1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rogue-Likes

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by 2Dimensional, Apr 19, 2014.

1. 2Dimensional

2Dimensional New Member

Cyanide Username:
    2Dimensional
    Country Flag:
    Hello and welcome to the Rogue-Likes, a pro elf team I will have the pleasure of coaching this season in lieu of my slann (there are 6 frogs left, three crippled, the least said about that the better), as the coach of the elves had to pull out due to personal problems. Introducing the lovable rogues themselves (that's the theme too :p):

Blitzers- 7348 - Block, Side Step

1) Jack Sparrow - Dodge, Guard - 28spp

2) Han Solo - Dodge - 13 spp

Thrower- 6347 - Pass

1) Ezio di Auditore - Accurate, Dodge - 22 spp

Catchers- 8347 - Catch, NoS

1) Nathan Drake - Mighty Blow - 14spp

2) Tony Stark - Wrestle, Dodge - 18spp

3) Jake Peralta - +st, Dodge - 27spp

Linemen- 6347

1) Edmund Blackadder - Kick - 6spp - MNG

2) Harry Flashman - 2spp

3 Rerolls, Apothecary, 5FF

1370 TV with loners and missing players, 1390 without MNGs

Fancier roster in the works, I have limited time and excel skills.

Ok. This team. One awesome Blitzer, two potential-heavy catchers (the +st utility and the killer) and two solid players in the wrodge catcher and accurate, dodge thrower. Oh, and virtually no linemen, with the only skilled one MNG'd literally as early as possible on his first game with the skill (cas'd on a blitz kickoff) and three kinda missing, dead or presumed so. (One death, one concussion, one collarbone). The issue here is crazy awesome positionals and no solid players to back them up. The two blitzers help to an extent but we need linemen skills, pronto.

Team development plans, match scouting and fluff to follow, any advice much appreciated. Until then, my name is 2D, and you stay classy, BB tactics. :powdodge:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
  2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Nice.

Will you be running the linemen on the same theme as the first two, or trying to come up with other rogues? (Since linemen on elf teams are among the most sidekicky characters of them all. They can do impressive stuff, but they are definitely only there to die instead of a hero)

3. 2Dimensional

2Dimensional New Member

Cyanide Username:
    2Dimensional
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Nik. More stuff in the works, kinda busy at the moment though. There will be a mystery celebrity guest appearing in the first fluff episodes, place your bets :p. Making linemen the sidekicks might be fun, I'm thinking sidekicks from the rogues that make up the positionals! So Joshamee Gibbs, Jarvis, Chewie etc. I'll have a chat with the admins and see if that's ok.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  4. 2Dimensional

2Dimensional New Member

Cyanide Username:
    2Dimensional
    Country Flag:
    The FBBI (Federation of Blood Bowl Investigators) file lay open at the page of the Rogue-Likes. The investigators, a pair of cunning skaven, had grown weary of filing the reports and knocked off for a cup of warp-powder brew. If one could read it, buried deep in the caverns beneath Baraz White-Peak, hidden in catacombs so immense and twisting none could navigate them without magic, this is what it would read. That is, if the page had not been lost, torn from the book by a befurred hand working in haste to pack up its notes on the overland journey to the FBBI headquarters. An urchin in the street, attracted by the fluttering parchment, would have seen these words, scribbled in am untidy hand. Excepting, of course, the possibility that the crumpled page, about to be snatched by a grubby hand, should be speared by the spiked horseshoe of a Druchii messenger. Later, when the Dark Elf dismounted his horse at the mouth of the Redthorn river, saw the scrap of torn parchement impaled on the foot of his mount, and read the cramped font, he would have seen these words. Unfortunately, that never happened. Riding at full tilt down a country road, the envoy was not prepared for the sudden, squelchy impact of a gobbo striking him in the chest, disintegrating on collision but in that, knocking him off the steed. He leapt to his feet, some say. Others that he was stunned and unable to react. Regardless, his body was found discarded at the side of the road, choppa still buried in his chest and his mount charred and half eaten. The tooth marks would suggest orcs, concluded the Witch Elf.

