1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Khemri Tomb Guardian Advice

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Frenz0rz, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Frenz0rz

Frenz0rz Member

Country Flag:
    So I have a Khemri team with a full compliment of players, and a mummy who has been lucky enough to get Block as his 1st skill, and +Str as his 2nd. Where should I take him from here so that I can make use of his full potential? What role should he play in the team? Although it would be nice to have a Str 6 player with Block on the LoS when I want to contest the line, I really dont want this guy getting hurt, particularly with Decay. Should I hang him back behind the front 3 and blitz with him, despite his 4 Mv? I've never had a Str 6 player with Block, particularly with no downside such as Take Root etc, so im rather at a loss as to where I should go from here.

Advice welcome :)

2. Acipenser

Acipenser Member

Country Flag:
    Mighty Blow and blitzing duty (or even on the line, as he will probably knock opponents away).

Tackle, if you really want it - but that's better for a rooadblock type TG.

3. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

Skills that stand out for me are:

Break Tackle - Makes the most of his limited Mobility (especially with such high Strength)

Mighty Blow - More kills = More SPP and of course less players on the field. Seems a bit of a waste to me though since your Blitz-Ra can do this almost as well.

Guard - One of the best skills in the game. You can never have too much and he is a great user. Lets see them knock him away!

Stand Firm - Paired with Guard for a nearly unstoppable pillar of strength.

Multiple Block - At Strength 6 you might actually be able to use this. The major problem is at only movement 4 you'll have a hard time setting it up well. Break Tackle would help.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  4. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I would take Mighty Blow for a few reasons.

It will help him get to his next skill quicker.
    You can easily get three dice against most opposing players that will try and mark them if you get one assist.
    It may discourage them from getting marked at all (threat of a three die hit with Mighty Blow)

Break Tackle would probably be the only skill I would consider instead, though I'm not sure how often you would want to dodge with them anyway.

5. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    M-blow would also be my choise.

6. Runi

Runi Member

Country Flag:
    @Coach
    I agree with you but I can imagine situations where you would want to dodge with him: Just marching straight into a cage and knock the ball carrier over. With Break Tackle it works on a 4+ into three tackle zones. Get one down before and it's a 3+. With a re-roll it's worth a try. And imagine getting dodge on that piece ;).

But I wouldn't disagree with Mighty Blow either.

7. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I imagined that situation but with four really high strength players you can easily just hit your way towards the ball carrier over two turns and not risk the dodge at all. So while I would like the option, I think Mighty Blow will come into play in more situations.

8. maxcarrion

maxcarrion Active Member

Country Flag:
    So many great choices, I’d probably go with MB and Break Tackle as the next two, not really sure which order, rolling more doubles I’d be looking at Tackle.

MB is a great skill, more spp, more injuries, a S6 block player is about as consistent hitter as you’re going to see without tackle and the more players he can take off the pitch the easier your game is.

Break Tackle is great for mobility, importantly this allows you to shake off linemen who are marking your star blocker away from the action, it also allows you to put a massive road block or blitz right where the opponent least wants it, it’s actually only 3+ to dodge into a cage with Agi 6 and a S3 carrier with 2 assists for the corners you still get a 2D block single handed, I can see a lot of players really struggling to counter that and even if you only manage a push you still have a really strong player marking up his entire push.

Tackle would be sweet, combined with MB it’s going to leave some of the more agile players bleeding and broken on the floor, combined with break tackle can provide more consistent hits on the ball carrier (or whoever else you want) as well as the ability to place dodge cancelling tzs in harder to get to places. Even on its own it stops a dodge player bogging you down by being hard to knock down. If I got this on skill 3 I’d defiantly pick up break tackle next as it gives a fantastically consistent blitzer (3 dice with 1 assist plus block & tackle and able to make a single dodge almost anywhere)

That’s the 3 skills I’d go for, if you don’t get a double then guard is never a bad choice.