1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic The Road to Ottawa

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by martybhoy, Jan 18, 2020.

1. martybhoy

martybhoy Active Member

Country Flag:
    The Road to Ottawa

Good day sports fans! This is the story of a feisty Necromantic team and their quest for Gold and Glory (or should that be Guts and Gorey) at one of the largest NAF events held in North America, the Amorical Cup, which takes place in June 2020 in Ottawa, Canada.

https://amoricalcup.com/current/rules/

This blog will cover aspects of the journey such as painting, roster decisions, tournament reports (both on and off the field), hopefully a guest report or two and any other tid-bits that I deem relevant or funny at the time.

More to follow...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Supa likes this.
  2. martybhoy

martybhoy Active Member

Country Flag:
    Chapter 1

One for the road

This Journey, like most, begins with a departure. My departure was from Chaos Dwarf, a race that I fell in love with and coached pretty much exclusively since picking up Blood Bowl just over two years ago. I had entered Chorf teams into two NAF events: The 4 Nations cup (Rez. event W1T3L1) and Deathbowl XVII (Four player madness! W1T2L1). I also chose Chaos Dwarf for a local TT league here in Montreal where I went all the way to the playoff final and won! Some of you may also remember Woe Vale Grievers, the team I played for nine seasons in Big Crunch 2, going all the way to Altdwarf before the team got destroyed in the first half of my first game in the top league by the reigning champions of the division ... (thanks @stephB)

So, with Chorf now benched, I was on the lookout for another race to call my own. But which? I knew I wanted to try something different from the slow bash. I also wanted to improve as a blood bowl coach... so no tier one teams. I decided that I was not ready for AV7 teams either and AG4 Elves seemed too far in the other direction. In the end it came down to Humans or Necromantic and I went with Necro mainly because of the wolves.

With the second season of the SWBBL (TT league) fast approaching, the search began for a team of miniatures. There were few to choose from, GW has not yet released a Necro team for BB2016 and I was not overly impressed with the indy teams I had found online. That is, until I saw the teams from both Willy Miniatures and Greebo Games. I loved the Flesh Golems on the Willy Minis team but the Werewolves on the Greebo team were, in my opinion, far superior and, since the wolves are the focal point of the team, I went with the Necromantic team from Greebo Games.

I was very happy with the look of the team right out of the box. The detail was excellent and there were very few imperfections. In fact, I missed a few mould lines all together, only noticing them after applying the base coat. I was missing one zombie from the pack but the manufacturer posted it to me as soon as I contacted him and it arrived before I had even opened the box to begin assembly on the rest.

I now had ten days to assemble and ready the team for my opening league match... I failed. However, I did manage to get them glued up and primed with the idea being that I would paint them up as the season progressed.

Team Photo
    Faux Bee Yeahs.jpg
    I will update this picture as I work on the team.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  3. martybhoy

martybhoy Active Member

Country Flag:
    Chapter 2

A long road... but not a lonely road.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  4. martybhoy

martybhoy Active Member

Country Flag:
    Chapter 3

Road test