The "Should I fire this guy or not?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
It is still a 4+. It just means he can move 1 square less. So he does want replacing but it could wait a while. If you still needs catchers and throwers you could get them 1st.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
It is still a 4+. It just means he can move 1 square less. So he does want replacing but it could wait a while. If you still needs catchers and throwers you could get them 1st.

I'm tempted to already replace, just to have the tree for next game vs lezard (one of the best opponent for it...). Atm I don't want a second catcher and probably my second wardancer is unnecessary. My team has just too much skilled linelfs!

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
It is wardancers that beat lizards not trees.
If you only have 1 dancer then a failed leap followed by a foul and they can just play it safe and grind out a 2-1 win.
As long as you have a dancer on the pitch it is risky for them to try and stall as you can just leap in for a 2D blitz on the ballcarrier.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
It is wardancers that beat lizards not trees.
If you only have 1 dancer then a failed leap followed by a foul and they can just play it safe and grind out a 2-1 win.
As long as you have a dancer on the pitch it is risky for them to try and stall as you can just leap in for a 2D blitz on the ballcarrier.

You didn't see the rest of my team :evil:

acrozatarim

Rookie
Country Flag
Undead team ghoul, gets +AG as their first level up - yay, thinks I, and they do a great job as the ball-handler for a few matches. Then I unwisely over-extend them during a chance for an equaliser in the final turns of a match, and they get injured - -MV stat bust. Damn!

But they got enough SPPs that match to hit level 3, whereupon I roll a double 6.

So, an AG4, ST4 ghoul with only MV6. Obviously the -MV isn't by itself enough to justify firing this nearly-a-vampire super-ghoul... is it? That's a lot of TV for a not-very-fast ball-handler.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
Undead team ghoul, gets +AG as their first level up - yay, thinks I, and they do a great job as the ball-handler for a few matches. Then I unwisely over-extend them during a chance for an equaliser in the final turns of a match, and they get injured - -MV stat bust. Damn!

But they got enough SPPs that match to hit level 3, whereupon I roll a double 6.

So, an AG4, ST4 ghoul with only MV6. Obviously the -MV isn't by itself enough to justify firing this nearly-a-vampire super-ghoul... is it? That's a lot of TV for a not-very-fast ball-handler.

Definitely keep, that guy is a beast. You'll need to protect him and hurry to get to 51SPP for Block.

Microcuchon

Veteran
Steam Username
microcuchon
Cyanide Username
microcuchon
Country Flag
That ghoul deserves to die on a pitch, not just to get retired. He will get bored in Florida

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
This isn't my team but a friend and I were talking about his team.

A Necromantic Ghoul with 8247; Dodge, Block, Fend (180k in TV). This is a TT team with the new 2016 rules including redrafting and D3 MVP. The Necro team is around 1600TV total with an AG4 Blodgestep Werewolf as well.

JaspersaurusRex

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Tasteytaco
Cyanide Username
Jaspersaurusrex
Country Flag
Ghoul. Block sidestep str 4 - agil
So I have four blodging ghouls and a blodging wight. I just got sure hands on another one so the str 4 is no longer get the ball carrier. I like to blitz with my pomb wight or my tackle wight. He is useful in defense but I can't Dodge with him anymore. He is a lot of TV.
What I have been doing with him since his injury is lining him up between the mummies as a lineman hoping for either nature to take its course or to screw with my opponent. I mean...A blodgestep str 4 lineman can really throw a wrench in someone's offensive plays. I was thinking either keep him and grab frenzy or diving tackle or sacking him out right. Suggestions?

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I would not sack him unless the TV makes a big difference (and even then I'd keep him), he's still Str 4 blodge sidestep which is a real pain to deal with. Dodge is a 75% chance if only 1 tackle zone. If he levels up Break Tackle not a bad option on doubles though I'd probably take Guard, or on normals Strip Ball, or Frenzy, or DT as you say. Even at 160 TV and an Agi bust he is still a very good player. He'll die soon enough I expect so enjoy him whilst you can.

JaspersaurusRex

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Tasteytaco
Cyanide Username
Jaspersaurusrex
Country Flag
I would not sack him unless the TV makes a big difference (and even then I'd keep him), he's still Str 4 blodge sidestep which is a real pain to deal with. Dodge is a 75% chance if only 1 tackle zone. If he levels up Break Tackle not a bad option on doubles though I'd probably take Guard, or on normals Strip Ball, or Frenzy, or DT as you say. Even at 160 TV and an Agi bust he is still a very good player. He'll die soon enough I expect so enjoy him whilst you can.
I considered the break tackle but after 18 games I have rolled two doubles on skill ups and one is the str that he got. Strip ball might work but why may as well take tackle at that point. At least it does something when you aren't hitting the carrier. Also considered shadowing. I dunno. Guess I will roll with him a few more games and see what happens. He may be my safest player if I stick him in between two mummies.

JCan

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
JCan
Country Flag
Recently niggled Orc Thrower with Block and AG4.

Thoughts?

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Recently niggled Orc Thrower with Block and AG4.

Thoughts?

AGI 4 is huge for me when it comes to Orc Throwers. I would keep him even with the Niggle, because he's not meant to get hit a ton as ball-carrier, and I would probably make him into a proper passer of some kind as well so that if he gets threatened you can move the ball safely to a different player.

Status
Not open for further replies.