1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modelling The wonders of Gobbo Science

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Captain Thorrek, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    I'm doing some conversion work on my chaos dwarf team, for Chaos Dwarf Blockers, I'm mainly using squigs "modified" with 40K Ork bits. (pre 3rd ed. BB). Is there a way I can put the pics up on here for you guys to give your thoughts on?

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I use photobucket and then just copy the IMG code they provide. I set the size to 240-320 I think somewhere around that. Else the pics show of as huge and reveal far to many little errors and spoil the overall effect when looking at the mini:powdodge:

3. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks! Here's the first conversion, I haven't painted it yet or anything, but at least it's ready for the primer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just got another one assembled, but I'll save that for after I wake up.

Thanks again for the help!:powdodge:

4. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Hmm, that looks a lot like the shoulder mount heavy plasma gun from the 40k "Space Ork" box sets of the early 1990s. Very old school. :)

5. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Exactly so, Gallows! :) I also ripped the power claws off two of them and made "Cuddles", here. His favorite hobby is getting hugs, when it's not off eating the interns somewhere. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Next ones I'm putting together are a couple of minis for my bull centaurs. This team isn't for competion, more for laughs... pretty much like all my teams.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  6. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Thanks for posting, Cuddles looks great. Post some close ups when he's painted up.

7. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    I want Cuddles. He looks so cute in a "Imma rip your face off and wear your skin as a hat" kind of way. Moar pictures please.

8. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Just put together one of my Bull Centaurs before I convert it (going to cover the ends with green stuff so it has black lab gloves). This one's William, while its twin is going to be Phillip, who I'm going to try to give a labcoat to. Both are from Reaper: Brain Horrors. I'd figure I'd go with something that looks like a schlocky B movie monster, to keep it fun and in the team's theme.

Well, here's William:

[​IMG]

And here it is with that most delicious size comparrison of all, the intern (yeah, this'll be a running gag with me as the hobgobbos will tend to be interns as they get broken up by the opposition).:skull::skull::skull:

[​IMG]

9. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    You should consider making some Day of the Tentacles as your hobgobs.

10. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    That's a good idea, only I haven't found anything good to take their place. There's one mini which I still have to pick up, instead of making it an experiment (Dwarf Blocker), but it's a small mini, so I'll put it with the interns (hobgobs) like you suggested. I pretty much have my minotaur and my coach to wait on coming in, and I think my team's pretty much all there, apart from assembling and painting them). I might need one more squig for a replacement, but it might make the team better looking all round.

Thanks, Netsmurf! :)

11. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Just got a new figure in, another from Reaper; a mind eater. This is going to take up a hobgob slot; Tik-Tik, the Mobile Playbook. Sorry for the fuzzy pic, but it's the best of the lot I took.

[​IMG]

Right now I ordered green stuff and white primer (not in the spray). Tik-Tik goes great with my team Colors (Black and white with I think a kind of glowy purple). Black for the claw tips, white for the legs, and a nice, glowing brain.

With that in mind, I got a couple questions. The first two are about painting: One for a black rubber look (lab gloves), and one for the glowing effect. The third is for using modeling putty... is there a tutorial you guys would recommend so I can improve my skill with it? I got one effect that came out good, that's it. (I cut off a dwarf's beard and modelled in a chind and bottom lip to give him a muttonchop-mustache combo for my dwarf pirate team. Came out pretty nice.

12. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Modeling stuff is an area I know absolutely nothing about. For the black gloves I would try to just paint black and the apply an extreme high light only and then use a gloss varnish. The gloving brain could be done with white base color, a wash with green and then highlight the brain so it is almost white exept for the deep areas of the brain.

13. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Well, one of my scientist minis from Reaper came in: Dr. Friedman, Mad Scientist. For a test, I put a Space Ork Head next to the figure...

[​IMG]

Nah, that didn't seem to fit, so a quick head change and a Mwahahahaha!!! later, (try it, it's therapeutic) and we have Lanky... Gobbo Scientist.

[​IMG]

It's not Coach "Dangly" Whazzits' mini, but it'll do for now. I also got a couple of Night Gobbo Netters, since with all the inspired horrors running around, some intern's gotta fetch them! :D

So, now I'm just waiting on the mini green stuff to make my minotaur, Harold, and I think I got all my minis for now! Now to paint them... :skull::skull::skull: