1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things they do look awful C-C-Cathey (S16 fluff)

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Supa, May 8, 2019.

1. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    The following coaches have been summoned to Cathey division.

@GobbieMarauder
    @Sataric
    @Poncho dlv
    @TheGuardDog
    @Kaiden
    @TomSchnizz
    @Vorpal_Rabbit
    @sammy77
    @Swuul
    @Kjelstad

Welcome gentlemen, new faces and veterans alike. With the exception of one season old goblins here, your team's journey begins in Cathey division. For now, while readying your teams for upcoming battles, why won't you fellows introduce yourselves here. Banter is appreciated, although I'd love to see actions on the field speak for themselves rather than witty words. While matches are scheduled on different threads, you're always free to return here to boast how awesome (or horrible) you and your team is, for example. What is mandatory for all you who haven't done so yet, is to create your teams and inform me about it. That way I can send out the tickets to everyone, so that we can start. After that you need to accept your tickets, then wait until we start the season and I create the match thread for you all, with more instructions. Official kick-off is scheduled to start next week on 15th of May (Wednesday).

The Who is Supa? I'm not trying to cause a b-big s-s-sensation. However if you wish to know what kind of a commissioner I am, there are three things I'm expecting from every single one of you:
    • The level of play in Big Crunch 2 is high, not to forget that the name of the game is Blood Bowl. While emotions are flowing wildly, you are expected to finish your season no matter how harsh it is (unless something pops up in life, but that's a complete different story). Also anything that is written in the rules, is allowed, or is not forbidden (so fouling is allowed, stalling isn't forbidden, for an example).
    • Stick to the timetable, or at the very least inform me and your opponent that next match is going to be difficult to schedule. Do not just disappear or leave your future opponent hanging until the last minutes when we are just about to roll to the next match week.
    • Don't be an a-hole. While banter is great in this game, know when it is going to too far. We're a friendly community and want to continue it that way. While games are tough and difficult, most importantly we're still here to have fun and have a good laugh... or, that's what we think we are doing before starting the game... :skull::skull::skull:

Pleased to follow your games this season and get to know you all. :) Feel free to post anything that has something to do with Cathey, be it anything between greetings to your fluffy imagination. Also especially new coaches, you might want to double check the following two links, just in case:

https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/
    https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/for-those-new-to-the-big-crunch-2.8580/

People try to put us d-down, but remember. During the past fifteen seasons in Big Crunch, even the greatest teams had to start from the very bottom.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Sataric and sammy77 like this.
  2. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Ticket watch over!
    There's only 8 of you for now, hopefully we can get two more coaches within one week. We'll see what happens if we cannot get a full division.

Remember, if you accept my tickets quickly (I'll try to be fast as well!) we could start the season at the very earliest on the weekend, to give you extra time for the first match day. This also works for future match days, faster you play, faster I can roll the match day. :)

I'll turn off my computer soon for today, will check the ticket situation again by tomorrow morning.

Edit: Swuul takes the 9th place. I'm sure he has his team in the division by tomorrow morning.

Edit2: Kjelstad takes the 10th place. Hopefully we can boot off the division in the evening!

3. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Cathey division Teams breakdown:
    Epäkuolijat (Undead), coached by @Swuul: Unfortunately for the rest of you all, you did get another experienced team (and a coach) in the division. This Undead team is really solid that could possibly manage well in tier 3. Despite that, all of you are going to get plenty of inducements against this team. If others can utilize them well enough, it could be the team's downfall. Barring that, we have a really strong package here.

Gobbie's Marauders
    (Goblin), coached by @GobbieMarauder: Second experienced team, although these guys are stunties. Last season was a season to forget for them, I do not see them doing much better this season either. However Dirty Player goblin is a key player in the team, so everyone expect to see plenty of carnage whenever playing against these gobbos (be it the goblins or the opposition!). Heavy snowballing is possible with goblins.

Crunch Club (Ogre), coached by @Kjelstad: Kjelstad is an experienced coach who's a strong candidate to take his vampires far in Big Crunch 2. Now he has a chance to show Ogre magic as a stunty replacement. I have absolutely no idea what's the best possible Ogre build, but this one has apparently chosen the middle road (5 ogres, 2 re-rolls). Despite that, they're stunties. I do not see them win many games this season. But do not take them as an easy prey, because ogres can cause punishing plays! Also, the coach has no pressure here as this team cannot promote.

Nippon Punch (Dark Elf), coached by @TomSchnizz: After many seasons in Altdwarf and t2, Tom retired his Necromantic team and settled for an Assassin build. Despite the memes, the coach is a battle-hardened veteran and the elves being elves alone can win games. Should be fighting for a promotion spot.

Who let the zons out (Amazon), coached by @Poncho dlv: Some of the best Skaven coaching I've ever seen, Poncho's team got mutilated last season in t2 after going undefeated the first two seasons. This race+combo looks like it should have no trouble promoting after this season. However... the division is shared by one dwarf and one chaos dwarf team. Handling those match ups are scary and most likely require extra carefulness compared to other games in this division.

Cult of Mithras (Vampire), coached by @Sataric: Sataric has chosen a slightly more conservative vampire build, going with "only" three vampires (where many have chosen four in Big Crunch 2). Sataric is an experienced coach, so he is capable of punishing mistakes with vampires. But it's also possible that vampires are too challenging, at least for this season. As Sataric himself said, this one might be a development season.

Goon Dads (Dwarf), coached by @Kaiden: New coach in Big Crunch 2, Kaiden has selected the most common dwarf build, which has also been proved time and time again to work. Dwarves are a great team out of the box for beginning leagues. If the coach is able to position his players well (one of the most difficult teams to do well), we have a strong contender for promotions here.

Kaaoksen kamalat Kätyrit (Chaos Dwarf), coached by @sammy77: Sammy changed his Khemri to Chaos Dwarves this season. Certainly much more impactful and friendlier choice to newer coaches (opponents might not agree though). This build is the safest one for league play I believe. Fighting for promotions, odds raise a lot if Sammy gets the hang of Chaos Dwarves quickly.

Losing In the Afterlife (Undead), coached by @TheGuardDog: Rookie Undead are one of the best teams at low team values in my opinion. They are forgiving to new coaches, but good coaches can utilize them so well that everything feels like a cakewalk early on. I'm still being a little careful here, just because the coach is a new face to me and the division is stacked with veterans.

Irritating Insects (Kislev), coached by @Vorpal_Rabbit: Many Kislev coaches argue that should a team have more blitzers or more catchers. Vorpal_Rabbit has decided to forego the catchers and take a bear! Bear is just like a krox, one of the best big guys in the game in my opinion. 4 rerolls are also great to stay competitive as a dicey race and to support the team's only blitzer to gain SPP. If the blitzer doesn't stay healthy this could be a scary season.

Replacement Flings (Halfling), coached by @tys123: Ordinary halfling build, but tys is one heck of a coach. Stunties are still stunties, so I do not expect these guys to reach far (not that they have to as a replacement team).

Ultimate predictions by Oracle Supa
    1. Epäkuolijat
    2. Who let the zons out
    3. Nippon Punch
    4. Goon Dads
    5. Cult of Mithras
    6. Losing In the Afterlife/Replacement Flings
    (I'm lazy)
    7. Kaaoksen Kamalat Kätyrit
    8. Crunch Club
    9. Irritating Insects
    10. Gobbie's Marauders

Don't like the predictions? Prove me wrong, this is meant to motivate you guys. And the ones who are satisfied with their higher prediction, don't get cocky, go out there and earn it for yourself. :cool:

And remember. Last season the coach who I predicted as #10 won the division... let us not speak about that anymore. :oops:

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Swuul and TomSchnizz like this.
  4. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Reserved.

5. sammy77

sammy77 Active Member

Steam Username:
    sammy_77
    Cyanide Username:
    sammy77
    Country Flag:
    Kaaoksen kamalat Kätyrit is waiting for a ticket.

