookie punching bag then I will certainly throw a team into the mix.

Name: TBD
Race: TBD

PS - Figured this would get seen first for a quick question. Does this league require Dungeonbowl? Currently $15.99 US on steam?

Last edited:

Gyasi

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Gyasi
Country Flag
Because I love being a rookie I'm joining

Follow the Left Wall

1000TV or so

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
PS - Figured this would get seen first for a quick question. Does this league require Dungeonbowl? Currently $15.99 US on steam?

It does. And there's a version for 14.99 too, but avoid that one. If the price difference is as small as it is now ($1) you might as well spring for the Ultimate edition, since it includes all the DLC.

(Or you could wait until next season, hoping for a sale until then, all depending upon your price sensibility)

Gyasi

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Gyasi
Country Flag
It does. And there's a version for 14.99 too, but avoid that one. If the price difference is as small as it is now ($1) you might as well spring for the Ultimate edition, since it includes all the DLC.

(Or you could wait until next season, hoping for a sale until then, all depending upon your price sensibility)

dammit, i was unaware of that when I bought it a year ago, didn't even seen there was an ultimate edition.... well now I can't take my mind of those DLC... off to buy the ultimate...

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Count me out.

I can't remember the last time I played another 16 man bash team that finished within 24 turns.
It just doesn't happen.
I don't see the point in playing a game for over an hour when you know that without a miracle it will be a draw.

Plus I don't like the fact that a coach of an agility team decides to make it easier for them to win without any sort of discussion. It is like a dwarf coach suddenly deciding to ban Claw.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Count me out.

I can't remember the last time I played another 16 man bash team that finished within 24 turns.
It just doesn't happen.
I don't see the point in playing a game for over an hour when you know that without a miracle it will be a draw.

Plus I don't like the fact that a coach of an agility team decides to make it easier for them to win without any sort of discussion. It is like a dwarf coach suddenly deciding to ban Claw.

Why not just take part in the debate and try to influence things:powdodge: Nothing is set in stone and there is a thread for the purpose of debating houserules, the above statement is just plain stupid as there is plenty of room for discussion - as there has always been when I run a league;)

Sudonym

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I honestly think it's unnecessary to limit games to 24 turns, if I'm being honest. I've never had depitching be a real game changer, especially since I assume this is a more fun-haver league than, say, the BC. That said, I've not played a lot, so I could easily be wrong.