1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Snotballz' Revenge Foundation

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Dalryk, Aug 15, 2012.

1. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    thanks for the reply dalryk.
    that is a very good point about playing all secret weapons and no bribes available. just couldn't help myself :) will try to get to 16 players asap, or not replace a dead bomber (as much fun as he is). by 15-20 games in I should start getting inducements.

as to the fanatic, I think just behind the los is a pretty safe spot for him. would rather him on offence, but so far I have kicked in all 5 games I have played :/.

FUMBBL :: Online Blood Bowl League
    very funny game on fumbbl you might enjoy if you have an account there (fanatic had a blinder on defense)
    really thought you had a guide out on the interwebs, but either way, looking forward to the goblin Christmas :)

2. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Oh yes please, I want my Christmas now! :D

3. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
  4. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Listing to the podcast right now, I think my mind is pretty much set now that season 4 onwards in Big Crunch I will be using just a Goblin team.

To be honest Leap is something I never considered for a Looney and I think I may give it a try and my next one to level up to see how that goes for me.

Very interesting so far.

5. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    awesome stuff dalryk. very interesting.

6. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Very interesting podcast, I definitely need to catch more Snotballz games in the new year to see all of it in action :)

7. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    Don't do it, man!! It can only end in disaster...

8. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Its only something ill try a game or 2 before I plan to sack the looney due to him leveling up in the first place and not getting doubles for Dirty player. With Obvious possibility of keeping him if it somehow goes well.

9. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    The new season is upon us, and the Snotballz can now see the challenge before them. In order of appearance, the Snotballz' opponents are as follows:

MD1 - Imaginary Friends - Necro - 1810TV
    MD2 - To Be Announced - High Elf - 1900TV
    MD3 - Rickson by Armbar - Orc - 2060TV
    MD4 - OCC New Orcz Giantz - Orc - 1950TV
    MD5 - Look into my Eyes - Vampire - 1900TV
    MD6 - Cruor Imbibo II - Vampire - 1850TV
    MD7 - RedToof Rokk-Chuckas - Orc - 1900TV
    MD8 - Bubble Buttalion - Amazon - 1650TV
    MD9 - Birds of Freedom - Dark Elf - 1660TV

Overall the schedule looks pretty good, although facing Orcs twice in a row will be tough. Having the two Vampire teams back to back might cause problems as well, or they might be a walkover - who knows?!

The TV values are a bit lower than I'm used to, so there's going to be a lot of pressure on the Snotballz' roster. But they should be generally high enough to do what I want, and the lowest teams aren't till the end of the season, so maybe they'll have improved a bit.

10. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    While I'm at it, I might as well put together another list of objectives for this season, as there's a lot of opportunity here.

First up though, the current roster:

[​IMG]

And from that - my goals:

1. Promotion back to Tier 2. The Snotballz are well and truly used to playing with the big boys, so that's where they need to be. Ideally the goblins should aim for promotion in their own right (1st-3rd place), but I'll take a bonus promotion again if one's on offer. I'd say I need to come in at least 5th to make that happen.

2. HMP Bomber. He's sitting on 5 SPPs, so I just need to get him a completion to get the chance. Still only a slim chance, but better than nothing!

3. Get both Trolls to Level 3. With a doubles roll on each of them, they just need a complementary skill to become really useful. Just need to stomp some heads.

4. Wrappaball to Legendary (or die trying). He's sitting on 122 SPPs right now, so only 55 more to go ;)

5. Replacement for Wrappaball. Untouchaball is the obvious candidate, but who knows where the vagaries of the season will take us?

6. Another Dirty Player. Pretty straightforward, more fouls for goodness!

7. 1 million gold in the Treasury. There's no real need for this one, but it would be kinda cool to achieve with goblins anyway. With 720k currently in the bank, we only need 280k more....

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  11. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    That's a lot of spp on a goblin... good luck this season. Don't be shy with those rare but fantastic match reports! ;)

12. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    I have been a bit lax with the game details haven't I? Maybe this week I'll have enough time on my hands to do a proper write-up. More likely if I win of course :D

Lucky for you I think I'm in with a fairly good chance....