Supa likes this.
  6. GobbieMarauder

GobbieMarauder Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    GoobieMarauder
    Country Flag:
    Every moment I yet live is a condemnation of the world.

Hello everyone, I look forward to losing to you but hopefully ruining something important of yours in the process. :)

sammy77 likes this.
  7. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    @Supa - I just can't get rid of you, can I? :p

Ticket accepted. I'm going to attempt to make this a building and learning season. This is my first time playing Vampires so I need to gather some coach SPP.

Looking forward to all the upcoming matches except those against any of the Dwarf variants - Nobody likes you! Go be short somewhere else!

8. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Tickets have been accepted. Now we still need few coaches to fill up the rest of the t4 divisions, including two coaches here. You're all encouraged to spread the word that Big Crunch 2 is the place to be, to shatter hopes and dreams.

9. TheGuardDog

TheGuardDog Member

Steam Username:
    TheGuardDog
    Country Flag:
    Hello my newfound enemies. I hope we can all have a great time stomping each other into the dirt. I personally look forward to turning as many of your star players into zombies as is physically possible. I'm new to this whole tourney thing, I just came across it and knew I had to sign up, just playing random matches makes it hard to get a real feeling of progression after a point I find... especially when everyone just concedes if things start going wrong with no real punishment so I look forward to a more punishing system.

sbr32 and Supa like this.
  10. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    You came to the right place, mate. :cool: Glad to have you with us.

11. TomSchnizz

TomSchnizz Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Tom Schnizz
    Cyanide Username:
    Le Bread masqué
    Country Flag:
    Howdy, looking forward to shanking y'all on the pitch! Maybe scoree some tds here and there too...

12. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    A new challenger is approaching! @Swuul joins the rumble. I'll accept his ticket today in the evening, if he's either joining with his old Undead. I can always send a new ticket to him if he wants to create a new team.

After that we're one coach short of starting the league. If we do not find anyone do not worry. There are active coaches in Big Crunch 2, so somebody will surely make a stunty replacement team for you all to mess around with. :)

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  13. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    Thank you, I'll join tonight with my UD team so we get this going.

Also, to avoid any possibly challengeable decissions on nepotism clause (if there would arise a dispute between me and some other coach where admin decissions would be needed), I think it is fair to let people know Supa actually is my son.

sammy77 likes this.
  14. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Aye, was sligthly surprised you got in Cathay. But I tend to favor those who pay me the dirtiest bribes. ;)

15. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Glad to have you back with us, @Swuul ! :cool:

Swuul likes this.
  16. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Last but not least, we've @Kjelstad joining with his emergency Ogre team in the division. Welcome! If you can accept your ticket today, I most likely get green light to kick-off this division in the evening. Stay tuned everyone, we're about to roll soon!

17. Supa

Supa Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Short teams analysis, as well as the ever mandatory predictions are up on the third post!

18. TheGuardDog

TheGuardDog Member

Steam Username:
    TheGuardDog
    Country Flag:
    @Supa I resent your placement of me at 6th place, my team name has losing in it, don't try and raise people's expectations! At least then when I fail horribly everyone expected it, and if somehow I do well then it isn't as impressive.

Supa likes this.
  19. sammy77

sammy77 Active Member

Steam Username:
    sammy_77
    Cyanide Username:
    sammy77
    Country Flag:
    Wow. Start with @Swuul . Good to start with him cos team is still in the bullpen. There is slight chance for me to do something.
    If everything goes smoothly we are going to turn his team to pulp. (like that would happen) :D

Swuul and Supa like this.
  20. Swuul

Swuul Active Member

Steam Username:
    Swuul
    Cyanide Username:
    Swuul
    Country Flag:
    Hey, just because I haven't played in a couple months doesn't mean I don't anymore know how to play the game!

(pssst... Ummm... can anybody remind me if it was left click or right click one had to use to move?)

sammy77 and TomSchnizz like this.