1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf Time for a Shake up?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by martybhoy, Aug 2, 2019.

1. martybhoy

martybhoy Active Member

Country Flag:
    upload_2019-8-2_18-9-14.jpeg

Hi everyone,
    I would like some advice on how to progress with this team. I feel like it has built up very well to this point (albeit with a mediocre head coach) but I don't want to muck it up by making stupid roster decisions so I thought I'd ask on here.

The team is entering its 8th season in the Big Crunch and is now back in T2 (Nordland). My scheduled matches are:

- HiElf (1540) - Undead (1670)- Kislev (1760) - Chorf (1700) - Necro (1900) - Nurgle (2020) - ProElf (2120) - Lizzies (1510) - Khemri (1600)

I have 150k in the bank.

Is it time to replace Colin Chainmaykka and/or Neil Nettsetta? they both seem to miss a lot of game time now that they are AV busted and it probably wont get easier in T2.

* I am leaning toward firing Colin Chainmaykka now and keeping Neil Nettsetta until the replacement gets guard

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    I would progessively phase out the AV8 dwarves. You can greatly reduce your TV without losses of competitivity by cutting blockers when they don't roll claws or a skillup in the first three level ups. Piling on loses value for each instance of it. Thus, I wouldn't take it if the player has no claws yet.

3. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    I agree with progressively firing the blockers. I'd then replace them all with fresh hobgoblins then I'd give them all pass block. As for the bulls I'd mostly keep them on the bench as they are too valuable. I'd also get a mino asap to be the main blitzer. See you soon again in Nordland mate! ;)

4. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    Second skill-up for the hobbos should definitely be kick for everyone. I'd also consider mass shadowing. The mino I'd get multiblock or dauntless for doubles.

5. martybhoy

martybhoy Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the input guys! My 1st match of the season is in 3 hours and I’m hoping to get off to a good start.

@Veggente85 I do like the idea of trimming the TV a little at a time giving new blockers the chance at stat ups or doubles.

@Halub ... mass shadowing you say? Hmm, o_O see you on MD2 buddy!

Halub likes this.
  6. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    Gee, MD2 already? That's uncomfortably close! :D I say fire the chorf blockers right now!

martybhoy likes this.
  7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I agree. Fire everything with Piling On. Dwarves need to be standing to be at their most effective.
    That does leave you with a ST4 dwarf but I can't think of any reason why you would fire that one.