1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Snotballz' Revenge Foundation

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Dalryk, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Good to hear from you, Dalryk!

140k is a LOT on a Goblin team... On the other hand, I see a lot of potential in this one, in addition to being a great ball carrier and ball retriever, he is also a pretty reliable long range blitzer at ST3, only needs one assist to remove most markers. Overall, I think it's worth a try :D

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hardest call there. Sure Hands helps for oneturning tries and generic carrying, strength.. well, sometimes that's good too I suppose

3. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    Sure Hands seems like the smart choice.

I've played with St3 before (and even St4), and it doesn't seem to achieve a lot. You probably really need a second double for Block/Wrestle to get maximum use out of it.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Or get agility or something like that.

5. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Not really the same I realise but I took sure hands on a skink that rolled 6+6 - pretty sure it's been more useful. The only thing that made me hesitate is that turning down the +ST makes it less likely you'll end up with a jaw dropping (expensive) freak in the future.

6. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    That's actually very useful to hear, thanks NieA7.

Sure Hands it is!

7. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I took surehands on my last Poger that rolled doubles.

It was useful for the 1 game it was used in until he died to some dirty dwarf blocker.

After that I figured it was a good time to get an Apothacary.

Grasshopper of Insecting will never be forgotten by me.

Interesting to see you are using a Poger now. I am using one on my new team but not really feeling like he is worth the inducements I am missing out from him. I know that if he dies as he had 2 normal level ups I won't be trying to save him.

What is your thoughts on the Poger? I know they are nice to help get throw team mate touchdowns as the ball retriever and sometimes can use leap to help getting through some tackle to score, but for the most part I don't feel that they are needed myself.

8. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, I still reckon they're not worth it on the whole.

I only took this one for the hell of it, because I had a bit of extra TV space and the season was already lost. And I would have fired him and replaced him with a goblin but for this double roll.

That said, there was one game recently where he was genuinely useful:

I was playing Chaos or Nurgle or something, and getting well and truly bashed. I think I had maybe 4 players left on the field. So when his ball carrier fell over on a GFI and dropped the ball, all I could do was get my pogo and a DT goblin to put TZs on it.

The DT goblin got blitzed away, and the pogo got surrounded, but that didn't stop Nuffle. Beastman comes in to pick up the ball, fumbles it straight to my Pogo, who rolls the 6 for the catch in 5 TZs! :D

Surrounded by Tackle and Diving Tackle pieces, any normal goblin would have been a goner. Stabbaball the Pogo didn't panic though. He made the heroic Leap to freedom, and legged it upfield as far as possible.

A half-assed screen kept him safe from a direct blitz, but he still ended up completely surrounded with Tackle/DT. He'd gotten that far though, and Nuffle wasn't about to let him down. One more heroic Leap, a Dodge, and some GFIs and he was in for the score!!

The Snotballz still lost the game of course. But he almost pulled off the unlikely draw. ;)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  9. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Yeah that is similar to me, get the rare occation where the Pogoers leap helps more than any normal gobbo would, but for the most part they are situational and you can't always count on him being there when you need him.

If you are already getting reasonable inducements anyway (Around the 420 mark is my prefered) then there is no harm in still having the pogoer. Mine has rolled normals both level ups so the moment there is a game where the TV gained from sacking him will be noteable, he is getting sacked.

Your expirence certainly sounds like an interesting game though, I may need to have a look through some from your season.

Hope you have a good run next season. Want to see the Snotballz get back to tier 1.

10. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I like a pogoer for the movement. I would take +1MV on a goblin, and the pogo gets it baked in from the start for the same TV. Leap is just a bonus, but dodging is normally better.

The only difference (I believe) is that you can't throw a pogoer, and that to me is not a huge downside.

11. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    If a Pogoer could be thrown he'd be a must have player on any Goblin roster.

12. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    You'd nearly double the cost of a goblin for a relatively minor boost in performance? Can't say I agree with that approach.

I prefer +Av to +Ma, just to have a piece that can stand in the way and take a hit. And even that is a marginal decision.

13. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    This is pretty much my view on a roll of +ma / av on a goblin, though I am not sure how often I would consider even the +AV myself.

The only time id take +MA would be if it was rolled on an already +AG piece or maybe the pogoer if I am using them.

I may also take +MA on a piece that has already used doubles for wrestle / block, though this would depend on the general tv difference between me and most other teams in the league.

Simply put you want a few invested goblins who can do something and don't mind being worth a fair amount of TV. Most your goblins you should be happy with just being unskilled cannon fodder to keep the important ones safer. Which is why a random +MA goblin with no other skills isn't really adding much to the team, at least the pogoer starts with the 3+ leaping option and 5+ interception chance to add something more for his 30k extra tv (That interception chance being increased has helped me recently).

And now reading through the above I appear to have rambled on a bit going way past the point so I will stop typing now.

Edit: Just going to add the above is just my opinion on the matter, you can do what you want with Goblin level up rolls.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  14. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    Hypothetical question:

Is there any interest in more Snotballz?

JCan and TravelScrabble like this.
  15. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    They are still going? Or a new Snotballz team? I wouldn't mind following them, love seeing goblins do well!

16. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    If you mean you are playing goblins again and are going to write about it then yes.
    Always good to see Chaos Dwarves getting humiliated by a goblin team.

17. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
  18. Dalryk

Dalryk Member

Steam Username:
    Dalryk
    Cyanide Username:
    Dalryk
    Country Flag:
    I've got a new team going in the Rebbl league. Trying to work out (a) if I have time to do a bunch of reports, and (b) what's the best platform to put them on

TravelScrabble likes this.
  19. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Honestly any platform is good as long as you post links in rebbl discord and BBT discord at the same time, Here's an invite for the BBT one https://discord.gg/hGSktf