1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire Thrall doubles

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Stryke, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    There's an intriguing thread on the official forums about whether Thick Skull might actually be worth taking on vampire thralls. Anyone who has played Vamps knows what a challenge it is keeping these guys on the field and that you can drink from a stunned thrall it seems like it could be a good pick, but is it better than the other options?

I'd say normally the two sensible choices are dodge to keep them alive or guard to get them killed but be very useful till it happens. So maybe base it on how skilled the thrall is, thick skull on a rookie, guard for anyone with defensive skills like wrestle and fend already and dodge on ones with useful specific skills like kick or tackle.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I think thats an interesting idea, would probaly deside against it as its very unlikely to have a great effect compared to dodge or guard:pow:

3. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    Sound theory ... but I also think thick skuill is a waste compared to dodge. Its very conditional that a vamp fails bloodlust and can reach your thickskull player, and you roll the right value to stop him being KO'd.

4. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

For the Team Value cost of a double to get Think Skull you could almost pay for an extra Thrall... It just doesn't seem worth it to me compared to Guard.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  5. Sceadeau

Sceadeau Active Member

Country Flag:
    So, imagine for a second, what your team would look like, if every thrall rolled a double.

Which skill would you rather have between:

Block
    Dodge
    Guard
    Thick Skull

An entire team of Thick Skull thralls could help some of the problems that the vampire team has. But it seems more likely that you will eventually skill up vamps with pro, which negates the need for thick skull more than thick skull does.

For the TV gain, I can't justify thick skull, but I like the idea in theory.

6. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I like dodge for a double on Thralls. It helps keep them on the pitch and makes them better at keeping up with the Vamps. Maybe you could take thick skull on 1 Thrall and designate him as "Vampires lunch", but like everyone else says, i dont think its worth it.

7. maxcarrion

maxcarrion Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thick skull is not worth it IMO, maybe if it was a normal roll but wasting a double on it? Reserves are a better way to keep 11 players on the pitch and a few unskilled Thrall donors should help to protect most of your more valuable dodge/guard/block/kick thralls

8. Axler

Axler Member

Wouldn't leader be a decent option for a double on a thrall? Given that RR's are 140k to buy and add 70 to the TV. It would mean that you are essentially getting the thrall for free from a TV point of view and saving a nice pile of gold in the process.

You just need to make sure you don't eat him before you've used it.

9. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Thralls get KO'd/injured so easily that a Leader Thrall virtually guarantees his early departure. I've played a bit of Vamp in Crunch them all open league and my plan is to only give Leader to a Thrall if he already has a defensive skill (either dodge or block/wrestle). If its the first double i would always go dodge. Leader is definately useful for keeping tv down though, so would look to it for 2nd skill on any Thrall thats lucky enough to live that long and roll a double!