[​IMG]

Strengths and Weaknesses

Long time readers will know that the Snotballz tend to fare pretty well against Necro teams. Flesh Golems are no match for Trolls, and their limited ball-handling options mean there are plenty of weak points to attack.

Werewolves can be a threat, but helpfully this team's are pretty undeveloped. And their most dangerous one comes with an Av bust! Importanty, neither of them have Tackle, which makes them much less threatening. In fact, the only Tackle on the entire team sits on one of their ghouls. And ghouls are extra squishy :)

Inducements

TV difference currently sits at exactly 400, but he still has two level-ups to apply (on numbers 1 and 8), so I'm probably looking at more like 440.

That would put me right at the magic 420 zone, but for the fact that I've only got 13 players available at the moment. So the most likely approach will be to drop my cheerleader, and pick up 2 more goblins, which will leave 370 for Ripper + 2 Bribes.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Looks very winnable for you. I killed his Ag 4 wolf a couple of seasons ago with my replacement Orcs. You're welcome! :p

14. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    If it was your replacement Goblins I would have been most grateful and congratulatory. But I can't be supportive of Orcs, the dirty stinking brutes. :p

Game is on in 15 minutes....

15. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Sadly, I am at work so cannot watch, however I will check for the result in this thread in a few hours when im on Lunch.

Good luck Dalryk.

16. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Good luck....get a pelt or two

17. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    Erm, when I said "15 minutes", I really meant "1 hour and 15 minutes". Or as it currently stands, 50 minutes.

You'd think after all this time I'd have worked out the whole international timezone thing. Apparently not!!

18. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    so...how did it go :)

19. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    Not so well....

The Snotballz won the toss and elected to receive, with an eye to fielding the bomber and trying to get him an early completion. But the Pouring Rain put paid to that idea, so it was the standard offensive plan instead.

Things went well at first, with Wrappaball collecting the ball and getting safely behind the Trolls. But while the goblin were able to work the ball up field without too much risk, they weren't managing to cause any injuries, with the Necro coach keeping his vulnerable players well protected behind useless Zombies. Instead it was the Snotballz who were gradually losing players, to the point that an early score in T4 became the best option.

That left the Necro 5 turns to equalise, a task that became incredibly simple when the bomber took out two of the Trolls with his first and only throw. The Snotballz did manage to pick up a few casualties at last though, including one of the Wights. But a 1-1 scoreline at half time with the Necro still to receive did not bode well.

With both the Fanaticc and the Looney back on the field, the goblins put up a brave fight in the second half though. A couple of early KOs and some aggressive positioning saw the Necro outnumbered and boxed in on the sidelines - Fanatic and Looney looming to cause some trouble. But it all fell apart when the Fanatic snakeyed a GFI and took himself out instead of the Necro ball carrier, ultimately handing the Necro the momentum and the match.

It was one of those games where just one or two dice rolls would have completely reversed the outcome, unfortunately those rolls went in the necro's favour. Aside from the Fanatic's snakeyes, other highlights include Bumble failing all 7 Pro rolls, a failed GFI to hit his ball carrier, and my lone gangfoul causing a cas on his wolf, only to have it regen and my player sent off. :rolleyes:

The rain was particularly annoying as it didn't cause him any problems, failing one pick-up/hand-off out of 5, and even that failure bounced off a lone adjacent player and right back to be caught again. Whereas the Snotballz only managed one successful pick up all game, importantly failing to collect the ball for the last-ditch 1TTD attempt.

So it's a game I could have won, but didn't. And that's sure to come back and bite me at the end of the season. No-one important died though, so that's something.

20. Altashheth

Country Flag:
    Sounds similar to my opening game.... With your next opponent, I tried to cause a significant cas but his apoth healed his -1av on the already niggled guard piece..... I had 1 successful pro out of 9 attempts I think... Keep an eye on that mv9 sidestepping ottd catcher and he likes to throw with 9 passes in our game.... Does this mean you'll be following after me all season?