Ratbag, the 'ard boy who had done in the elf, was feeling extra 'ard today, for, clenched in his lumpy hand, was a bag of teef from the shaman, certainly enough for a boar. He'd always wanted a boar. Ratbag had gained this dental donation by handing in a scroll he'd found, pinned to the foot of the spiky elf's horse. Hiding it, he reckoned. Dem elves woz kunning, to be sure, but no one woz more kunning den Ratbag. Regrettably, Ratbag would have found it difficult to think or even hold a bag of teef. Burnt corpses rarely can. The orcs, fresh from the success of the ambush, clumped together, driven into a frenzy by the power of the Waaagh! Ratbag thought about the paper he had taken and smiled, arm, drenched in blood, raised aloft in triumph. It was rather hot, he noted. Was orange. Dat woz weird, he thought. Fought dem darkies 'ad blue blud. Hey! Some git's set me arm on fire! I'll rip is teef out! Dats odd. I'm floating and deres a git oo looks just like me dere, but e's all on fire! Must be a black orc, da fool. Ey, oo's dis geezer floating around like e owns da place? Dis is public land! Calls imself deff and sez I gotta come wiv im. More battles or sumfing.

And so Ratbag faded from the mortal plane. And here is where one came to own the scroll. Not he who had fireballed the cluster of orcs, or he who bested a troll in single combat. No, he who had ordered the fire and the sword and the death. He who gazed into the ball and spied the parchment travelling between hosts, divined it's incredible purpose. Now, a wizard held the scroll. And he was really pissed off. Lighting crackled around his bastion. Meteors pounded the farmland encircling it. Unseasonal ice storms caused many deaths, and the questing party who had been ordered to retrieve the parchment also died, unable to withstand the rush of black anger from the mage to whom they delivered it. Death was coming, and there was Nuffle to pay.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  5. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Great theme, I like the presence of both Blackadder and Flashman :D

6. 2Dimensional

2Dimensional New Member

Cyanide Username:
    2Dimensional
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Rem :) the players weren't mine, but the theme is! I took over the team and changed the names and theme, with the owners permission of course. Yeah, I think Gilderoy Lockhart will be the next lineman haha. Blackadder isn't really a rogue, but flashman is certainly a cowardly, lecherous, cunning cad and so worthy of his place on the team! Any other suggestions for positional names?(Not that I'm running out of ideas :p) 4th catcher will be next purchase bar a loner doing well in a game and earning a hiring. Team development to come,wwatch this space!

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Blackadder the third was a rogue that finally stole the entire kingdom, though. So he qualifies. As does the Christmas (New years) special one.

8. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Every version of Blackadder save the Black Prince of Season 1 is a cunning rogue hampered purely by the antics of Baldrick and his own smug sense of accomplishment, both of which tended to cause his planning to fail in an abrupt manner.

Love the theme though 2D, very nice. Can I put out a suggestion for other rogue names?

Off the top of my head: The Artful Dodger (Oliver Twist - great elf name too); Sinbad (Sinbad/ Arabian Nights); Moist von Lipwig (Discworld) and Del Boy (Only Fools and Horses).

9. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    I was expecting players with names like Angband and Nethack.

10. 2Dimensional

2Dimensional New Member

Cyanide Username:
    2Dimensional
    Country Flag:
    I suppose Blackadder is a rogue, not sure if he's a lovable one though, hmm. Not that it matters, with my luck in players he'll be dead in a game or so.

Thanks Val, those are some great suggestions. I love them all but I think the Artful Dodger (awesome name for an elf) will be the fourth catcher! The rest will come in, I'm sure, when I finally get some linemen :p

Ahh, doomy, that's the cleverness of the pun you see. Although that would be a great theme too :) (Dwarf Fort the catcher, methinks. As nuffle has a sense of humour, he'd probably get killed by either a dwarf loner, or something completely unrelated, like a thrown halfling. Oh well).

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  11. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    On a similar note, I think everyone can guess the ultimate fate of the Artful Dodger.

12. 2Dimensional

2Dimensional New Member

Cyanide Username:
    2Dimensional
    Country Flag:
    Yes. I will have to have a word with the head of PR regarding the monitoring of thrown rocks from the crowd. Equally, can you guess what his first skill will be? A cookie for the first person to get it right :p

13. Valokiloren

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Oh! I know, I know! It'll be Claw, obv.

14. 2Dimensional

2Dimensional New Member

Cyanide Username:
    2Dimensional
    Country Flag:
    Close but no cigar.
    It's Foul Appearance, being an orphan is a tough life. Also, they smell
    Only check beneath the spoiler if you don't want to play any more. Remember, if you cheat, no cookies for you.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  15. Valokiloren

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    Hypnotic Gaze, because he's trying to look so sweet and innocent that the opposition stop protecting their wallets.

16. 2Dimensional

2Dimensional New Member

Cyanide Username:
    2Dimensional
    Country Flag: