1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human Top Git (OCC)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by XanderV, Jan 6, 2014.

1. XanderV

XanderV Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

[font=georgia, serif]Maverick : We are...Top Git.[/font]

[font=georgia, serif]We are the best fighter pilots this planet has to offer![/font]

[font=georgia, serif]And, in our time off, to stay in shape, we've trained a blood bowl team made up from the best of the best![/font]

[font=georgia, serif]This is where I, Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, will discuss the adventures of our team as we land into the OCC![/font]

[font=georgia, serif]Goose : Whoa Maverick, look at this place! There are basically no ladies around! How am I supposed to ride your coattails so I can meet some chicks?! Anyway, for those of you who are unaware of our story, here is a condensed form![/font]

[ame=http://youtu.be/nZq6dSYcXHY]Godammit, Maverick![/ame]
    [font=georgia, serif]Maverick : Very funny, Goose...[/font]

[font=georgia, serif]Iceman : Maverick, Goose, you rookies, that's not how you convince people to watch our games! You need to be...perfect! Viewers, not convinced that we'll fly to the top of the OCC? Just check out our incredible ball-handling skills![/font]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmfd9etbXGE]top gun (volleyball scene) - YouTube[/ame]

[font=georgia, serif]Iceman : Now, let's keep training! OCC Season 21 is here![/font]

THE CREW

[​IMG]
    Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell - Blitzer
    Self-proclaimed daredevil and team captain, Maverick plays Blood Bowl for the thrill of the high-profile matches and lives for the clutch plays. His aggressive nature really shows on the Blood Bowl pitch, where he constantly goes for the key opposition players despite his smallish frame.

QUOTE : "I'd tell you...but then I'd have to kill you."
    SKILLS : Mighty Blow - Piling On - Tackle

[​IMG]
    Nick 'Goose' Bradshaw - Blitzer
    Maverick's best friend, he will happily give away all the glory if it means that he can stay out of trouble. Don't let his mustache deceive you though, he is a very effective albeit discreet Blood Bowl player. He keeps having nightmares of his death, which is something he hopes to avoid in the nights before games.

QUOTE : "Great balls of fire!"
    SKILLS : Guard - Mighty Blow

[​IMG]
    Tom 'Iceman' Kazansky - Blitzer
    Maverick's former arch-rival, Iceman learned to respect the captain's nature when he saw how talented he was. Iceman talks big, but he actually has the talent to back it up. You don't win Iceman's respect, you deserve it.

QUOTE : "You! You are still unsafe...you can be my wingman anytime."
    SKILLS : Guard

[​IMG]
    Ron 'Slider' Kerner - Blitzer
    Slider loves showing off, but he is not exactly captain material. In fact, he looks up to Iceman and follows him around, because it doesn't seem like he can stand up to himself all that much. Still, he proves to be an adept Blood Bowl player...once he accepts that Maverick's simply better than him.

QUOTE : "Remember, boys, no points for second place!"
    SKILLS : Guard - Tackle

[​IMG]
    Commander Stinger - Ogre
    Stinger, Maverick's first navy commander, thinks he knows it all when he actually doesn't do much besides getting mad at Maverick.

QUOTE : "Goddammit, Maverick!!"
    SKILLS : Block - Guard

[​IMG]
    Lt. Commander 'Jester' - Thrower
    Jester is one of the top trainers of the Top Gun unit. He is not the most talented element of the team, but he does know a thing or two about leadership.

QUOTE : "That was some of the best flying I've seen to date - right up to the part where you got killed."
    SKILLS : Block - Dodge

[​IMG]
    Commander 'Viper' - Thrower
    Viper is the commander of the Top Gun unit and is the one the crew looks up to. He used to fly with Maverick's father in his younger years. While his age is starting to show, his leadership and the respect he garners are second to none.

QUOTE : "That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in. I like that in a pilot."
    SKILLS : Block - Kick

[​IMG]
    'Merlin' - Catcher
    Merlin is a rookie Radar Officer, but he shows potential. He has a tendancy to overreact, however. As such, he needs to control his emotions if he wishes to become a successful Blood Bowl player.

QUOTE : "What are you doing? You're slowing down, you're slowing down! You're gonna do what?! Aaaargh!!"
    SKILLS : Block - Dodge - Guard

[​IMG]
    The Supporting crew - Linemen
    Top Git could not function without its supporting cast. From catering to cleaning to controlling planes, these guys carry the team in silent fashion while allowing the pilots to be the stars.

QUOTE : "Sir! Yes, sir!"
    SKILLS
    Radio Operator - Dirty Player
    Flight Deck Mechanic - Wrestle
    Landing Signal Officer - Wrestle
    Aircraft Handler - None

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Love the theme and videos, good luck X

3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    A team based on a movie about repressed homosexuality! Enjoy it until you get creamed ( ;) ) in the upper tiers! :p

4. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    What do you mean?

5. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    lol, which part? :D :D :D

6. XanderV

XanderV Member

Country Flag:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyN8VN4BSzM]Topgun according to Tarantino - YouTube[/ame]

7. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Michael Ironside - you win:D

8. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    "... The gays are fucking beating the Russians!..."

9. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    eh tarantino going off lol..

10. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Awesome, love the name and theme. Good luck with these guys Xander!

11. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Finally, always good to see a new OCC blog, and Humans even better. Hope your guys are doing well since they beat me up. :D

12. XanderV

XanderV Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah they're doing great...and I still feel horrible about it. :D Though it looks like the switch did you some good!

13. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Canadians always so nice... this got me thinking about a pic I recently saw about Day-Z:

[​IMG]

14. XanderV

XanderV Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]
    'Maverick' reflects on S20, chokes on MD1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"What can I say...even I have off days sometimes", said Maverick while putting on his trusty Rayban sunglasses. "Season 20 was such a blessing for us, and we might have taken it a bit easy during the offseason. Our rust really showed today..." said the team captain following a 2-2 draw against coach Willpower's High Elves in their season opener.

Maverick, after nursing a fractured skull suffered early in S20 (which he nursed back to health with the help of the special Top Git apothecary team, which removes all injuries but induces amnesia and an unavoidable skill reset), scored 31 SPP in the last 7 games of S20 and had already built his killing confidence back up nicely(Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle). However, it was Veni Vidi Vici's killer blitzer, Ab Ovo, who had the upper hand on this day when he broke armour 7 times in 9 blocks, sending 3 Humans off the pitch by himself and badly hurting fan-favourite guarding catcher Merlin on his first block of the game.

When Maverick tried to retaliate by questionably piling on a rookie lineman, he left himself exposed to a 6-man foul that sent him to the KO box until turn 14, where the Humans were losing both the attrition war as well as the game by a score of 2-1. Luckily for the captain, however, 2 turns was all 'Mav' needed to tie up the score when he ran upfield, turned around and caught a pass in a tackle zone, dodged off his marker and sprinted into the endzone for the turn 16 touchdown. However, he is well aware that such a feat only allowed him to avoid the humiliation of a loss, a position he had put his team in in the first place.

Veni Vidi Vici won the toss and elected to receive. This proved to be a great decision when the Humans' numbers started to dwindle and Ab Ovo forced the Top Git ball carrier to make a break for it all alone. The slower Human was eventually caught by Elven defenders and the ball was stolen, leading to a turn 8 High Elf score.

However, with the 1-0 lead and the ball as the second half started, the Elves started to play it cocky, and a showboating attempt left the ball exposed on the ground. The Humans snagged it up and started to bring the pain to the Elves, taking them off the pitch at an alarming rate. However, they were faced with two options : going for the quick score in hopes of repeating the feat and winning 2-1, or keep bullying the Elves and walk it in for the T16 touchdown and the draw. The smell of victory proved to be too tempting, however, and a T12 touchdown became inevitable. One could argue that this decision could have been fatal when the Elves did not repeat the same mistake twice on the ensuing kickoff, quickly passing the ball upfield and dodging through defenders for a T14 touchdown. Luckily for the Humans, this Elven feat paved the way for the Maverick desperation play on T16, which worked much to coach XanderV's disbelief.

As such, after going 7-1-1 in S20, Top Git opened up S21 in Tier 5 (Division 5A) with an undeserved draw in coach XanderV's book. "We were outplayed all game long and fell into all the traps the Elves set up for us. Their blitzer was removing our players faster than you could say "blitz", so we were getting frustrated and I asked Maverick to retaliate. It was a horrible decision. We're slower and less agile than Elves, and that means we need to stick to our game plan at all costs...even if Nuffle is against us. Luckily Maverick was able to tie it up with a desperation play, but that was anything but satisfying. This was a loss in my book."

The Humans play the Undead Rum Martyrs next, as they hope to shake off their 2-game winless skid (they tied the last game of the season in S20).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  15. XanderV

XanderV Member

Country Flag:
    Okay, this is humiliating.

I receive against the Undead in the rain. My first TWO MB blocks on zombies give me two CAS. Then I foul a guard Mummy DEAD (regens). Then I take out a blodging side-stepping Ghoul with a regular tackle block. Then I smash the knee of his MB-tackle wight when he marks my ball carrier. Thing is, it's like T6 and I'm only a couple steps into my opponent's half. But then I'm getting so ecstatic and pumped with my violence output that I try to gangfoul and MB-block the remaining Ghouls...only to realize that I'm 9 steps out on T8 with a MA6 ball-carrier and nobody in range.

Just in case it wasn't clear enough, let me be more specific.

I ACTUALLY FORGOT TO GET WITHIN SCORING RANGE EVEN THOUGH I WAS OUTNUMBERING MY OPPONENT LIKE 9 TO 5.

I guess that's a first.

Second half, they receive still in the rain but they only have one Wight and two Ghouls. So when their first pick-up failw, I get two players around the ball. But then they surf Goose out and he gets a niggle (not sure I want to keep him). And then both sides fail pickups and the game ends with the ball on the ground at the LOS.

So, a potential VERY easy 1-0 win becomes a 0-0 tie because I was too incompetent. And I lose a MB-Guard blitzer.

Not my best game ever.

16. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  17. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Ken - your picture is broken. Try using words. (Unless you intended that a broken picture should convey the meaning "Fail" ;))

18. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    image works for me

let me try something else for those of you with "lesser" internets

19. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Well at least you are far less likely to ever do that again mr X! :p

Keep Goose as the niggle is good fluff for him. ;)

20. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I understand.

When I play as humans I am so used to getting the shit kicked out of me that on those rare occasions when MB and DP actually do something then, like Xander, the berserker rage kicks in and I do get a bit lost in it and forget to score.