Rules Throw Teammate

Cactus

Veteran
Country Flag
I think the relevant question is whether Cyanide can handle Windows 7!

And tbh it's not the hard drive or the OS that gives the problem - it's the graphics card. You can have W7 Premium Gold Edition and a 5TB hard drive, but if your graphics card isn't up to scratch, you'll struggle to run it.

Yep, without a hitch. :pow:

Autarii

Rookie
Country Flag
A few weeks ago on Cyanide my halfling treeman stepped 1 square into the oppo's half and promptly threw the halfling ball carrier 9 squares directly up field. The halfling only had to stroll 3 squares to score the TD. Absolutely awesome! Won me play of the week, and ranks as the pinnacle of my Blood Bowl carreer! :)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
The halfling coach in our TT league brags about the time he got a blitz on the T1 kickoff, with the ball to land in the endzone. He tossed a halfling in that direction, the halfling got beneath the ball, and snagged it. 1-0 on a one-turner when not even receiving.

And that was apparently not the worst thing happening in that game, which he finally won 7-1 (still as halflings.)

Autarii

Rookie
Country Flag
I don't know if its a rule bug, but that couldn't happen on Cyanide as the ball doesn't land until the blitz turn is over. The best you can do is position a player under where the ball will land.

I have on occasion seen the ball dropped when the offensive player has gone to pick it up on his first turn, and then I've thrown a halfling who scoops the ball and scores on my first defensive turn.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Oh, it doesn't land until the blitz turn is over in TT either, but it doesn't really matter. If the ball will land in the endzone, and one of your players is beneath it, he gets a catch roll. If successful he will catch the ball, so when the opponent starts his turn he will immediately concede a touchdown since there is an opposing player holding the ball in his endzone..

However, if the halfling would have failed the catch, well, rough on him.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
There was a situation in the last (still current, actually) Crunch Cup when I threw an already moved Snotling, with the ball, right into the endzone. It was my last action of the last turn too, so You can imagine I was rather pleased that it worked. :D

ashdog

Rookie
Country Flag
Hi Guys,

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm just putting together an Ogre team and stumbled across your discussion.

I'd just like to confirm something with you, if that's okay?
On the first page, Nikolai says this:

Also, fumble is only ever on a one (modified or unmodified for passing) - what comes next is "inaccurate pass", which is the best you can ever get for TTM.

So as the smurf said, no 5+ rolls needed, just 2+, 2+ and 2+ for a quick pass or 3+ for a short pass (longest you can get).

However, in the rules for TTM is says "A fumbled player will land in the square he originally occupied". So - my interpretation is that you WILL need a 5+ to actually make the throw, otherwise the throwee will be dropped where he was.

Another question would be - In the Right Stuff rules it says that he must make an AG roll to see if he lands on his feet. Would this apply even if he was fumbled?!

Hope you don't mind me blundering in. :rolleyes:

Cheers

ash

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Hi Guys,

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm just putting together an Ogre team and stumbled across your discussion.

I'd just like to confirm something with you, if that's okay?
On the first page, Nikolai says this:

However, in the rules for TTM is says "A fumbled player will land in the square he originally occupied". So - my interpretation is that you WILL need a 5+ to actually make the throw, otherwise the throwee will be dropped where he was.

No, that is only on a fumble, not an inaccurate pass and a fumble only occurs if you roll a 1 or a modified 1. For a 5+ that would mean you have at least a -3 modifier being applied to the throw in order to exceed a modified 1 on a 5.

Another question would be - In the Right Stuff rules it says that he must make an AG roll to see if he lands on his feet. Would this apply even if he was fumbled?!

Yes, since he was picked up and a throw attempt was made, its just his destination that changed.

Hope you don't mind me blundering in. :rolleyes:

Cheers

ash

More the merrier :)

ashdog

Rookie
Country Flag
Ah! Yes of course - that's where I was getting confused. Getting my fumbles and inaccurate passes mixed up.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Ash